The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Are you glad Viacom/Nick bought TMNT?
I'm glad they did 40 52.63%
I'm glad NOW they did, but I wasn't beforehand 8 10.53%
No, not glad 12 15.79%
I was glad at first, now I'm not glad 13 17.11%
It is INFURIATING! 3 3.95%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-31-2019, 07:33 PM   #141
Toxin45
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
Peter has the right to still publish several issues of TMNT a year, it was a clause in the sale contract. So yes, he can do a volume 5.
He needs to finish volume 4 dude not volume 5 18 issues for volume 4 not volume 5.He only wrote four issues and has little interest in continuing the series at this point and it is still on hiatus plus Peter Laird is getting old and tired and he completes volume 4 which had 32 issue with 14 more issues I think he would conclude the mirage continuity for good.
Toxin45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 07:46 PM   #142
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
Peter Laird doesn't have a say on the franchise anymore dude. So no volume 5
I can't help but feel that you're insisting on telling fans of Mirage (particularly Andrew) to move on from it.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 07:50 PM   #143
Toxin45
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
I can't help but feel that you're insisting on telling fans of Mirage (particularly Andrew) to move on from it.
Well I mean I mean The series had gone on long enough and maybe it's time for it to rest I mean they still read it just i fear Peter Laird might retire at this point and even he did volume 5 it would still conclude the mirage continuity for good. I am telling them try new things that aren't tmnt related like try other franchise and other series.
Old 01-31-2019, 07:59 PM   #144
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
He needs to finish volume 4 dude not volume 5 18 issues for volume 4 not volume 5.He only wrote four issues and has little interest in continuing the series at this point and it is still on hiatus plus Peter Laird is getting old and tired and he completes volume 4 which had 32 issue with 14 more issues I think he would conclude the mirage continuity for good.
All I was saying is legally we could make a volume 5 if he wanted to. I personally don't care if he does or not; that is his own creative decision.

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 08:00 PM   #145
Toxin45
Hench Mutant

Quote:
All I was saying is legally we could make a volume 5 if he wanted to. I personally don't care if he does or not; that is his own creative decision.
Whatever dude
Old 01-31-2019, 08:13 PM   #146
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Whatever dude
Eh, it's all good.

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 01:22 PM   #147
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Peter has the right to still publish several issues of TMNT a year, it was a clause in the sale contract. So yes, he can do a volume 5.
I think Laird should finish Volume 4. Perhaps if IDW move onto doing reprints of Volume 4 they'll ask for Laird's assistance.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 01:52 PM   #148
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I can see a lot of PLANTS in the votes.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 03:08 PM   #149
Toxin45
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I can see a lot of PLANTS in the votes.
Oh quit your whining will ya there are no plants.
Old 08-31-2021, 02:57 PM   #150
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Oh quit your whining will ya there are no plants.
That sounds like something a PLANT would say.
Old 09-03-2021, 12:00 PM   #151
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Glad for the 2012 series? Yes. But not for this terrible horrible very bad thing that is Rise of the teenage mutant ninja turtles. For future as i said the next seires msut be like the 2003 or 2012 dark and with lot of action.
Old 09-03-2021, 04:47 PM   #152
sdp
-

Laird got tired of TMNTbut he still loves the franchise. Hoped for the best and sold, not even for a lot. It does feel like exactly what happened with Lucas and star wars and how we got only the popular stuff made by the new company as soon as they lost the heart that held it together. I miss Lairs, but a sale i guess was inevitable, he seemed irritated in his last few Laird blogs before he sold it.

Quote:
Pros?

#1)A human heart -- one of the actual creators -- at the center of things, with full veto power over any and all sh**ty stuff. Quality control, let's call it, and the absence of being part of a megacorp.

#2) If not any immediate or burning creation of such, at least the possibility of quality, non-cartoon pandering TMNT movies.

#3) A likelihood that Laird would have continued chugging along on Volume 4 (I think even just him knowing there is the kind of TMNT stuff out there that there is gets to him) to its end, and probably kept Tales of the TMNT afloat, too. A possibility of a "OK, now it's your turn" of letting others loose on a Volume 5 later on.

Movies? There was always and would always be movie deals being brought to Peter and Gary Richardson's attention. And we more than likely would have gotten to see that Fusco "Batman Begins-like" script brought to life with full on grit. Instead we got TMNT 2014 and OotS, put on by focus groups and bean counters being bossed around by Michael Bay.

And a lot of people act like the 4Kids show would have been his one and only attempt at a new cartoon. Of course there'd be other deals for new cartoons on the table. Only difference? Laird would be around to smack them around and make them not have it be crap, or be a regurgitation of Fred Wolf that's a regurgitation of Fred Wolf that's a regurgitation of Fred Wolf. He would shut that sh** right down.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 05:23 PM   #153
Bahamut810
Stone Warrior

Zombie Thread!
Bahamut810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 04:28 PM   #154
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist

Location: Canada (This country is too peaceful, Something's up...)
Am I glad that Nick owns the TMNT?...

Well, thanks to that sale, every single one of my fears and nightmares about the franchise came true, which led me to mostly (99.5%) give up on it

So no.

"When my time comes, I wanna be buried face down, so those who don't like me can kiss my ass!"
Anarchistguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 05:17 PM   #155
Mugic
Thug

Alopex was the only good thing to come out of the buyout in my opinion
Old 09-05-2021, 06:09 PM   #156
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarchistguy View Post

Well, thanks to that sale, every single one of my fears and nightmares about the franchise came true, which led me to mostly (99.5%) give up on it

So no.
That's fair.
Old 09-07-2021, 08:18 AM   #157
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarchistguy View Post

So no.
Your fear and nightmares was sometinh like Rise of the teenage mutant ninja tutrtles?
Old 09-07-2021, 08:46 AM   #158
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist

Location: Canada (This country is too peaceful, Something's up...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
Your fear and nightmares was sometinh like Rise of the teenage mutant ninja tutrtles?
Among other things...

"When my time comes, I wanna be buried face down, so those who don't like me can kiss my ass!"
Anarchistguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 11:24 AM   #159
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Dan Berger, just after the sale in 2009 (widely posted about, not a secret): "So the Nick guys came into the offices for a few days and they only seem super interested in the Fred Wolf cartoon."

Fast forward to 2021 and here we are still. Yep.
Old 09-07-2021, 12:37 PM   #160
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Dan Berger, just after the sale in 2009 (widely posted about, not a secret): "So the Nick guys came into the offices for a few days and they only seem super interested in the Fred Wolf cartoon."

Fast forward to 2021 and here we are still. Yep.
Here's a good question. After the end of 2003 and Turtles Forever, other than Volume 4, it didn't look like there woulda been any sort of rush to have new TMNT out, possibly not even the IDW books.

Now several years later, what woulda been the chances we would have seen any new Ninja Turtles.... anything.... had they not sold? Would they have just sit on the brand during all this time, possibly exception Volume 4, maybe not cancel Tales of the TMNT 2?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
plastron goes quiet