The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 05-28-2010, 02:13 PM   #121
Newton Gimmick
Mad Scientist

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !

Newton Gimmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 02:17 PM   #122
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
I'll hold out complete destruction of my hopes and aspirations for the director announcement though.
With our luck, we'll get Stephen Sommers
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 02:23 PM   #123
Spitfire
Writer • Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
With our luck, we'll get Stephen Sommers
That would without a doubt suck. My worst possible candidate is Zack Synder. The talk of him wanting to get involved hardly makes me think he's going to get picked but for possibility sake. He's made some of the worst films I've ever seen. The only guy who make an entire movie that's more hallow than an empty train station.
Old 05-28-2010, 02:35 PM   #124
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
That would without a doubt suck. My worst possible candidate is Zack Synder. The talk of him wanting to get involved hardly makes me think he's going to get picked but for possibility sake. He's made some of the worst films I've ever seen. The only guy who make an entire movie that's more hallow than an empty train station.

Would you really take him over someone like Sommers though? Did you see G.I. Joe? G.esus Christ!

My take on Snyder is that he's simply alright. I enjoyed the watchmen movie as a tribute to the book. It wasn't nearly as moving, interesting, or beautiful as the book, but it was fun to see those classic scenes recreated on the screen.
I can't say too much about Snyder though, as I've only seen Watchmen and 300 when it comes to his movies.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 02:42 PM   #125
Nelson
Stone Warrior

Please, guys, do not joke about Sommers or Snyder directing. You're getting me nervous.
Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 02:45 PM   #126
Spitfire
Writer • Director

No I saw the trailer for it though and that was enough. I'll admit his list of crap is longer then Snyder's but Snyder has made less films. My issue with every Snyder movie I've seen is I feel like I'm watching nothing. I have zero investment or interest in anything that's happening in the story or to any of the characters. It takes a special kind of person to make "Watchmen" that uninteresting. He doesn't know how to make the audience connection. He also managed to make me bored of action scenes. That takes talent too. I was bored watching a bunch of Conan sized men kill stuff. Sometimes there's movies I'll watch just for the camp and violence but "300" couldn't even get that right.
Old 05-28-2010, 02:53 PM   #127
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I loved both 300 and Watchmen, both are great movies, I think he'd do great.

And for Fusco, we already discussed this months ago but I really enjoyed The Forbidden Kingdom, a nice take on the monkey king.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 03:16 PM   #128
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

I like 300 and Watchmen.
but 300 is just a big battle scene, not really a 'real' movie.
I enjoyed Watchmen, seeing the scenes from the comic on the screen was epic. now I just have to get the ultimate edition with the pirate story.

I think Snyder would do good as a director of a TMNT movie, just give him a great script.
But there's better director out there I'd rather see working on TMNT
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 03:25 PM   #129
Spitfire
Writer • Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I loved both 300 and Watchmen, both are great movies, I think he'd do great.
I respect that you enjoy those films but they are by no means technically good. I want a truly great film, not a movie that entertains with over done action scenes and hallow performances. Some people didn't like "Hurt Locker" but it's still a cinematic masterpiece on more levels then just camera work. I don't expect turtles to get that treatment but I'd at least like it to be done by someone whose competent.
Old 05-28-2010, 03:28 PM   #130
Brodie
Certified Teacher

This is good news.

I'm surprised so many if you people don't understand the difference between Director & Producer. Platinum Dunes has made really decent movies. Spitfire is just trying to come off like a film snob, because he's in film school. He liked Avatar.

Andrew is posting some spot on stuff here.

Also, a good majority of you are reacting like little bitches.
Old 05-28-2010, 03:50 PM   #131
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Well. I just have to say that this could go various ways. On the one hand it's Michael Bay. On the other hand some of his earlier stuff is pretty descent (Love Armageddon and Pearl Harbor). But we'll have to see.

Would be cool if Judith Hoag and Elias Koteas made cameos.
Old 05-28-2010, 04:11 PM   #132
Koi
Mad Scientist

... I can see Bay taking the bandannas and make them into handkerchiefs wrapped around arms/legs. WITH EXPLOSIONS!

Mike better have one of those duck beak hat thingies if that happens.
Koi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 04:44 PM   #133
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!

Ok, lets be honest people. Some may hate Bay, some not. But we are all gonna go see this movie. Me? While I didnt think of Bay for this film,im super stoked that this is gonna happen. I loved Transformers and im sure this movie is gonna rock.
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 04:48 PM   #134
TMNTFan7
Mouser

This is by far the worst movie news I have heard all year. (Well not quite as bad as the news Spider-Man is being rebooted but still pretty bad) When I first learned about this my jaw dropped in massive disgust and anger. Michael Bay is one of the worst people to ever come into hollywood. The new Nightmare on Elm Street remake was one of the worst things I ever seen although I did not watch it. I know I didn't need to watch it to know how bad it was. Friday remake was average it is hard to ruin a Friday the 13th. But I know they killed Freddy. Transformers 1 and 2 were on of the worst summer blockbuster movies I ever seen. Garbage from beginning to end they were barley even a movie. Michael Bay himself said Transformers is "A stupid kids toy movie". So what does that say about how he feels about Ninja Turtles. Bottom line I know he has no respect for the material and he is simply out for the money. Dunes will hire some grade 2 writers with a director that doesn't belong doing a TMNT film much like Bayer had no business making a Nightmare movie. He and his studio have never produced any good movies. Just garbage made to grab money from desperate fans. I will not fall into this plow. I will sit back and watch a movie I was so excited for fall to it's doom. I feel bad for anybody who supports this. I feel you are in denial. Bay you suck get away from hollywood and more importantly get away from one of my favorite franchises of all time.
TMNTFan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 05:00 PM   #135
Powder
So tired of this place

None of us are in denial. Were all (mostly) of sound mind & are just happy to see anything let alone something to have a huge budget & likely a great deal of success. IF you were truly such a fan you would understand that this is what will bring the turtles back to the masses in a major way & they need that now more then ever. This film will sell hundreds of millions of dollars garunteed & the property itself only just sold for 60 million. Catch my drift? This is the chemo, even if the die-hards aren't thrilled with it.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 05:01 PM   #136
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Keep mind, Platinum Dunes is just Michael Bay's production Company, Hes not directing the movie, Someone else is.

Platinum Dunes has been responsible for such remakes as The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Friday The 13th, and Nightmare On Elm Street.
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 05:14 PM   #137
TMNTFan7
Mouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
None of us are in denial. Were all (mostly) of sound mind & are just happy to see anything let alone something to have a huge budget & likely a great deal of success. IF you were truly such a fan you would understand that this is what will bring the turtles back to the masses in a major way & they need that now more then ever. This film will sell hundreds of millions of dollars garunteed & the property itself only just sold for 60 million. Catch my drift? This is the chemo, even if the die-hards aren't thrilled with it.
I would prefer a Turtles movie never be made again than have Michael Bay produce it and have it make millions. Transformers made millions and that stuff it a travesty of motion picture. How somebody is happy that a movie will make millions and keep in mind none of that money is going into your pocket and their just happy it makes money as it becomes one of the biggest travesty's next to Bayformers as for as quality goes is beyond me. I think any TRUE fan would respect quality over quantity
Old 05-28-2010, 05:15 PM   #138
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTFan7 View Post
kneejerk, kneejerk, kneejerk, only TRUE TMNT FANS, kneejerk, kneejerk, kneejerk
Wow. You're nuts.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 05:18 PM   #139
TMNTFan7
Mouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Wow. You're nuts.
Come again?
Old 05-28-2010, 05:19 PM   #140
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTFan7 View Post
The new Nightmare on Elm Street remake was one of the worst things I ever seen although I did not watch it. I know I didn't need to watch it to know how bad it was.
Wow. Are there any other movies you have not seen that you think are garbage?

As fans we gotta support. No matter what. I feel that we are truly lucky to even see this movie getting made. This is good news. No way around it. It could be amazing, which could bring Tmnt ''back''. Or it could be a bust, and we all would still be on here everyday, like we always are, talkin turtles. The true fans. Well some of us are.
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
live action films