The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 04-12-2023, 12:25 PM   #1
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Harry Potter TV reboot set at Max (formerly HBO Max) streaming service.

Get those time-turners ready. We are going all the way back to beginning of the Harry Potter series, but this time for a TV series with an all-new cast. The show will be based on all of J.K. Rowling’s, who will be an executive producer of the series, seven books. Apparently, this show is going to be even more faithful to the books than the films were. What are your thoughts?

https://deadline.com/2023/04/harry-p...ng-1235322187/
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2023, 12:52 PM   #2
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Brace yourself. The Transcommunity will tear this apart, especially if it gets high ratings and a second season.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2023, 12:58 PM   #3
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I'm still a little skeptical this isn't an ongoing attempt to strong-arm the principals into a Harry Potter 9. Though some of those early HP movies were booooorrring... they're going to milk a whole season out of some of them?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2023, 02:07 PM   #4
Sumac
Banned

I wonder how many trans will spontaneously combust after hearing about it?

Most likely, according to transcom and the like, a trillion, no less, even though there are not even enough people on the planet Earth.

But I think, what we are seeing is a possibly light of the end of the tunnel: after success of Hogwarts Legacy and seeing trans mutants inept attempts to trample sails of the game, which had shown their true face of degenerate insane bullies, I guess, WB execs figured out that this crowd is not worth pandering to.

I am sure they will make token proclamations about "twanz rights are human rights and lefts", but we all know the price of those statements, especially in a global recession.
Glory to Capitalism, I guess? LOL.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2023, 02:25 PM   #5
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Harry Potter fans:

Trans Community:

Me:

Old 04-13-2023, 10:31 AM   #6
Dpooly84
Banned

Get ready for black Ron Wiesly
Dpooly84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2023, 10:33 AM   #7
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpooly84 View Post
Get ready for black Ron Wiesly
That's the obvious worry. Not THAT, specifically, but maybe as a consolation prize they may go out of their way to diversify the cast so as to try and appease the crazy people still upset at Rowling for saying the sky is blue.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2023, 03:02 AM   #8
Dpooly84
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
That's the obvious worry. Not THAT, specifically, but maybe as a consolation prize they may go out of their way to diversify the cast so as to try and appease the crazy people still upset at Rowling for saying the sky is blue.
Hollywood hates gingers, I've been saying this for 10 years Ron Weasley will be re cast black. Now they are recasting the whole thing I can guarantee the Weasley's will be black
Dpooly84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2023, 08:58 AM   #9
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpooly84 View Post
Hollywood hates gingers
Why though? That’s what I want to know. It really is strange.
Old 04-14-2023, 02:17 PM   #10
TurtleManiac
Stone Warrior

I’ve never been a Harry Potter fan, haven’t read any of the books or seen the movies, but I do admire JK Rowling for having the courage to speak up against the degeneracy that’s plaguing the world, and not just blindly following along the forced narratives of the woke media mob. She truly is stunning and brave.

Maybe I will check out the movies when I get a chance.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24478755@N08/
TurtleManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2023, 02:26 PM   #11
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleManiac View Post
I’ve never been a Harry Potter fan, haven’t read any of the books or seen the movies, but I do admire JK Rowling for having the courage to speak up against the degeneracy that’s plaguing the world, and not just blindly following along the forced narratives of the woke media mob. She truly is stunning and brave.
Nah. She’s just as woke as they are, only she’s not a complete NPC and has some common sense left in her. And many of them do know the truth but are too scared to say it. If you are part of the woke cult and say something against the narrative, you get this reaction:

She’s only “stunning and brave” because she has so much money and can get away with it. The common man, however, has everything to lose for standing up against the mob.
Old 04-14-2023, 04:05 PM   #12
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleManiac View Post
She is hardcore Feminist in the worst sense of the word and supported pretty much all of the Left garbage. She went astray only on trans issues, which labeled her as Nazi in the eyes of SJW. Which shows their "ability" to understand nuances.

While I applaud her standing against transcult, she is and people like her brought this **** upon heads of normal people in the first place.

As for Harry Potter, I've watched only movies and can't say I liked them. But I have strong aversion to fantasy genre in general, so my opinion doesn't count.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2024, 12:22 PM   #13
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

After many months, supposedly due to the two strikes that happened in Hollywood in 2023, an update on the TV series has been given.

Quote:
Deadline understands that things in Potterworld are now heating up with a marathon of pitches underway from writers vying for the right to adapt J.K. Rowling’s seven books.

Martha Hillier, Kathleen Jordan, Tom Moran and Michael Lesslie are among those who are presenting their visions to the streaming service and Warner Bros Television, sources said. It’s an interesting mix of Brits and Americans. We’ve heard that the group of writers were commissioned by Max to create pitches for a series reflecting their take on the IP.

We hear the first round of pitch meetings happened in Los Angeles this week and sources said that the top choices will go on to the next round in the UK. It is unclear how involved Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling, who lives in Edinburgh, Scotland, has been with the process, but she is expected to be involved in the decision-making on the series, which she executive produces.

Deadline understands that there may also be an opportunity for more than one of these writers to be involved, and that Max is open to the possibility of developing more than one idea based on Harry Potter.

Sources did stress that the process is in its nascent stages. Reps for Max and WBTV declined comment.
https://deadline.com/2024/01/harry-p...ax-1235798159/
Old 02-01-2024, 07:21 PM   #14
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Francesca Gardiner is in the running to be the head writer of the TV series.

https://deadline.com/2024/02/harry-p...er-1235811523/