The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 09-10-2021, 01:39 PM   #21
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I mean they do, they just don't make a big media circus about it every year or act as if it's something that can't be talked about without getting their feathers ruffled.
Yeah that seems to be the difference. There's even a recent documentary about 911 on Netflix. How many documentaries have been made about it by now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
We don't love to talk about it, but it's an integral part of our history. The U.S. has clear social problems, but this is the greatest country on Earth and when a leading country like this one that has produced so much from a cultural melting pot, and has provided so much to the world, yeah it's a big deal with that place is attacked.

Maybe part of what sets this country apart from the cesspools across the rest of the world is that we hold events like that in reverence and try to remain vigilant that they don't happen again. Much like many other events in the country across time.
I don't know what that has to do with anything and why you seem to be acting defensive over my post. At least if I'm interpreting it correctly.

You mention cespools across the rest of the world while quoting a post where I mentioned England and Spain. Are those really countries you'd call cesspools?
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 01:40 PM   #22
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

We should be talking about 9/11 way more than we are. 9/11 is what happens when we let our guard down (also, a reminder of what kind of response to expect if you're a terrorist thinking about doing something similar, re: Afghanistan & Iraq), militarily and intelligence-wise... which is exactly what is happening right now.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 01:48 PM   #23
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Yeah...let's just forget it...kinda like we've forgotten:

And Winters I think part of the reason we (because I forget what day Pearl Harbor day is, too) remember 9/11 more is we were, what high-schoolers (I know I was a senior in 2001, not sure how much of an age gap there is between us), or in college. 9/11 was our Kennedy Assassination or...well...Pearl Harbor.

And Prowler, I think it's a scale thing. 9/11 killed nearly 3000 people, not counting those who died of complications after the fact due to illness. The London 7/7 attack had a death toll of 52. Madrid was worse with nearly 200, but still the sheer magnitude of of those killed by 9/11 may explain why even 20 years out we still talk about it. And it may be that it wasn't just one attack, but 3 coordinated attacks.
That's a very good point. I honestly didn't remember the London attacks had a death toll of "only" 52. I thought it was quite higher than that.

And sure, the impact of two skyscrapers like the WTC falling live on TV is hard to forget. It was a rather unique incident in that aspect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
We should be talking about 9/11 way more than we are. 9/11 is what happens when we let our guard down (also, a reminder of what kind of response to expect if you're a terrorist thinking about doing something similar, re: Afghanistan & Iraq), militarily and intelligence-wise... which is exactly what is happening right now.
If anything it should have opened the eyes of Americans to how bad the American foreign policy in the Middle East has been for a long time. It's a vicious cycle. USA Arms some rebels who later turn out to become enemies of USA. Remember Rambo III having a support message for the Muhjadin in Afghanistan? Then, years later, those guys become the Taliban. And one of those guys fighting amongst them was none other than Osama Bin Laden.

Or USA puts someone like Saddam in power who then eventually also becomes their enemy. So yeah, I don't know how many Americans still believe that their foreign policy is fighting for freedom and liberating oppressed people, but no one in Europe buys that anymore.

It's basically "he's a mean dog, but as long as he's biting everyone else except the hand that feeds him, it's fine."
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 08:04 AM   #24
Banned

in honor of 9/11, biden is importing thousands of terrorists into America
1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 02:36 PM   #25
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1987 View Post
in honor of 9/11, biden is importing thousands of terrorists into America
Biden armed them, why not leave the door open for them too.

Besides, he is on their payroll..... America Last.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote