The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 06-07-2011, 08:09 PM   #1
Master Splinter
幸 - 愛 - 思う

Paramount Taps 'M:I4' Scribes Appelbaum & Nemec For 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles'

http://www.deadline.com/2011/06/para...ninja-turtles/

Quote:
After the writing team of Josh Appelbaum and Andre Nemec revived one Paramount franchise with their script for Mission: Impossible --Ghost Protocol, the studio has tapped them to rewrite another franchise Paramount is hoping to resuscitate. They will next go to work on Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. The scribes just did a rewrite of Now You See Me, which Louis Leterrier will direct for Summit Entertainment. The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles reboot is being produced by Platinum Dunes partners Michael Bay, Brad Fuller and Andrew Form. The scribes are repped by WME
-ms
Old 06-07-2011, 08:12 PM   #2
Kunoichi_Haruko
A shell of a good hit!

Just saw this on my twitter feed. Should be interesting....
Old 06-07-2011, 08:14 PM   #3
Master Splinter
幸 - 愛 - 思う

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunoichi_Haruko View Post
Just saw this on my twitter feed. Should be interesting....
That's where I saw it.

-ms
Old 06-07-2011, 08:15 PM   #4
Venom
Space Knight

Wonder what the Iron Man dudes' script was like for Paramount to move along to these guys?
Old 06-07-2011, 08:15 PM   #5
Leonardo87
Stone Warrior

Oh joy...
Leonardo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 08:16 PM   #6
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Not sure which thread to post in.... .
I wonder how long before we have a finished script.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 08:25 PM   #7
Leonardo Mystic
Stone Warrior

Isn't this like the third or fourth writer they've gone through since the movie's announcement? I wonder what it is they want they can't seem to get.

Leonardo Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 08:30 PM   #8
IamtheKnight
Stone Warrior

At this point I'm not even sure if there's going to be a movie.
IamtheKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 08:33 PM   #9
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamtheKnight View Post
At this point I'm not even sure if there's going to be a movie.
There will be...it may be 2014 or 2015...but it'll come.

Old 06-07-2011, 08:12 PM   #10
Ioz
Foot Soldier

The writers of the new film are...

from deadline.com:

Quote:
After the writing team of Josh Appelbaum and Andre Nemec revived one Paramount franchise with their script for Mission: Impossible --Ghost Protocol, the studio has tapped them to rewrite another franchise Paramount is hoping to resuscitate. They will next go to work on Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. The scribes just did a rewrite of Now You See Me, which Louis Leterrier will direct for Summit Entertainment. The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles reboot is being produced by Platinum Dunes partners Michael Bay, Brad Fuller and Andrew Form. The scribes are repped by WME.
Ioz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 08:01 PM   #11
sdp
Megan Fox = April

To be fair I doubt PG-13 would have made TMNT 2007 a much better movie, the problem with the film isn't that its too kiddy. And the McDonalds deal probably did help more people watch the movie in reality, too bad the toys were absolute trash.

I don't think the movie is in development hell, more likely it was moved from 2012 because of the competition, we will get a TMNT film sooner rather than later even if the whole production is a mess. I'll take sig bets, new movie comes out by 2014 or you can have my sig for a year! It only takes 2 years for the bet to pay off!

BTW the transformers toys were for the animated show not the actual movie IIRC.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 08:19 PM   #12
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

I dunna. McDonald's Transformers toys were released when there was no movie, but looked just like the movie designs...kinda a wiggle around the no-PG-13 rule. It wasn't tied to the movie, but they were the movie characters.

Old 06-16-2011, 08:28 PM   #13
Spitfire
Writer • Director

It's a dumb idea that will go away very soon. Every super hero movie that comes out is PG-13 now, that or R. Kids love it, there's always a toyline, hell there's TV series spawned from it. I'm to understand Green Lantern is getting a new show to compliment his movie. This is why I don't get why turtles can't get a PG-13 deal.

It's a series based in violence. Putting it in the PG realm is retarded. Even if there's no blood or hardcore violence the amount of fighting alone is enough to push turtles to PG-13. By today's standards I'm sure all 3 original films would be considered PG-13. 3 especially for "disturbing images and Corey Feldman's awful voice acting". Joking aside 2 had more fighting in it then you see in a typical kids film. Plus isn't there a rule now in the rating system about kicks to the head? They do that in the first 5 minutes.
Old 06-17-2011, 12:20 AM   #14
Donnie
Something from the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
This is why I don't get why turtles can't get a PG-13 deal.
Totally agree with this, but not this:

Quote:
Joking aside 2 had more fighting in it then you see in a typical kids film. Plus isn't there a rule now in the rating system about kicks to the head? They do that in the first 5 minutes.
I mean, I guess I see what you're saying, but I would have rated TMNT 2 G-. Worse than G. Yep, I made that up. But I'm biased because on the whole I just can't stand the terrible fall from grace that movie so blatantly displayed (from the first flick).
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 12:11 PM   #15
1984TMNT
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnyTMNT View Post
Totally agree with this, but not this:

I mean, I guess I see what you're saying, but I would have rated TMNT 2 G-. Worse than G. Yep, I made that up. But I'm biased because on the whole I just can't stand the terrible fall from grace that movie so blatantly displayed (from the first flick).
If you watch the first 2 movies back to back, it really is amazing how the franchise turned 180 degress. I could go on and on about the things that changed. To sum it up, I'd say the first movie was heavily influenced by Mirage, while the 2nd looked like a live action version of the original toon in tone, campyness, etc. This seems to be a common theme in older comic inspired movies (case in point: see Batman '89 > Batman Returns and the rest of those sequels). Though not comic related, I can say the same plague affected the Pirates of the Caribbean series with the first one being epic, and the following 2 which became over the top ridiculous and utterly craptastic.

1984TMNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 03:27 PM   #16
Spitfire
Writer • Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnyTMNT View Post
If we're gonna go by maturity of the material then Transformers 2 would be rated G as well. Rather you like the film or not, it actually has more fights scenes in it then any of the other live action TMNT films. The amount of violence, cartoonish or not, usually dictates rating as well. And aside from the first fight most of the fighting in 2 was normal. If it was made today they'd probably just make them cut out some of the fighting. I'm also not sure they'd let them crush someone with a dock.