The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 11-19-2014, 09:46 AM   #201
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

I do think Sonic will get better again but Sega and Sonic Team (due to Lost World's reception) need to take better care of their biggest property. One thing I was hoping they would get and learn out of their deal with Nintendo is how to take their time with the quality of a game. But instead all they got was a game with a lot of questionable design choices, another Olympic game which was already an exclusive to Nintendo that looks like another cash grab, and a game being developed by a team, who worked at a critically acclaimed studio, with so much potential which instead ended up being another unpolished game that couldn't find a balance of what was promised.

It's now become a bigger priority that Sega NEEDS to check their games before they are released. I would hate to see Sega go bankrupt despite Sonic being a best-seller.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 07:52 PM   #202
Allio
Foot Elite

talking about the older sonic cartoons, I am actually sadden that Archie won't be able to do their Sonic Universe series to complete Sonic Underground

Spoiler:
*UCK Ken Penders
Old 11-20-2014, 08:40 PM   #203
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
talking about the older sonic cartoons, I am actually sadden that Archie won't be able to do their Sonic Universe series to complete Sonic Underground

Spoiler:
*UCK Ken Penders
I think the cancelled pitch for SU#50 may have simply been a creative change of direction rather than another consequence of Pender-gate. But it's been a while since I read up on that sad saga of poor contract history and petty egos.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 01:58 PM   #204
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Quote:

Spoiler:
*UCK Ken Penders
It would have been nice to have an ending for Underground. I first watched it in 2006 and thought it was an okay cartoon. It had a more realistic depiction of Robotnik's dictatorship than Satam and it was interesting to see the different parts of Mobius (a refreshing change from seeing Robotropolis most of the time in Satam). Slint and Dingo were the most memorable characters. The Flying Fortress arc was good. Sonic, Sonia and Manic had good chemistry between them.

Last edited by Wesley; 11-21-2014 at 04:39 PM.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 03:44 AM   #205
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
What are you even talking about, kid? Nostalgia goggles exist and no one is denying that. However, claiming the only reason people think newer Sonic games are bad is because of nostalgia for the original games is deluded and uniformed to an insane degree.
I didn't mean that there is totally no reason to hate new games, kid.
Just that this hate sometimes is over the top and comes from illogical reasons, rather from the actual quality of the games.

Comments of the people here is a testament to that.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 04:44 AM   #206
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Better than Sonic X, guys?
Old 11-22-2014, 05:26 AM   #207
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
Not really.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 10:17 AM   #208
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Not really.
I watched two more episodes of Sonic Boom and I think Sonic X is still better after all (at least the later episodes of X are). X had some good story arcs in seasons two and three (season one was boring most of the time, though). There were a few great fight scenes like when Sonic turned into Dark Super Sonic and Shadow beat up Tails. X is underrated and the best Sonic show, in my opinion, even though it had a lot of problems. Chris was annoying, but scenes with him were reduced later on and he was more mature in season three).

Last edited by Wesley; 11-22-2014 at 10:22 AM.
Old 11-22-2014, 10:25 AM   #209
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

It seems several of the developers that worked on the game, Left the Company in July before the launch of the game. So it seems like they new the game was bad and didn't want to deal with the repercussions.
http://www.tssznews.com/2014/11/15/r...c-boom-launch/
Old 11-22-2014, 10:27 AM   #210
DarkLightDragon
Mad Scientist

There was absolutely no point to Dark Super Sonic though.

He got mad, went crazy on two robots, and then calmed down because Eggman shows up and told him to. All of that just took like what, 20 seconds?

It was really more of a big-lipped alligator moment that's never brought up or acknowledged again rather than a "dark" or interesting scene that gets foreshadowed later on.
DarkLightDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 10:40 AM   #211
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLightDragon View Post
There was absolutely no point to Dark Super Sonic though.

He got mad, went crazy on two robots, and then calmed down because Eggman shows up and told him to. All of that just took like what, 20 seconds?

It was really more of a big-lipped alligator moment that's never brought up or acknowledged again rather than a "dark" or interesting scene that gets foreshadowed later on.
I agree. The writers could have used him again, but thinking about that moment now, it didn't fit well into the show. I still thought it was a good scene when I first saw it, though. I still like Eggman's speech.
Old 11-22-2014, 12:30 PM   #212
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Not really.
At least it doesn't have Chris Thorndyke or the rest of those annoying human characters.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 01:59 PM   #213
Allio
Foot Elite

Quote:
dubbed sonic x, sure
Old 11-22-2014, 02:19 PM   #214
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Quote:
dubbed sonic x, sure
I agree. I never watched the Japanese version, but a lot of the voice acting in the dub was bad (though some of the acting got better later on) and there was too much censorship. At least Boom's voice acting is better than the other Sonic shows.
Old 11-22-2014, 04:37 PM   #215
Leo656
The Franchise

I always did want to see X just for the heck of it as a Sonic fan but I heard it was really bad. I think I saw one episode, I feel like I did but it was forever ago. Last I was looking into it the DVDs were ridiculously overpriced so I kind of stopped caring about it. If it ever got re-released for a reasonable amount I'd pick it up for completion sake.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 08:12 PM   #216
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Boom is more entertaining than X to me. X felt like a watered down anime version of the Adventure series with bad characterizations, imo.
Old 12-12-2014, 02:18 AM   #217
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Forgot this was here, but yesterday I started watching Sonic Boom. I was curious about it and posted this elsewhere, but will repost it here...

Watched eight eps of it last night. Was curious about it. For what it is, it's okay, I guess and the humor is okay, as they seem to use ironic humor, which I've always enjoyed in a general sense. I do like Sonic and Tails and this version of Amy, who is very toned down. Styx (sounds like Cree Summers is voicing her). The character is interesting as she's nuts and paranoid.

Now, the characters I'm having an issue with are Eggman and Knuckles. Eggman just feels like he has no real purpose in this series, I guess. Like other times, he had a reason for what he was doing. In this show, it feels more like, "Well, I don't have much else to do, so I'll build an evil robot to go after Sonic and his friends." His goofiness isn't so bad, though. He reminds me of that guy that Perry the Platypus has to go up against on Phineas & Ferb. So yeah, that's the only prob I have regarding Eggman, but still enjoyable.

Now, the only legit issue I have is Knuckles. I already hated his character design for this series, but I was willing to overlook that. Knuckles being as dumb as a post bugs me. I never had an issue with him being portrayed as naive or easily trusting given how he grew up in solitude and lacked much interaction with other people, but here he's literally stupid. That one ep I saw, Styx received a letter. Knuckles took the letter, even pulled out a pair of glasses, about to read the letter, and then said, "Oh wait, I can't read." So yeah...not liking that at all.

As a whole, the show does feel like this generations Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, with the goofy humor and that's okay, I suppose. I'll probably continue watching it. I wonder if they'll add anymore characters from the franchise. It'd be interesting to see how a character like Cream would be for this series.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 02:49 PM   #218
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

After watching 8 episodes, what are you guys' opinions of the show now?
Old 12-22-2014, 03:26 PM   #219
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
*points to the post before yours*
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 08:28 PM   #220
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Well, I think it's slightly better than Sonic X. But it's far from what I'd call the best Sonic cartoon by far.

This is how I rank the cartoons:

1. Sonic the Hedgehog (SatAM)/Sonic OVA
2. Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog
3. Sonic Boom
4. Sonic X
5. Sonic Underground

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
peanut