The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 03-12-2018, 09:36 PM   #1
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

If the turtles lived among regular animals?

Just a thought I had, what if the turtles were mutated from regular turtles living in the rainforest or some other wild habitat, and lived amongst regular animals rather than humans?

They would learn human language and ninjitsu from a human turned rat Splinter, but their primary place of dwelling would be far away from the human world rather than just beneath it. They would have to use their ninja skills to survive in an envrionment where other animals would be out to get them (albeit not because they're evil, just for survival), and encounters with humans and other advanced alien races would be much more significant and situational rather than a regular occurence. There would be alot less sci-fi elements, or atleast not as high techy as we're used to.

Thoughts?

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 09:39 PM   #2
Powder
So tired of this place

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=59643

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 09:43 PM   #3
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Oh right, I forgot. My bad..

Mods please merge my original post into that thread.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 10:10 PM   #4
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

It'd be an original Elseworlds thing. The mutated Turtles living amongst other Turtles (though they'd have to all be sea turtles, or alligator snapping turtles for it to be interesting) for 15 years. And then April could be like the Jane to Tarzan kind of character (minus the romance), taking them to her adopted father Hamato "Splinter" Yoshi, who teaches them ninjitsu to fight some horror brought onto the lands.

Or something.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 11:06 PM   #5
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

It...could check out.

Volume 4 of Mirage revealed that the Utroms were dumping mutagen waste in a jungle somewhere ("we swear we were going to clean it up!" they said like five year olds getting caught making a mess) and that did cause mutations.

Better them than the Gollum Raptors, anyway.

I think someone on tumblr does that concept in some way, but it's based more off the 2012 show.
Old 03-13-2018, 03:45 PM   #6
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

If they're raised by human-turned-rat Splinter then they'd still have some level of civility, rather than being like a bunch of orphan kids raised in the jungle by [unmutated] wolves, though I think for the most part they'd be much like the one/few largely uncontacted tribes that still exist and avoid contact even more than those people do.

Ghosts of the jungle, for sure. Would make for some interesting legends about the small band of green people rumored to exist.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote