The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 04-04-2019, 03:35 PM   #41
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Yeah! That was the one. And the script writer they chose was Frank Fusco. And it was decided it was "too dark."

Everything I've heard about it suggests it was the best TMNT thing we'll never get.
I just wish the damn script would leak!
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 03:31 PM   #42
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I can't believe you haven't finished it yet. When I first played that game it was ALL that I did besides go to work for almost two weeks, and upon beating it I immediately restarted it so I could play Dark Side as well as find all the stuff I knew I'd missed. If that game had a moist orifice I for sure would have gotten it pregnant by now.

Your mother and I are very disappointed in you for this. And I'm not even your real Dad, nor do she and I talk. But nonetheless, we both expect better from you in the future.

I won't hold it against you if you skip the second game, though. Some big improvements, but it's also kind of a letdown. First one is all you really need.
What This is one of the funniest things I've ever read. Is that a common saying/joke in the US or something

And for the record, if anything I think my mum would be glad I'm not playing videogames for once. She's part of a generation that didn't grow up with games. She actually expected my brother to outgrow video games for good once he went to university.

Baby boomers are funny.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 03:38 PM   #43
Leo656
The Franchise

Nah, I just generally say the first thing that comes to mind.

But the disappointment is real. I love that damn game. Bastila's my Baby Mama and that bitch don't even know yet.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 03:40 PM   #44
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Nah, I just generally say the first thing that comes to mind.

But the disappointment is real. I love that damn game. Bastila's my Baby Mama and that bitch don't even know yet.
More like I got distracted meanwhile and forgot about it. I'm a bit like that with games at times. But I'm not TOO FAR into the game for it to be a hassle to go back to it yet. So I'll get on to it eventually.
Old 04-06-2019, 03:53 PM   #45
Leo656
The Franchise

There's so many hidden subplots and things to do. I hope you find at least most of them. I was amazed at how things just kept getting bigger the longer I played it. I mean, again, this was like 2004 I think, but I'm still impressed with it.

Talk to everyone, multiple times, including everyone in your party. And definitely try exploring the same areas multiple times with different party members accompanying you. Some things only open up under very certain and specific conditions, but they're all fun and worth getting involved in. Some stuff, like the assassin's guild, are very sneakily hidden but very cool. Every time I play it I find something I missed before.

I don't even remember specifically how I got into it, but once I did it was very engaging. Second one was also good but they shipped it unfinished so that's a real bummer.

Old 04-06-2019, 04:11 PM   #46
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
There's so many hidden subplots and things to do. I hope you find at least most of them. I was amazed at how things just kept getting bigger the longer I played it. I mean, again, this was like 2004 I think, but I'm still impressed with it.

Talk to everyone, multiple times, including everyone in your party. And definitely try exploring the same areas multiple times with different party members accompanying you. Some things only open up under very certain and specific conditions, but they're all fun and worth getting involved in. Some stuff, like the assassin's guild, are very sneakily hidden but very cool. Every time I play it I find something I missed before.

I don't even remember specifically how I got into it, but once I did it was very engaging. Second one was also good but they shipped it unfinished so that's a real bummer.
Yeah it does seem like a game you're supposed to play several times.
Old 04-07-2019, 03:41 PM   #47
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
- Eh. Disney made any other movie than TFA, people would've nerd-raged at them even worse than they did at Lucas about the prequels. It was a decent (if completely safe and corporately-mandated) launchpad that could have led to some interesting stories, but they pooched the follow-up by making TFA completely not matter. I stand by that opinion.
The Farce Awakens was a total travesty for me. I knew they'd screw it up as soon as they announced they were doing away with the EU. It's like the writers found out at the last minute that all the good ideas had already been used by the EU and so just provided a crap remake of ANH. And no, fans wanted them to create a plot that was set in the EU, I know this talking to other fans online. Lucasfilm/Disney effectively killed Star Wars as a brand with TFA and then Bernie'd its corpse through all these other movies. I'm sorry, it still makes me really angry talking about this.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 06:12 PM   #48
Leo656
The Franchise

"Expectations are the first step towards Disappointment."

Anyone who expected Disney to use the EU as part of their new plans should have had their head examined. That was never on the table. Look, I prefer the old EU stuff that I bothered to look at much better than Disney's new slop, too, but it was never going to be put back in play.

TFA was exactly the movie I expected them to make, and within that, it was fine. And - more importantly for Disney - it was good for business. The Mouse knows full well that for as much as people whine and complain, 99% of those people will STILL go see the new movies, even if it's just so they have an excuse to complain f*cking more.

TLJ on the other hand was irredeemable, because not only was it inconsistent with Star Wars in almost every way, it wasn't even consistent with the previous movie.

I agree that the franchise is a mess and I am probably done with it, but TFA was simply a case of Disney proving that they do in fact know what a Star Wars movie looks like, even if they had to prove it by being derivative. TLJ was the bigger misfire because they went into business for themselves and ALSO made a really bad movie. TFA wasn't a bad movie, just a very "safe" one that leaned heavily on nostalgia. It did its intended job. TLJ tried a "scorched earth" approach with the whole, "Don't care about what you already care about, care about what we TELL you to care about," and also the movie itself told a very bad story with very unlikable characters and a plot that was pure nonsense to anyone over the age of 5.

TFA may not have been the movie some people WANTED, but it was still Just Fine. TLJ, on the other hand, is a very bad movie from every possible angle.

Old 04-21-2019, 05:34 PM   #49
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
And for the record, if anything I think my mum would be glad I'm not playing videogames for once. She's part of a generation that didn't grow up with games. She actually expected my brother to outgrow video games for good once he went to university.

Baby boomers are funny.
Reminds me of my mum.

Quote:
Anyone who expected Disney to use the EU as part of their new plans should have had their head examined. That was never on the table. Look, I prefer the old EU stuff that I bothered to look at much better than Disney's new slop, too, but it was never going to be put back in play.
Firslty they should never have made a new trilogy but if they did the EU should have been made canon so we could have been spared the torture of The Farce Awakens and whatever came after. People moan about TLJ but TFA is what ruined Star Wars, no two ways about it. It destroyed the characters, destroyed that universe, destroyed everything ROTJ did and clearly showed that current Lucasfilm have no clue what they are doing. Clearly allowing the EU as part of future canon would have made sense to a point while being extremely doable. Such a wasted opportunity.

Also my head is perfectly fine thank you.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote