The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 02-05-2019, 08:06 AM   #1
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Rise of the TMNT Movie Coming To Netflix

Quote:
Nickelodeon and Netflix have set a deal for Nickelodeon Studios to produce two original, animated feature films: The Loud House and Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

The films are based on Nickelodeon properties but do not involve the TV series, Viacom said. The company announced the deal during its first-quarter earnings call with Wall Street analysts.

“This partnership with Netflix is part of Nickelodeon and Viacom’s broader efforts to tap into Nickelodeon’s library of culturally resonant properties and produce new content for third-party digital and linear platforms,” Viacom CEO Bob Bakish said during the call.

This deal follows Nickelodeon’s partnership with Netflix on Pinky Malinky, which premiered on the streaming service in 2018, as well as a new live-action series Avatar: The Last Airbender, which starts production this year.

Viacom’s Paramount Pictures division has become more and more involved with Netflix. Its TV operation produces high-profile series like 13 Reasons Why and The Haunting of Hill House. The film studio last year set an overall deal with Netflix, which took root in the studio’s sale of Cloverfield Paradox to the streaming giant. Upcoming projects under the Netflix arrangement include To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before 2.

Nickelodeon Studios is a new asset under the kids and family brand’s umbrella. Brian Robbins took the helm of Nick late last year after longtime chief Cyma Zarghami exited the company. The fortunes of Nickelodeon will help shape Viacom’s future, executives acknowledged on the earnings call. They predicted growth in the second half of fiscal 2019 under Robbins and his rebooted team.
https://deadline.com/2019/02/nickelo...es-1202549875/
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 08:13 AM   #2
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Okay, this ISN'T connected to the 2018 show? But it has THAT title? Strike one.

I'm confused. But more than that, I'm leery.

And, of course, it's animated. Strike two.
Old 08-13-2022, 06:43 AM   #3
TransPirate
New Recruit

11 cowabungas/10, I will really miss Rise!turtles
TransPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 02:08 PM   #4
clockstomper
Thug

I thought this movie was fantastic, Rise is always better with longer runtimes for stories and doing new twists on old villains.

As much as I loved the show when we focused on our main cast, I was never really satisfied with 10 minute stories about the new baddies. They are kind of one note and there aren't enough of them to not make the stories feel repetitive.

Nickelodeons' erratic scheduling really worked against those stories, it's like "is this a repeat or is it just another uninspired Meat Sweats story?" I can see how the average viewer could get confused.
clockstomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 07:32 PM   #5
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Watching this movie again, I guess it’s my 7th time? It’s that good and such a visual feast for the eyes.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 02:25 AM   #6
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Came across a deleted scene where Donnie is asking Casey about his existence in the future, though he starts going on about what sort of "Nobel Prizes" and Other awards he has in the future. Casey then says "You were the smartest guy I ever knew." Donnie at first starts to crow about this, but then he pauses when he realizes what Casey had just said. So he says "Wait..."were" as in past tense...do I die?"

And both Leo and Casey look at one another uncomfortably.
Old 03-09-2023, 11:46 AM   #7
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post
Came across a deleted scene where Donnie is asking Casey about his existence in the future, though he starts going on about what sort of "Nobel Prizes" and Other awards he has in the future. Casey then says "You were the smartest guy I ever knew." Donnie at first starts to crow about this, but then he pauses when he realizes what Casey had just said. So he says "Wait..."were" as in past tense...do I die?"

And both Leo and Casey look at one another uncomfortably.
Oh wow. Dark for that kind of show.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 08:13 AM   #8
Shark_Blade
Emperor

“Does not involve the tv series”

I guess it’s a separate entity but retaining the Rise looks.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 08:27 AM   #9
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

LOL Of all things they keep from this series they decide to keep the looks, do they not know all the backlash it got? Oh well, I hope Leo is the leader in this film since they aren't connected.
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 08:48 AM   #10
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I was thinking this would have been perfect for the big Shredder reveal.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 09:08 AM   #11
Kenwatanabesclone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leofan26 View Post
LOL Of all things they keep from this series they decide to keep the looks, do they not know all the backlash it got? Oh well, I hope Leo is the leader in this film since they aren't connected.
Many people love the look. And even for those who don’t, I don’t think that’s the biggest criticism. Most complaints I see online are people who haven’t even watched it calling it teen titans go and complaining that splinters fat and stuff.

Anyway, I’m hoping this is canon to the series, and that the “unrelated to the series thing” is just bad wording or something. This would be a great opportunity for some big story development with the show.

Last edited by Kenwatanabesclone; 02-05-2019 at 09:14 AM.
Kenwatanabesclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 09:21 AM   #12
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenwatanabesclone View Post
Anyway, I’m hoping this is canon to the series.
That could be problematic if it is canon seeing as there's no existing TMNT library on Netflix...and some might not care to pay for Nickelodeon in order to watch the show, and fans of the show might not want to pay for Netflix just to plug a gap in the continuity if the series all of a sudden starts referencing the movie

It's best it just serve as a stand-alone primer, a taster of what you can find on Nick, and allow the audience to make their own choice.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 10:36 AM   #13
Vicky82
Emperor

Last year there was rumours of some TMNT specials happening, I guess this one of them.

I was hoping for a 2012 version, I don't mind Rise, I just can't get into it as much as the 2012 show. With it being on Netflix hopefully it will be a tad bit more serious.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 12:38 PM   #14
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

This would be the perfect opportunity to try something a bit more adult friendly just to test the waters.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 01:50 PM   #15
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Well, I wish I could say that I was very excited about this news. I can't though because I find this TV show mostly forgettable.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 08:50 AM   #16
AquaParade
Banned

I was hoping they'd take their deal in a different direction. Perhaps development was too far along.

Netflix, fill that Daredevil-sized gap in your library with something a little greener.

Edit: is this a reliable source? More rumours of a live-action series. This could really be happening.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 07:09 AM   #17
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Netflix released the synopsis for the movie:

RISE OF THE TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES: THE MOVIE
Directors: Ant Ward, Andy Suriano
Nickelodeon pic that picks up the turtles when a mysterious stranger arrives from the future with a dire warning. Leo is forced to rise and lead his brothers, Raph, Donnie, and Mikey in a fight to save the world from a terrifying alien species…the Krang.

https://deadline.com/video/netflix-2021-movie-slate/

This says the mysterious stranger is Casey Jones

https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp...-2021-releases

Last edited by NinjaPug; 01-12-2021 at 07:52 AM.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 08:03 AM   #18
The Turtle Terminator
Mad Scientist

https://twitter.com/tmnt/status/1349...773434880?s=21

Twitter synopsis from @TMNT
Old 01-12-2021, 08:12 AM   #19
Vicky82
Emperor

Sounds interesting, I had a feeling the The Krang will be in it as they were teased in the show.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 08:39 AM   #20
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Sigh...it had to be Krang. I'm more of an Utrom person.

Cool to hear Leo finally as the leader (even if too little, too late as I knew). I figured this was what the movie was going to be about. Raph is gonna cause tension now that his leadership role has been "taken." Probably be as petty as he was in that one episode where Leo dethroned his favorite wrestler.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote