The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 06-16-2017, 05:30 PM   #1
snake
Disgusting

General Discussion

It's pretty crazy how the GD forum has more traffic than the rest of the place. 63 viewing right now.

Are the same 15 or so members that post here really that entertaining to lurkers? Yeah, I get that it's pretty much down-time for TMNT, but was it always like this?
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 05:40 PM   #2
Powder
So tired of this place

There's nothing but drama & whining in this part of the forum. People love that.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 05:53 PM   #3
sdp
Megan Fox = April

For many years I only posted in TMNT sections and never in GD and now it's rare. Then again in the past I only came to the drome when I wanted to talk about TMNT taking long hiatuses and now I visit almost daily.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 06:54 PM   #4
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
There's nothing but drama & whining in this part of the forum. People love that.
Sad but true.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 09:12 PM   #5
CyberCubed
Overlord

Isn't it really only 3 forums, and even then there's not that many new threads or posts? Everything Else, TV/Movies, and Current Events. The other sections even the videogame one aren't really that active, only a handful of posts a day or so.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 09:19 PM   #6
sdp
Megan Fox = April

The Drome was a better place when Current Events was a dead forum and the only threads in it were RIP threads. I remember warning people to leave it as the RIP forum as it had for over ten years but no, you guys had to post your current events.
Old 06-16-2017, 10:05 PM   #7
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
The Drome was a better place when Current Events was a dead forum and the only threads in it were RIP threads. I remember warning people to leave it as the RIP forum as it had for over ten years but no, you guys had to post your current events.
To be fair the only reason that place got active was during the 2016 election era due to Trump and that continued after he got elected president. Either that or all the random terrorist incidents happening all around the world, since it seems like we get one every month now.
Old 06-17-2017, 12:46 AM   #8
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

I think that most of the guests that come and view the General Forums are just members who're being too lazy to sign in and just view the forums like that. I know I do that all the time.
Also Snake's new sig has me confusing his and Plastron's posts now :/

Last edited by DestronMirage22; 06-17-2017 at 12:52 AM.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 01:56 AM   #9
Prowler
Emperor

I initially joined this place to talk about the Turtles mostly, but talking about them only would be boring and there's a reason why most forums dedicated to a certain subject have off-topic sub-forums.

I do mostly post in the General Discussion nowadays, yes, but that's because I haven't been much up with the Turtles in the last few years, only having watched a few episodes of the Nick series and never reading an IDW comic.

Drama goes down here often, yes, but that's mostly in the Current Events section whenever it gets too political. The Video Game and Music sections are generally peaceful. Everything Else is also not so bad despite some threads getting locked/Disintegrated there sometimes.

The thing about Current Events is, if people wouldn't talk about natural disasters, political affairs or terrorist attacks there then what else would they talk about besides people who had just died? And even thought we all know by now that arguing about politics and religion in this place is a guarantee for a lock and disintegration, we still can't help ourselves, now can we?
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 02:00 AM   #10
CyberCubed
Overlord

The reason the TMNT sections aren't as active as they used to be is because the Nick cartoon is on constant hiatus with month breaks between new episodes, and the IDW comics only come out twice a month so after the review threads there's not much to talk about besides people talking about older comics once in a blue moon.

As for other stuff, the original cartoon and 2k3 series has been discussed here to death, besides the people who are watching them for the first time and never saw them before. Same for all the movies.

So besides new people coming here who are discovering TMNT for the first time, there's not much else to say as all the old material before the Nick era has been discussed to death.
Old 06-17-2017, 02:13 AM   #11
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The reason the TMNT sections aren't as active as they used to be is because the Nick cartoon is on constant hiatus with month breaks between new episodes, and the IDW comics only come out twice a month so after the review threads there's not much to talk about besides people talking about older comics once in a blue moon.

As for other stuff, the original cartoon and 2k3 series has been discussed here to death, besides the people who are watching them for the first time and never saw them before. Same for all the movies.

So besides new people coming here who are discovering TMNT for the first time, there's not much else to say as all the old material before the Nick era has been discussed to death.
That makes sense as well. I joined this forum pre-Viacom buyout of the TMNT property, so the TMNT sections were kind of dead at the time. When the Nick toon was in its first season and the first Bay film was a few months away from coming out in cinemas, TMNT sections were pretty active. We also got lots of new users due to Nick, IDW and Bay films.

The next time a new TMNT cartoon series or movie comes out this forum will see a wave of new users again.
Old 06-17-2017, 02:21 AM   #12
CyberCubed
Overlord

The forums as a whole were most active from about 2003-2009 or so, basically the heyday of the 2k3 series, Mirage came back with new comics and people were catching up on old ones, and people were re-discovering the original cartoon through the DVD releases, as well as the toys.

Plus in the early 2000's it's when all the kids from the 80's/90's were either teens or young adults, so it was the very first time a lot of people were discussing TMNT online, besides the very oldest ones who were on webrings back in 1997-1999 or so.
Old 06-17-2017, 02:25 AM   #13
snake
Disgusting

I'd love to see another level of activity on the scale of the great sh*tstorm of 2014.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 02:31 AM   #14
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
I'd love to see another level of activity on the scale of the great sh*tstorm of 2014.
LOL I thought you were plastron for a second

Oh man the Bay films further divided the fandom, as if it wasn't divided enough already.

I found the Summer of 2016 pretty hostile here. Lots of arguments around that time.
Old 06-17-2017, 08:45 AM   #15
Katie
Just...way too serious.

The movie sh!tstorm is why I stopped going int the TMNT sections. Its no fun when you are attacked. I also tend to not participate in any of the general movie discussions because people have gotten a little crazy about the DC vs Marvel and other movie stuff. Its movies. Jesus I didn't know it could be so sensitive to some people.
Old 06-17-2017, 08:49 AM   #16
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I think things have calmed down enough that it's safe to come back.
Old 06-17-2017, 08:58 AM   #17
Katie
Just...way too serious.

Unfortunately the damage is done. I still like talking to people here, but not about any fandoms and especially not about movie stuff. I learned that people are a bit too sensitive where their thing of choice (or things) are involved. I'll happily still discuss general stuff, but I'm out where any of the fan stuff is involved.
Old 06-17-2017, 09:02 AM   #18
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I don't know how I avoided the 2014 drama, I didn't post a lot in the section but the few times I did I didn't see anything bad. Most of the comments that were bad were people complaining how bad the forum had gotten and not actual bad comments. Though I do remember being invited to a "2014 is cool group" where they talked bad about a few users like Powder.

The most drama I remember here was the panties signatures. And even if the forum ha seen more active times, in general the drome has never been a super active forum besides a few spikes here and there. The fact that forums are a dying breed doesn't help but it's not affecting it as much IMO. All forums change over time and become different things as regular users grow and leave them and newer users change it.
Old 06-17-2017, 09:07 AM   #19
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I don't know how I avoided the 2014 drama, I didn't post a lot in the section but the few times I did I didn't see anything bad. Most of the comments that were bad were people complaining how bad the forum had gotten and not actual bad comments. Though I do remember being invited to a "2014 is cool group" where they talked bad about a few users like Powder.

The most drama I remember here was the panties signatures. And even if the forum ha seen more active times, in general the drome has never been a super active forum besides a few spikes here and there. The fact that forums are a dying breed doesn't help but it's not affecting it as much IMO. All forums change over time and become different things as regular users grow and leave them and newer users change it.
Some of the users who joined the forums in 2014 just to discuss the Bay film had awful English. I twas painful to read many posts in that section at the time.
Old 06-17-2017, 09:16 AM   #20
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Dammit, Snake!

You are confusing me!