The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 11-21-2020, 06:12 AM   #1
neatoman
Emperor

Video Game wishes that will probably never happen

Post your wishes about video games, that you think will probably never happen.

Here's an example: I wish the Metroid Prime games were on GOG, that way they would have mouse support, be able to run at the highest possible settings and be relatively cheap. It isn't going to happen because Nintendo does not port their games to hardware that isn't made by them, refuse to include mouse support on Switch games (despite the switch being capable of using a mouse) and tends to overcharge for old games. A Switch port would still be nice, just not as nice.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 06:52 AM   #2
Powder
So tired of this place

Not sure if they're on the "never" scale, but here some some unlikely wants. Thankfully, Pokemon Snap 2 need not apply, it's finally happening!

-A return to Wario Land's roots. The mini-games are cool, I guess, but that whole aesthetic & overall feel has never felt quite right to me. The first, original, side-scrolling platformer was never topped. The sequels, while fun, felt like a completely different thing, even. I miss how everythig in the OG felt so shifty & shady, comically evil, & the attack/power-ups were more stripped down.

-A new Pokemon pinball. Always was obsessed with the ones they did back in the day.

-Mario in pixels again. Have 3D titles 3D, & 2D be 2D. The "New" SMB series is severely lacking on a whole. I'm glad that Mario can retain a side-scrolling platformer series, but it needs to be revitalized. Take visual cues from Octopath Traveler on how to make pixel-based graphics feel like high-art, & gameplay inspiration from the SMW modding community.

-Another Mario point- I want to see characters, worlds, themes, from SMB USA, SML, etc. So much cool & long forgotten content being lost to time. Wart, Birdo, Chinese Vampires, UFO's, etc. Odyssey made reference to one or two things but I'd like to see a more overt revisiting of so many more.

-Super Smash Kart. Forget Mario Kart, just put all your eggs in the one basket. You've already got Link, DK, Inklings, Isabelle, etc. Throw in some Pokemon, Samus, Kirby, Fox, Capt. Falcon, etc. Instead of go-karts, have characters on in-series means of transportation; warp star, Arwing, other Pokemon, etc. Weapons would follow the same idea. You get it.

-Dixie Kong, Rayman, Crash Bandicoot for Smash Bros.

-Half Life 3. Team Fortress 3. Portal 3. Left For Dead 3. Valve, Gaben, c'mon, dudes.

-A new TMNT game that doesn't suck. Jesus will come back before that one.

-Nintendo giving their classic, now Smash-only characters new titles to play around in. F-Zero, Game & Watch (with Mr.), Ice Climbers, R.O.B., Duck Hunt Dog/Duck, a lot of these guys are such unique characters built around fun concepts/mechanics, & could very easily be capitalized on. If f**king Toad can get his own series...

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 10:54 AM   #3
frank_one
Mad Scientist

- A remake or a sequel of Vortex, the SNES game by Argonaut.
- A new Warioland in the style of the first one
- A proper sequel to the first Quake, without Stroggs
- Grim Fandango 2
- A TMNT game based on Mirage comics. I want it with a cell-shaded black and white mode with duoshade-like effects!
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote