The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 02-04-2019, 10:25 PM   #41
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltron View Post
Wait, there's a sizable number of Bayturtle fans? I'm kind of surprised. I watched the first movie and the characters were wholly unmemorable. The only thing I remember was poison gas and Shredder being a giant robot for no particular reason.

Oh, and that a bunch of New Yorkers were eating Pizza Hut or something, which in a movie about 6 foot tall mutant turtles was still the hardest part to believe.
Not really.

Ten or so people liked it. A couple of 'em used to post here.

Another ten or so said they liked it and defended it to the hilt but when pressed admitted they only liked it because it was TMNT.

Then there was a bunch a people who was clearly their job to say they loved it and everyone else was hater and we'd better strap in for a whole series.

Funny how things work out.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 11:34 PM   #42
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

Oh, thank God! I was worried for a minute.
Old 02-05-2019, 08:47 AM   #43
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja

Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
Not really.

Ten or so people liked it. A couple of 'em used to post here.

Another ten or so said they liked it and defended it to the hilt but when pressed admitted they only liked it because it was TMNT.

Then there was a bunch a people who was clearly their job to say they loved it and everyone else was hater and we'd better strap in for a whole series.

Funny how things work out.
And see this is the crap I'm talking about

BS the whole statement smh

There were plenty of fansof the PD movie only shame was they should have axee the first movie and release the second movie as it was in the first place

But to just will fully ignore a large group because you couldn't be bothered to let those enjoy what they want to. That's the freaking issue smh

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 08:52 AM   #44
Coola Yagami
Overlord

But it wasn't enjoyable. It spat in the face of everything TMNT. The PD movies some people will literally like anything with the TMNT logo attached and that's messed up. It means they can literally create anything and people will still pay.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 09:11 AM   #45
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

If you only post when plants are being discussed and a new movie is being rolled out, well...

Watch out for the pesticide, it'll probably knock you on your @ss.
Old 02-05-2019, 10:00 AM   #46
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

While I do think there were plants on these boards- and will be again- I do believe there was an almost witch hunt mentality that formed, of people looking for plants.While I do think there are moronic plants that should be called out. I think there actually were a few new people who just liked the bay movies, and they got chased off by overzealous gatekeeper jerks. While PD plants are a problem, not everyone who doesn't agree with the TMNT fan hivemind is a plant.

Look, I have two of the TMNT movies in my collection: the dvds of the 1990 film, and the DVD for out of the shadows. Those two movies are my favorite Ninja turtles films. Those movies, to me, are TMNT. the original is the best TMNT film ever made, and Out of the shadows has characters I wanted to see in a TMNT film. that is a personal opinion, and just because a new poster likes something everyone else thinks is trash, it does not make that person a plant.

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 10:02 AM   #47
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
But it wasn't enjoyable. It spat in the face of everything TMNT. The PD movies some people will literally like anything with the TMNT logo attached and that's messed up. It means they can literally create anything and people will still pay.
Here is a novel idea maybe things can be subjective like what makes tmnt great is it pretty expensive, so for some what makes tmnt is different from others, I enjoyed the first movie I know that not everyone did but what really made the movie bad was the toxic fans who just can't grasp that others might think differently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
If you only post when plants are being discussed and a new movie is being rolled out, well...

Watch out for the pesticide, it'll probably knock you on your @ss.
Or maybe users on this site made it not worth stocking around to here the garbage the kept spewing again I found more receptive outlets to discuss with like minded fans

I liked the first movie I greatly enjoyed the sequel

Am I excited to see what they have in store for the next movie hell yeah I am
Does that make me a plant hell no

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
Old 02-05-2019, 10:09 AM   #48
newfan
Mad Scientist

Well unless we have some very psychic members I think those who registered years ago are obviously not PD PLANTS

So far as newer people, Panda_kahn_fan made the point above, yes there will be PLANTS and there will be a number of people who do like the movie, just a case of telling them apart, as I said before I wasn't here then, I just hear that it was ugly all around.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 10:15 AM   #49
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
While I do think there were plants on these boards- and will be again- I do believe there was an almost witch hunt mentality that formed, of people looking for plants.While I do think there are moronic plants that should be called out. I think there actually were a few new people who just liked the bay movies, and they got chased off by overzealous gatekeeper jerks. While PD plants are a problem, not everyone who doesn't agree with the TMNT fan hivemind is a plant.

Look, I have two of the TMNT movies in my collection: the dvds of the 1990 film, and the DVD for out of the shadows. Those two movies are my favorite Ninja turtles films. Those movies, to me, are TMNT. the original is the best TMNT film ever made, and Out of the shadows has characters I wanted to see in a TMNT film. that is a personal opinion, and just because a new poster likes something everyone else thinks is trash, it does not make that person a plant.
I really believe that if they released out of the shadows first it would have done much better, it was a much better film, it was closer to the source. I honestly enjoyed it and it sucks I don't get to see what happens next.

But I am excited to see what they have in store for us in the next movie

love you mom...
Quote:
--- @Ceejay
Old 02-05-2019, 10:28 AM   #50
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by samxsteal View Post
Or maybe users on this site made it not worth stocking around to here the garbage the kept spewing again I found more receptive outlets to discuss with like minded fans

I liked the first movie I greatly enjoyed the sequel

Am I excited to see what they have in store for the next movie hell yeah I am
Does that make me a plant hell no
If I don't see somebody commenting on the cartoons, or the comics, or the toys, or anything in the not-TMNT section... just in the movie section whenever movies come out...

I dunno, man. If Andrew calls those people plants, I'm not sure he's wrong.

I like you okay, though, plant or no plant. I remember you having a hard time with your mom a couple of years ago; hope you're doing well.
Old 02-05-2019, 10:53 AM   #51
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
If I don't see somebody commenting on the cartoons, or the comics, or the toys, or anything in the not-TMNT section... just in the movie section whenever movies come out...

I dunno, man. If Andrew calls those people plants, I'm not sure he's wrong.

I like you okay, though, plant or no plant. I remember you having a hard time with your mom a couple of years ago; hope you're doing well.
I don't really pay in those groups often, and u know others that are the same
I mean I get what you're saying

I just want to know why the f Andrew is some how the distinguisher on plants or not, the dude has legit said he pretty much hates every version of turtles lol like what??? And some how people trust that, that fine if you put stock in that gut but that's on you presonally couldn't care less whwt crap spews out that guys mouth

She's in a better place than you. My father in law passed last year cuz some drink @$$ hoke hot him on his way home from a golf trip so life was a little rough last year

love you mom...
Quote:
--- @Ceejay
Old 02-05-2019, 11:20 AM   #52
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

samxsteal's join date insulates him from any PLANT controversy. 2006 is very different than a 2014 or 2016 join date... or a 2019 one.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 11:25 AM   #53
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
samxsteal's join date insulates him from any PLANT controversy. 2006 is very different than a 2014 or 2016 join date... or a 2019 one.
You legit are a freaking tool lol

Like wtf give you the right to didctate whether or not new fan joining ate plants for not this place isn't all they great to thing a movie company would legit spend resource into "plants" I'm sorry but this place doesn't have that much clout lol.

And your thinking it why this place has kind of stagnated

But sure keep pushing everyone off the site and sit on your pretend throne of almighty tmntship like you're opinion some how matters in the scheme of things lol.

love you mom...
Quote:
--- @Ceejay
Old 02-05-2019, 11:37 AM   #54
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Old 02-05-2019, 11:43 AM   #55
Vicky82
Emperor

I expect a lot of people thought Andrew was a plant when he joined in 2007, he joined the same year the TMNT 07 movie came out.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 11:44 AM   #56
Coola Yagami
Overlord

These plants are vicious

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 11:46 AM   #57
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
These plants are vicious
This new batch is going right for the kneecaps. Sheesh!
Old 02-05-2019, 12:26 PM   #58
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja

Lol thank you everyone for proving my freaking point good job

love you mom...
Quote:
--- @Ceejay
Old 02-05-2019, 12:27 PM   #59
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by samxsteal View Post
Lol thank you everyone for proving my freaking point good job
Holy sh**... 2006, waittaminute... maybe you're one of the original PLANTS! From the very first batch, for the 2007 movie!
Old 02-05-2019, 12:41 PM   #60
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Holy sh**... 2006, waittaminute... maybe you're one of the original PLANTS! From the very first batch, for the 2007 movie!
O_O.........
Well you can't fix stupid I guess
Smh

love you mom...
Quote:
--- @Ceejay