The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Fan Creations > Fan Works Discussion

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-18-2020, 04:01 PM   #1
Jazzfox
Thug

Battling the Block: a cry for help and inspiration!

Welp, this is a two part topic mayhap.

Having read IDW 101 TMNT and now being hooked more than ever before to have more turtles content, I feel like I really want to try and create some of my own

Yet, I feel the struggle is real against creativity with battling writers block and I try to fight the lack of energy often to get myself doodling or trying to string words together, and would like to ask any creators here how they feel about using their creativity, especially in the current climate of gloom and doom when it can try and drain you

I'd like writing to be an escape of sorts, so, I fear that a lot of my own pieces end up being self-indulgent pieces of fluff usually, but I'd like to expand more on them to try and make a broader appeal.

As for that second part of the topic? Well, I'd like to enclose an example of one of these fluff pieces, so, I'll spoiler that. Whilst I'd be happy to hear folks with any help on my writing, I'm also happier to talk just in broad strokes in the hope of rekindling some creative muse with you guys =B

Spoiler:
This piece is a small lil excerpt I began writing imagining what it'd be like to end up just one of the occupants of Mutant Town. Sadly I've yet to read Jennika's mini to see more on the folks of the town, but my bigger problem seems to be that I hit a conclusion already and this fanfic turned into a fanclip or fanfic-let?

I'd like to see what I could do with taking it from here, but, really, the first step is the most important and still debate whether or not there's a start to be had from this:

Quote:
Jasmine sat slumped in her overstuffed armchair and stared at the blank sheet of paper that glared accusingly back at her from where it sat in the typewriter.

The white furred fox had decided that trying to start a new piece of written work was much like a game of chicken, with her staring just as blankly back at the piece of paper. Each daring the other to make the first move and neither willing to blink.

Unfortunately it was a game Jasmine was stuck playing, shackled in place as she let her gaze hover over the rim of her glasses and glanced at the plaster cast on her leg that kept her there.

"...I miss Pizza." Jasmine sighed as she sunk further into the chair in defeat.

"That a new one for the list, hun?"

"On top of many things I miss from being human," Jasmine glanced up at the black furred feline who had just waltzed in with their laundry in her arms, "Any news?"

"News? Let's see..." Jeri dropped the laundry with a light thump onto a crate operating as their table before yanking down the bandanna she had been covering her muzzle with and straightening her whiskers back out, "Are we both still mutants? Yes, yes we are.

"Have they lifted the quarantine keeping us all stuck in here? No, no they have not.

"Are we now faced with a daily struggle not only to survive, but to wrestle with the true meaning of our humanity and who we are as our natures are laid bare with the absence of processed cheese and deep pan dough? I don't even know-"

"Okay, okay," Jasmine tried to hold back her disappointment at Jeri's decided lack of empathy on processed foods, but her new fox physiology failed her as her ears folded, "Point taken, just, you know, it's the little things I miss from being human."

Jeri smiled in sympathy, leaving the laundry momentarily to attend Jasmine, "C'mere."

The pair locked lips, tilting heads as they'd had to learn to accommodate their new differently shaped mouths. And as they did, their hands met too, fingers intertwining and holding on. No matter how many things would change for them, it was a reminder both needed and one Jasmine was most grateful for.

No matter what the world would try to take away from them, they still had each other.

(Please excuse any long time in replies, sometimes offline for long periods!)
Jazzfox is offline   Reply With Quote