The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 08-27-2016, 06:34 AM   #1
Bill
Stone Warrior

Myteefinestuff is having a close out sale of 60 % off everything in the store

Hello,
Dear Tmnt Dromers, perhaps you donĀ“t know but myteefinestuff is having a close out sale of 60 % off everything in the store. I believe this is our chance to finally complete our collection!

https://myteefinestuff.com/terms.htm#discounts

Thanks for reading.
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 08:23 AM   #2
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

well i hit him up for some of the ones i was missing. if it's still going a few a week from now i'll do it again.

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 11:16 AM   #3
EddieNES
Stone Warrior

Is it shutting down?
EddieNES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 01:14 PM   #4
TheMasterTurtle
Mad Scientist

Shame I'm tapped out with other stuff right now

Do you have any Dinosaucers or a lead on where to get anything related to the show? PM Me Please!

Check out my collection!
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=39766
TheMasterTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 01:57 PM   #5
Shogun26
Mad Scientist

Yes, he is closing up. I wish i could decide what else is on my "must have" list.
Shogun26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 02:38 PM   #6
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Never was inclined to buy anything from the site, but I really liked having it as a merchandise reference for the pictures.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 02:46 PM   #7
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Never was inclined to buy anything from the site, but I really liked having it as a merchandise reference for the pictures.
i mainly used his site to nearly complete my muta raft, foot crusier and module toys. i wonder how much will be left by next week.

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
Old 08-27-2016, 03:29 PM   #8
TheMasterTurtle
Mad Scientist

Having looked again I'm not huge on the payment preferences. No security for me if he just decides not to ship. I don't think that would be the case but I could rack up a big tab with odds and ends that I haven't made it a priority to buy

Do you have any Dinosaucers or a lead on where to get anything related to the show? PM Me Please!

Check out my collection!
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=39766
TheMasterTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 05:54 PM   #9
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMasterTurtle View Post
Having looked again I'm not huge on the payment preferences. No security for me if he just decides not to ship. I don't think that would be the case but I could rack up a big tab with odds and ends that I haven't made it a priority to buy
Well, I've bought a figure from him before and nothing was wrong with it, he even undercharged me because the figure was heavier then the thought so I say go for it.
Old 08-27-2016, 06:51 PM   #10
Shogun26
Mad Scientist

I have bought a ton of stuff from him before without issue, but never using the friends and family, always had paypal backing. I really question why now all of a sudden he is pushing it. I guess he doesn't want returns, but i feel after all that time, now using this method is a little unsettling to me..
Old 08-27-2016, 06:59 PM   #11
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogun26 View Post
I have bought a ton of stuff from him before without issue, but never using the friends and family, always had paypal backing. I really question why now all of a sudden he is pushing it. I guess he doesn't want returns, but i feel after all that time, now using this method is a little unsettling to me..
well, he said he shipped my order and even gave a slight return on shipping so it should show up.

Kenny O'Donnell

Old 08-27-2016, 07:34 PM   #12
nellyp
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMasterTurtle View Post
Shame I'm tapped out with other stuff right now
Me too, which is a shame cause just the other day I put a bunch of stuff in my cart for a future purchase. I went to a flea market last weekend and got a bunch of figures all missing their accessories and a couple vehicles missing pieces and it was comforting knowing I could go to Tom's site and pick up most of the missing stuff.

It was because of his site I was able to get a complete Monty Moose earlier this year for a lot less than eBay prices. Being from Canada Monty Moose is a must have Mountie mutant. Much appreciated.

Hopefully I can put in an order in a couple weeks and he won't be sold out of the items I need.
nellyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 07:41 PM   #13
Toadtrooper
Hench Mutant

Never support any seller that tries to avoid PayPal fees through the 'Gift to Family/Friends' route.

Not only is it scamming the payment system, you lose out on your buyer protection because PayPal does not consider it a purchase. Personal payment is not considered an agreement to deliver goods, just an agreement to pay.

If you need a few official answers from PayPal on the topic, here you go.
Toadtrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 08:04 PM   #14
Powder
So tired of this place

I had good experiences with Tom in the past. Dunno if anything's up now, though. 60% is a great sale to have, though a lot of his goods aren't even worth their discounted prices. It's weird how some items are really fairly priced, while others are extreme. I wouldn't mind grabbing a few things, but most of what I need is at a jacked up price.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 08:12 PM   #15
Shogun26
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I had good experiences with Tom in the past. Dunno if anything's up now, though. 60% is a great sale to have, though a lot of his goods aren't even worth their discounted prices. It's weird how some items are really fairly priced, while others are extreme. I wouldn't mind grabbing a few things, but most of what I need is at a jacked up price.
Completely agree. Tom was like my mentor when it came to selling and getting the correct packing supplies. Everything id want to buy is still really over priced (imo).

Last edited by Shogun26; 08-28-2016 at 07:35 AM.
Old 08-27-2016, 09:17 PM   #16
nellyp
Stone Warrior

It looks like someone bought that complete Scratch he had for a while. It was $650 so with a 60% discount it would still be $260. Still too much for me for a toy that was like $5 23 years ago. Maybe someday.
nellyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 09:56 PM   #17
nevermore
Foot Soldier

Couldn't attend the NJ Toy Convention this weekend, wanted to pick up TMNT there. Glad I saw this thread, I just bought the original four 1988 Playmates Turtles C9, came out to $140 shipped. Thought it was a fair price, probably could have gotten these a little cheaper with the right deal.

Keeping my fingers crossed. His site has been around for a long time, so I am trusting him with the PayPal gift option.
Old 08-28-2016, 03:58 AM   #18
LilithMV
Thug

I just bought Toon Irma and Vernon. Now I just need Burne.

Well, and tons of other older figures. I got many from the 2K3 line. Back when I started to collect the 2K3 were coming and I didn't buy anything from Ebay, I just started that about a year ago. Still I'm at least trying to complete the 1988 line, and then on to the next one. Some things will be hard or even impossible to get unless I want to shell out thousands of dollars.
LilithMV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 09:24 AM   #19
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadtrooper View Post
Never support any seller that tries to avoid PayPal fees through the 'Gift to Family/Friends' route.

Not only is it scamming the payment system, you lose out on your buyer protection because PayPal does not consider it a purchase. Personal payment is not considered an agreement to deliver goods, just an agreement to pay.

If you need a few official answers from PayPal on the topic, here you go.
I disagree. I have used friends and family to sell products cheaper and when we are talking 12% of the cost it can make a huge difference. If you trust the seller and are ok with the dollar amount it can help.

Those fees are crap-just know who you are dealing with before going that route. I usually offer the option like " I'll sell it for $20 or cheaper if if you are ok to do friends/family...."

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 10:19 PM   #20
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Shame he's closing, anyone know why?

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276