The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 05-07-2017, 07:55 AM   #6821
mrmaczaps
Banned

My favorite restaurant redecorated and the no longer have the smaller booths or tables that's better suited for 1-3 people tops and when I went in alone the other day they wanted me to sit at the bar... I don't drink and I hate sitting at the bar so I took it to go but they charged extra for the meal for that too... Only to get home and the food was cold and wrong.... Ordered tips & tenders and they undercooked the steak and set them on top of the crispy fried chicken... Which ended up bloody and soggy from the steak... And the soggy, not fully cooked french fries... Is it really that difficult to fully cook food today (without burning it)???
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 03:51 PM   #6822
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Ugh. I'd go back and complain to the manager. That is unacceptable. As someone who works in the food business I can say I've seen plenty of such incidents and the restaraunt is responsible for mistakes like that and should be held accountable.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 03:52 PM   #6823
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Yeah, I would complain and not go there again if it was me.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 03:59 PM   #6824
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Imo, if they're on Facebook, complain there. Some places seem a lot more eager to make amends if it is brought to their attention publicly like that, rather than just one complaint a manager can brush aside.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 04:04 PM   #6825
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

And speaking of restaraunt rants..... We had a series of crappy problems at work. Truck didn't show up, leaving us out of several items- like tea bags to make the tea - and our drive through credit card reader would only read the ones with a chip in them. So we had to tell people we were only taking cash to avoid having to cancel a bunch of orders just because the card reader wouldn't take someone's card.

Old 05-07-2017, 06:15 PM   #6826
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Now that would be frustrating to say the least.

Gear grinder: That Dad's catheter tube was kinked and he ended up not having anything in his bag. He knew about it the whole time and never said anything but luckily we caught it before there was a big disaster.

Old 05-07-2017, 07:47 PM   #6827
mrmaczaps
Banned

I actually did call and they mailed me a gift card... And then did it again. I did eat there the other day with some friends from church and that was okay. Just seems to be the takeout they have trouble with... Like out of sight, out of mind and so what if it's messed up....
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 09:07 PM   #6828
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Little site I've been slowly tinkering with (via host Weebly) used to (technically still does) have an option to put a border around images. I'd used it a little bit on certain things... And now mysteriously the gray borders have vanished. Oh, black border still works fine, but gray? Nope. The image adjusts as if its there, but it's as if it's now white and doesn't show up. Only two color options and I can't change it myself. What the hell... >.> Best I could do was add borders to the images myself and re-save them, but not quite the same.

Also, out of nowhere people are suddenly posting on an old FB group for a semi-former WoW private server. The place changed hands and names some years ago so it still exists, but its population dried up after a while. And now here's these people and one of them busily trying to make a new one of the same old name... *sigh* ...when they could have just rejoined the renamed one that's still around and has needed people back.

In short, it's previous incarnation changed hands and names after it came up against infringement issues, as to be expected since the first guy had been doing that "donations" route for in-game stuff, which is a no-no. Sooo I gotta be honest, they're kind of foolish to resurrect that old name. (The small, not for profit server it has existed as for some years though hasn't had any such issues.)

Either way, I doubt they'll ever have some of the cool stuff we have where I used to play (and keep wanting to get back to if time would permit). Had a hand in some of it myself (as a GM/Creative Div) and damn proud of some of that. (Hell, we had better transmog than retail, and still might.) Just wish these people would come back over there instead.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 05:37 PM   #6829
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Bubba got in a fight again, while I was with my mom over the week break. This time there was a lot more damage than before. The vet put drainage tubes where the worst infection was, and we have to wait for that to be reduced before we can tell how bad the damage is to his eye (which is already bad because of a dislocated third lid)

He's basically just got a lot of holes in his face
(Not just a big image, but might be a little uneasy)
Spoiler:

He's doing okay after his surgery, but he's indecisive of if he wants to eat or not.

We'll be back at the vet in a few days to get the tubes taken out and check his eye. Good thing I have one class per day and don't need to be at my internship.
Old 05-08-2017, 06:02 PM   #6830
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Bubba got in a fight again, while I was with my mom over the week break. This time there was a lot more damage than before. The vet put drainage tubes where the worst infection was, and we have to wait for that to be reduced before we can tell how bad the damage is to his eye (which is already bad because of a dislocated third lid)

He's basically just got a lot of holes in his face
(Not just a big image, but might be a little uneasy)

He's doing okay after his surgery, but he's indecisive of if he wants to eat or not.

We'll be back at the vet in a few days to get the tubes taken out and check his eye. Good thing I have one class per day and don't need to be at my internship.
That is so sad! My kitty Lily is an indoor/outdoor cat. She hangs on our porch and in a neighboring field. But around five other cats stop over at our place and try to get in her face when she is just chillin' and she's been in fights. I hate it. Again so sad. I'm glad Bubba survived, that's good news.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 06:07 PM   #6831
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I'm pretty sure I know which cat it is too, but I'm not entirely certain. He's probably blind in one eye already, so he's got a disadvantage.
Old 05-08-2017, 06:22 PM   #6832
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Yeah Lily is in the same boat being at a disadvantage because she is small compared to the others. But she is tough and doesn't back down. Which isn't always a good thing because bigger cats are jerks around here. Knowing which one it is might help if you could keep it away from Bubba somehow.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 08:34 PM   #6833
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Bubba's actually bigger than the cat that I think is beating him up. He's about 17 lbs! He's a tank. Just with a bad eye.
Old 05-09-2017, 07:00 AM   #6834
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

My gear grinder yesterday was that Dad was acting like a spoiled brat because he wanted to go outside and we weren't moving fast enough for him. Utter nonsense and I'm getting really tired of things like this with him. We did take him out so he better not complain today.

Old 05-09-2017, 07:22 AM   #6835
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Utrommaniac, I feel soo sorry for your kitty.
I hate seeing animals suffer, especially cats.
Hope he gets better soon!
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 07:57 AM   #6836
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Now that it's been over with, for now, I think he might have more than enough damaged pride. Until we figure out how bad the eye injury is. And he can figure out how to get his cone over a bowl - he managed to eat off a lid last night. I swear his first cone was smaller than the one he's currently in. My dad thinks he'll take it off, but I'm not sure with the punctures and drain tubes.
Old 05-10-2017, 06:43 AM   #6837
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Hope he gets better soon.

Old 05-10-2017, 12:34 PM   #6838
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Awww poor kitty! I feel bad for you. I used to have a cat who would get in fights any time he was outside and other cats (or dogs!) came around. One time he got into a fight with a bigger (and feral) tom- in a tree- and though he WON, he had a nasty chunk bitten out of his shoulder thay I had to clean, bandage, wrap and medicate daily for a couple of weeks but he ended up healing just fine. Even the missing skin and fur all came back almost wher one couldnt tell he had ever been injured. It had been gouged down to the muscle.

Old 05-10-2017, 03:26 PM   #6839
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Going to get bad storms soon. We were going to take Dad outside once we got home from grocery shopping, but the clouds have rolled in and we're going to get rain and storms.

Old 05-10-2017, 06:15 PM   #6840
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

And speaking of cats and getting wet....

When I came home from work I never imagined how I'd spend my afternoon. Take one fully-clawed cat, one cloth coffee-table cover, and a lit candle-warmer, and mix....well? One of our cats, Demona, got a wild hair shortly after I came home and was getting a bit frisky. She jumped up on the coffee table and a claw on her left front paw got caught. Predictably, she freaked at being snagged and tried to free herself, pulling the cover with her. There was a candle-warming light sitting on the table turned on. She bumped it and hot wax went everywhere- including on her caught foot! And then she freaked even worse with both hot wax and a snagged claw. Needless to say, I just spent nearly an hour (unclothed) in the bathtub with a fully armed and very upset cat, in water as hot as I could safely put her in, to get all the wax off her paw and leg before she tried to lick it off. Now there is a pink wax ring in my tub to clean up (later; I don't have the energy tonight) and a wet kitty who might have gotten a mild burn.