The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 02-10-2021, 05:03 AM   #141
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quick update to how I think the next couple of volumes will be arranged:

It's possible the Jennika arcs could get moved around a little bit and so could issues #109-111, as we now know that there's five 3-part arcs all around the same time: Jen I, #106-108 (Slithery), #109-111 (Hob attempts to infiltrate the dojo/ Raph races bikerhogs etc), Jen II Monsters and Jen II Redemption. (Although it's also possible that the first Jen mini could be between the Annual and #101.
We also know the current arc is from #112 to #117 as per the tpb listings and we can infer from Sophie's comments that the next arc will run from #118 to #123 (Saki's featuring and Sophie's run possibly ending with #123).
It's also possible that there may be a double issue or two coming up in the later arc as that will be around the time of the series 10th anniversary (August).
The names/ colours at the top are my guesses for the cover art.
Old 02-10-2021, 10:24 AM   #142
rayfillet101
Mad Scientist

I really wish they saved Jennika for the cover of volume 14...

"When you scream my name, pleading for the pain to stop, you may call me...Bishop."
rayfillet101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 10:57 AM   #143
spookycookies
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayfillet101 View Post
IDW is hungry for those Twitter dollars.
spookycookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 11:07 AM   #144
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayfillet101 View Post
She would have been the ideal standout character for that volume, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookycookies View Post
IDW is hungry for those Twitter dollars.
Exactly.
Old 03-03-2021, 03:50 AM   #145
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Soon available in paperback!

So this is an unexpected turn up, but it does make for a nice (and slightly cheaper) alternative to the hardback versions: https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/b...co-dan-duncan/

Listed for release on November 23rd.

Last edited by hypered1; 03-03-2021 at 03:55 AM.
hypered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 07:12 AM   #146
OA
Scatter the nuns!!

So is there a yellow and purple version of the Volume 12 hob cover? I was planning on picking one up, didn't know if one was considered a first print, etc. Appreciate!
OA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 07:19 AM   #147
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by OA View Post
So is there a yellow and purple version of the Volume 12 hob cover? I was planning on picking one up, didn't know if one was considered a first print, etc. Appreciate!
As far as I know it's just the purple spine version (the 'bubbles' are still yellow). The yellow spine version was just the original pre-release promotional image and it was likely changed to purple once Jennika was chosen for the next volume so as to not have two spines of the same colour back to back.
The same thing happened with the Krang cover for volume 10 where it started out dark brown (it looked horrible) but was changed to pink which makes more sense for Krang.
Old 03-11-2021, 03:54 PM   #148
OA
Scatter the nuns!!

OK thanks a bunch!
OA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 11:27 AM   #149
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Got my copy of Volume 13 at last; the spine and ribbon colours are basically the same as Volume 5 but slightly darker.
The Raphael macro starts the volume, followed by almost all of the City at War arc as the Shredder in Hell mini series has been placed between issues #99 and #100. Also curiously the last two pages of Issue #100 have been swapped around making the single page image of Yoshi and Tang Shen the last page, presumably so that the 'Fin' at the bottom is the very last word in the book.

Now we play the waiting game to see what form the next hardback volume takes as there haven't been any details released thus far. There is of course the paperback edition of Volume 1 due in November.

Last edited by hypered1; 07-21-2021 at 06:02 PM.
Old 07-21-2021, 01:35 AM   #150
Allio
Foot Elite

Kind of weird we haven’t seen preorders for vol 14. I guess the pandemic pushed things off.
Old 07-21-2021, 03:07 AM   #151
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
Kind of weird we haven’t seen preorders for vol 14. I guess the pandemic pushed things off.
Well I'm running with the assumption that the paperback editions will be taking up one of the two annual release slots going forward so that new volumes don't catch up to current issues too quickly. If I had to guess, I'd say we'll know more by the end of September at the latest.

Last edited by hypered1; 07-21-2021 at 06:03 PM.
Old 07-21-2021, 02:06 PM   #152
CyberCubed
Overlord

Maybe the hardcovers are done with. The next hardcover would cover issue 101 onward, but maybe there's just not much demand for these issues.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 02:17 PM   #153
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Maybe the hardcovers are done with. The next hardcover would cover issue 101 onward, but maybe there's just not much demand for these issues.
Bobby confirmed back in March that they would be continuing but most likely under as slightly different moniker à la the new tpb run or similar to the Transformers Phase 2/3 relaunches.
Old 08-18-2021, 12:06 PM   #154
Felian
Random Punk

Hello, I am a new user.
I have been collecting the IDW collection books and using the first post in this thread as a guide to get the issues not within the collection.
Could I kindly ask you if there is anything that has not been listed and is not present in the collection? I strongly suspect, for example, that the Last Ronin will not be and the "road to 100" issue was neither.
Also, still no news on the "phase 2" of the collection?
Thanks in advance
Felian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 12:39 PM   #155
CyberCubed
Overlord

Since The Last Ronin is its own continuity and not part of the main IDW series, it won't be collected in these big IDW collections. But The Last Ronin will have its own collection as a hardcover/softover, it might be up for pre-order on amazon already or if not will be soon as IDW collects everything.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 03:43 PM   #156
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felian View Post
Hello, I am a new user.
I have been collecting the IDW collection books and using the first post in this thread as a guide to get the issues not within the collection.
Could I kindly ask you if there is anything that has not been listed and is not present in the collection? I strongly suspect, for example, that the Last Ronin will not be and the "road to 100" issue was neither.
Also, still no news on the "phase 2" of the collection?
Thanks in advance
Welcome to the 'Drome!

No news yet on 'phase 2', but I am keeping a close eye on the PenguinRandomHouse website and we may not see anything until late next month if they are going alternate between new volumes and paperbacks of the existing volumes as I speculated above.

TLR will most likely be collected around Spring next year as issue 5 doesn't have a release date yet but will hopefully be with us by the end of the year and there's usually about a 5 month gap before a tpb or collection is subsequently released.

Concerning the uncollected issues the first post is currently up to date concerning the x-over series and au issues (Deviations & 20/20) and at the moment only the post-#100 issues haven't been confirmed but I don't believe anything since then will be skipped over (the current arc will most likely conclude phase 2 volume 2 or whatever form they take).

Road to #100 wasn't collected for two reasons; 1: the deluxe edition is simply a hardcover reprint of #100 and includes the complete 'Oral history' from the City at War issues which wouldn't make sense to reprint in Volume 13 as it is it's own thing and #13 is huge already and 2: the regular edition of RT100 is a recap of the events of issues 1 - 99 told using reprinted artwork from various issues, the overlaid narration being the only new element provided so it's effectively surplus to requirement when it comes to the hardbacks.
Old 08-19-2021, 03:09 AM   #157
Felian
Random Punk

Thanks a lot for the clear and quick replies!
Truly appreciated!
Felian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 05:24 PM   #158
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Decided to have a bit of fun and tried to create some versions of the cover art with thus-far unused characters:

They're not amazing by any means, but I thought it would fun to see some other characters in the same style of image.
Old 09-17-2021, 03:14 PM   #159
DK2
Stone Warrior

I'm confused about IDWs TMNT collection. They seemed to be making tpbs of the hc's collections. I thought there was already a line doing almost the exact same content, Shell Unleashed tpbs. It went what 2-3 trades released? Was it unsuccessful initially and they thought to do it again and wrap it in the hardcovers cover art to make better sales? I mean I know their Ghostbusters books went the same way with hardcover collections and then a trade paperback line too.
DK2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 04:47 PM   #160
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK2 View Post
I'm confused about IDWs TMNT collection. They seemed to be making tpbs of the hc's collections. I thought there was already a line doing almost the exact same content, Shell Unleashed tpbs. It went what 2-3 trades released? Was it unsuccessful initially and they thought to do it again and wrap it in the hardcovers cover art to make better sales? I mean I know their Ghostbusters books went the same way with hardcover collections and then a trade paperback line too.
The difference is that the hardbacks and the upcoming paperbacks also include all of the mini-series, one shots, micro series, etc. but the Shell Unleashed tpb only collects the main series issues.