The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 09-12-2021, 11:29 AM   #17841
Leo656
The Franchise

Worked two great shows for two different companies yesterday. A little banged up but nothing major. Had my first intergender match which was an interesting experience. The other match was a Cruiserweight scramble that went all over the place. Lotta fun. We had Rich Swann, Brian Myers, The Sandman and The Powers of Pain. Awesome guys, great day.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 11:58 AM   #17842
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

In order to work two different shows in the same day, how far away are the shows from one another? To get the more money it would not seem wise to have two different promotions in a non-mega city on the same day.
Old 09-12-2021, 12:21 PM   #17843
Leo656
The Franchise

NJ is very small and very densely-populated, so multiple companies all running on the same day is very common. It does create a pretty cutthroat environment between promotions and it can be a bit unfortunate in how it forces fans to pick and choose which events they attend - one wrestler's girlfriend was actually at another show with a bunch of their mutual friends as it was closer to her house - but more than anything people take it as a net positive since it creates so many options for people and gives guys places to work.

In this case, I worked a show in Deptford that went from 12pm to 3:30pm, then to the second show in Tom's River area which was about an hour and fifteen minutes away and ran from 6 to 10:30. Not too bad. I don't know if any fans made it to both but everybody had a good turnout regardless.

Old 09-13-2021, 02:51 AM   #17844
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Samoa Joe has vacated the NXT title due to injury
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 05:14 AM   #17845
Leo656
The Franchise

BREAKING NEWS: FURTHER DETAILS ON SAMOA JOE'S INJURY

Quote:
Freelance correspondent and concerned citizen "S. Steiner" has released the (so-far unverified) information that Samoa Joe was injured upon diving headfirst into a swimming pool full of Double-Stuff Twinkies on Memorial Day, too soon after eating what the correspondent claimed was, quote, "the biggest damn cheeseburger you ever seen in your life." The source claims that Joe was injured when he, quote, "busted his fat ass", and that medical attention was delayed because the ambulance "couldn't get past the 27 ice cream trucks Joe has parked in his front yard" in time to address the situation promptly, thus leading to Joe's condition taking a turn for the worse.

Making the situation even more serious, the source claims that doctors at the hospital will not be able to properly operate on Joe, until "they drain all the maple syrup out of his veins and put the blood back in," which supposedly could take months or even years according to our correspondent.

When prompted for any further details on the situation, our source simply said he had, quote, "No Sympy" for Samoa Joe, and went on to provide a long and complicated mathematical equation which conclusively proved, in his words, "Why that fat ass could never beat me, on account I'm not made'a marshmallows," and that "Unless you're a bag of Cheez Doodles, nobody should ever be afraid of Samoa Joe. He don't got the largest arms in the world, and he ain't a genetic freak, either!"

When asked what specifically this information had to do with Samoa Joe's injury, our source responded by delivering Belly-to-Belly Suplexes to everyone within arms' reach, including a 10-year old boy, an 80-year old woman, and a 9-year old Labrador Retriever, and then screaming "He's Fat!!!" at the top of his lungs repeatedly while applying a Camel Clutch submission on the Labrador until police arrived on the scene.

In related news... Police are on the lookout for a man who killed six police officers and critically injured three others by suplexing them on their heads repeatedly before burning a Dunkin' Donuts establishment to the ground. Anyone with any information on the whereabouts of this individual, shown pictured below, should contact law enforcement immediately.

Old 09-13-2021, 11:52 AM   #17846
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Not only is the Lashley and Orton WWE title match happening tonight, but Big E just tweeted out that he has every intention of cashing in Money in the Bank at the show

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 09-14-2021 at 01:41 AM.
Old 09-14-2021, 01:41 AM   #17847
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Big E cashed in MITB and won the WWE title
Old 09-14-2021, 02:40 PM   #17848
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Fightful confirm Pete Dunn has signed with WWE for three more years
Old 09-17-2021, 01:18 PM   #17849
ZariusTwo
Overlord

IMPACT suspend Tommy Dreamer for making excuses for Ric Flair's behaviour on the plane ride from hell during his segments on Dark Side of the Ring

https://wrestletalk.com/news/report-...act-wrestling/
Old 09-17-2021, 08:23 PM   #17850
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

So Roman Reigns vs Brock Lesnar in Saudi Arabia again. The last match there was a controversial disqualification. Would WWE pull that again?
Old 09-17-2021, 08:25 PM   #17851
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
So Roman Reigns vs Brock Lesnar in Saudi Arabia again. The last match there was a controversial disqualification. Would WWE pull that again?
Gotta get that Blood Money.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 08:29 PM   #17852
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Gotta get that Blood Money.
Hopefully no older wrestler will fly out there to embarrass themselves for a paycheck.
Old 09-17-2021, 11:26 PM   #17853
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
IMPACT suspend Tommy Dreamer for making excuses for Ric Flair's behaviour on the plane ride from hell during his segments on Dark Side of the Ring

https://wrestletalk.com/news/report-...act-wrestling/
I love Tommy as he's always been super cool with me and we've been on a ton of shows together, but man, he did himself no favors at all with those soundbites. Especially since he wasn't even on the plane when the incident in question happened. "I never saw Ric make anyone grab his dick, but if he did it's okay because it was Ric Flair, therefore it's funny." Not really.

I've seen a few people bring up the fact that Tommy has daughters, and if his daughter (or wife) were the flight attendant involved he probably wouldn't think it was funny anymore.

Just a rough situation. Hopefully it'll all blow over soon enough and he'll take a pause before dropping such "hot takes" going forward. He's a good guy who said a dumb thing but I'm sure he had no malice. Still... read the room, man. Saying "It's dumb to get mad about Ric Flair sticking his dick in your hand, just like it's dumb to get mad about my double-ponytails" is... an interesting point of view. How he got from one thing to the other in the same breath, I have no idea.

Lots of people also wondering if it'll be harder to get guests for future seasons of Dark Side, now. Dreamer didn't have to say what he did, but some of it's on Vice for airing it in the manner in which they did. They showed SO much of Dreamer's bad take - when again, he wasn't even on the flight the episode is about - it sort of comes off like they put a spotlight on him purposefully, which is odd.

Old 09-18-2021, 12:09 PM   #17854
ZariusTwo
Overlord

WWE have removed their Story Time and 30 for 30 episodes that deal with Ric Flair's airplane antics. Carshield have also suspended all ads that feature Flair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Hopefully it'll all blow over soon enough
I dunno, we live in a society where even the slightest breeze doesn't blow over
Old 09-18-2021, 01:11 PM   #17855
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Gotta love how all his fine and dandy until some new documentary reminds everyone about something everybody already knew about it and NOW people have to suddenly do course-correction.

Looking at you Simpsons Micheal Jackson episode.

On a somewhat related note, Eddie Kingston got bullied off Twitter. Apparently people were talking about how ****** Mike Quackenbush was, Eddie commented that he never had a bad experience with the guy, and everyone rained on him accusing him of whatever Mike has done too. Eddie turned off his Twitter afterwards.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 12:16 PM   #17856
Prowler
Emperor

So recently I saw a thread in a wrestling forum whose title was "Could Alexa Bliss take a Tombstone or is she too short to?"

That's one of the greatest questions I've ever seen asked in a wrestling forum. And OP was pretty genuine about it. Thing is, if I ever saw Alexa Bliss in that position, the last thing I'd think about would be a 69... I mean, a Tombstone!
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 01:07 PM   #17857
ZariusTwo
Overlord

AEW and Martha Hart have come to an agreement and Owen will be licenced out to the promotion for new action figures, video game appearances, and a special tournament has been set up in his name

https://www.allelitewrestling.com/po...tler-owen-hart
Old 09-21-2021, 11:29 AM   #17858
XERO
Hybrid Theorist

I don't care how dumb this might be, I'm watching it. lol

"Travel at the speed of light... then hit the nitro!"
XERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 07:07 AM   #17859
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist

Location: Canada (This country is too peaceful, Something's up...)
Anyone watch AEW Dynamite last night? Danielson vs. Omega was great!

"When my time comes, I wanna be buried face down, so those who don't like me can kiss my ass!"
Anarchistguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 07:35 AM   #17860
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Spoiler for Rampage, which was taped after Dynamite

Spoiler:
Homicide is All Elite

Tags
armbar#, silverdome brother, wrestling