The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 06-02-2014, 04:03 PM   #1
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Mortal Kombat X

NetherRealm Studios and Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment has just announced the 10th Mortal Kombat game, Titled. Mortal Kombat X. Check out the Announcement Trailer.

Old 06-02-2014, 04:08 PM   #2
Slade
god status

Saw this earlier. It looked pretty good. I think the song kinda ruined th trailer for me though.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 04:11 PM   #3
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

MKs 4-8 were all 3D fighters, yet this one -- like the last one -- are dragging things back to 1990.

Stupid, and backwards. I'll wait for Tekken 7, or Tekken X Street Fighter.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 04:18 PM   #4
Peanut
Second Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
MKs 4-8 were all 3D fighters, yet this one -- like the last one -- are dragging things back to 1990.

Stupid, and backwards. I'll wait for Tekken 7, or Tekken X Street Fighter.
Because the existence of 3D totally makes 2D fighters irrelevant, right? MK's 4-8 were also super good and well received too!
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 04:25 PM   #5
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

I'm in. Had a lot of fun with 9....Well every MK. So yeah!

The existence of other genres means that older genres must not be used. Doy!

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 04:55 PM   #6
CyberCubed
Overlord

I know this is just a teaser, but isn't Subzero and the rest of the cast technically dead by the start of this game?

Likewise Subzero was turned into a cyborg in the last game, so I don't know why this is showing him as a human again. I can't wait to see what cheesy storytelling method they have to bring back all the main characters from the first game back to life.

I was disgusted when Raiden killed Liu Kang at the end of the first game. It was like a slap in the face.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 06:48 PM   #7
Allio
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Tekken X Street Fighter.
Old 09-14-2014, 01:25 AM   #8
Memphis
Stone Warrior

I've always been a big Mortal Kombat fan, so I can't wait for this one. I just hope the fatalities are better in this game than they were in 9. Everything in 9 was either decapitation, cut in half or skin being removed. (Also, the occasional cut into pieces).

I wonder if they'll follow the story from the last game. Sub-Zero not being a cyborg makes me hope it won't, or will at least retcon. I finally got a non-corpse Liu Kang with 9 and I'd hate it if he's gone again already.

Looking for MOC Dino figures. PM me if you're selling! *Already have Ankyl Leo*
Memphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 03:38 PM   #9
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
I wonder if they'll follow the story from the last game. Sub-Zero not being a cyborg makes me hope it won't, or will at least retcon. I finally got a non-corpse Liu Kang with 9 and I'd hate it if he's gone again already.
They will follow and story will cover not only what happened right after MK9, but also what happened 25 years later. It was confirmed. Neverthless MK9 would not be retconned, most likely, which is good.
Sub-Zero probably is the new character alltogether.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 05:06 PM   #10
Memphis
Stone Warrior

Well Kano looks great for 25 years later so I'm sure Kang will be fine. I'm not ready for the Mr. Miyagi version of Liu Kang.

Old 09-14-2014, 11:23 PM   #11
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Well Kano looks great for 25 years later so I'm sure Kang will be fine. I'm not ready for the Mr. Miyagi version of Liu Kang.
Liu Kang is most likely dead.
Kano has become slightly older because of implants, it seems. Besides, there is no guarantee that this is Kano from 25 years later. Story mode will cover some periods of time 5 years after MK9, 10 years a.MK9, 15 years a.MK9, e.t.c.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 10:13 PM   #12
sdp
Megan Fox = April

For those saying the original characters were better than the 3D games, I agree, however there's plenty of great characters form the 3D games and the original games had their fair share of crap characters. A large part of the roster in the 2D games were clone characters, whether Ninjas/cyborgs/Kunoichis/etc so yeah they were cool but they were all the same ****ing character(design wise). The 3D games games gave each of those characters more fleshed out features and differences and better characters. Ironically many fans complained since they just wanted generic looking and rainbow colored Ninjas. And MK3 brought a lot of crap characters like Nightwolf. Sure the 3D games have their own fair share of bad characters like BoRaiCho but it also gave us some great characters like Quan Chi.

I was sad the reboot didn't have that many new characters but I expect a bunch more in this sequel, and i'm sure some other characters from the 3D games will make the cut.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 01:14 PM   #13
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

A white guy with short brown hair is his general look. Certainly not getting into specifics with that.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 01:53 PM   #14
bushido
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
A white guy with short brown hair is his general look. Certainly not getting into specifics with that.
He has an adventurer look. So I can see an influence...maybe you have not noticed Indiana Jones influenced the look of Nathan Drake.

- : "Both Indy and Drake have short brown hair...can't see the influence..."
- : "Guys seriously..."
Old 03-12-2015, 02:22 PM   #15
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

He doesn't even really have an adventurer look though. Leather, hoodies and the typical MK vest thing?

He's closer to what Stryker looked like in the last game than an Indiana Jones type.

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 09:42 PM   #16
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

lame

Hate Cage's look in this one. Indifferent about cassie. She could be cool with the right arc, but raiden is her mentor.
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 01:38 AM   #17
Memphis
Stone Warrior

Love Cage's v-neck showing off his tattoo. I think he looks great in this game. I don't like his voice though.

Boon is teasing big news during the stream today. I'm going to be so pissed if it's Jason as a character.

Now, Sebastian Castellanos. THERE is a guest character I'd like to see in the game. Hell, I'd even take The Keeper over Jason.