The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 10-02-2020, 01:32 PM   #461
neatoman
Emperor

I'm beginning to hate the fact that I created this thread.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 02:41 PM   #462
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I'm pretty sure the next cartoon will have her white again.
Nah, given the current social climate I imagine they'd get a ton of sh*t from people if they did that. She'll definitely be black in the next project. Probably the next several. Absolutely the next live-action movie.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 03:58 PM   #463
CyberCubed
Overlord

Eh, I'm not sure about that. If Rise was a huge success and black April became mainstream then maybe it'd become a staple going forward, but the show was a blip on the radar and already feels like it's going to be forgotten.

Pretty sure she'll be white again with red hair most likely, since the hair color has been consistent for the last few series.

"Make April white again!" is already a slogan picking up steam too.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 04:22 PM   #464
Leo656
The Franchise

No it isn't. C'mon.

Anyways, it has nothing to do with whether the show was a success, and everything to do with how many people would cry "Foul" if they walked it back and made April white again. And how some of those people have a habit of taking things too far when they don't get their way.

People vandalized Graceland, for f*ck's sake. Nick absolutely doesn't want any "peaceful protestors" spray-painting their offices and smashing windows in the name of "representation" if they decide to make April white again.

We're in the "appeasement/reparations" phase of modern history. It is what it is.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 06:44 PM   #465
Cryomancer
Mad Scientist

Just get a red headed black woman, problem solved

Final Boss of translation group Opentrain.
We do videogame comics and TMNT stuff.
http://opentrain.theyear199x.org/
Cryomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 08:29 AM   #466
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
No it isn't. C'mon.

Anyways, it has nothing to do with whether the show was a success, and everything to do with how many people would cry "Foul" if they walked it back and made April white again. And how some of those people have a habit of taking things too far when they don't get their way.

People vandalized Graceland, for f*ck's sake. Nick absolutely doesn't want any "peaceful protestors" spray-painting their offices and smashing windows in the name of "representation" if they decide to make April white again.

We're in the "appeasement/reparations" phase of modern history. It is what it is.
And lord knows what those nuts will do if they cast say... Laura Bailey to voice NuBlack April.....

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 09:57 AM   #467
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
And lord knows what those nuts will do if they cast say... Laura Bailey to voice NuBlack April.....
She'll get a pass, since she is one of them, as most of the Hollywood / voice actors, worthless inteligencia parasites.

I don't deny their talents as actors, but their judgement and thoughts on society is so far removed from what normal people want, it is just hilarious.

Shouting "BLM" and "defund the police" is easy, when you have a personal house, surrounded with barbed wire and walls and a private security and means to escape as fast as possible.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 10:14 AM   #468
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
She'll get a pass, since she is one of them, as most of the Hollywood / voice actors, worthless inteligencia parasites.

I don't deny their talents as actors, but their judgement and thoughts on society is so far removed from what normal people want, it is just hilarious.

Shouting "BLM" and "defund the police" is easy, when you have a personal house, surrounded with barbed wire and walls and a private security and means to escape as fast as possible.
Hard to say, sometimes these guys get so nuts with the virtue points, they eat their own.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 12:51 PM   #469
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Hard to say, sometimes these guys get so nuts with the virtue points, they eat their own.
Only if she do something "horrible", like saying "men can not be women" or "whoring is not a work".
Old 10-24-2020, 09:32 AM   #470
Dizagaox
New Recruit

I wouldn't assume anything. But she'll likely be openly cast as any race in future projects, same with Casey too.
Dizagaox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 04:43 PM   #471
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Nick absolutely doesn't want any "peaceful protestors" spray-painting their offices and smashing windows in the name of "representation" if they decide to make April white again.
That's not going to happen.

Quote:

Right. All those BLM protesters on the streets are ultra privileged Hollywood elites.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 05:04 PM   #472
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
Right. All those BLM protesters on the streets are ultra privileged Hollywood elites.
They are either white rich kids students or welfare parasites.
Neither care what will happen with normal people.
Old 10-24-2020, 05:12 PM   #473
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
They are either white rich kids students or welfare parasites.
Neither care what will happen with normal people.
Awful lot of black people in those crowds for then all to rick white kids.
Old 10-25-2020, 04:39 AM   #474
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Awful lot of black people in those crowds for then all to rick white kids.
I've addressed it before: welfare is a problem in US.

It will become even bigger problem if democRATS will come to power: they will try to hook to welfare as many as possible to guarantee that they ALWAYS will be voted in.
Welcome to the one-party-US. Hopefully you'll ready to learn greatest speeches of Harris and Cortez and report your neighbor for wrong-think faster than he reported you.
Old 10-25-2020, 05:08 AM   #475
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
I've addressed it before: welfare is a problem in US.
So most or all of those black people are on welfare?

Even if that was remotely close to be being true would it invalidate their protesting the murder of fellow black people by the police?

Quote:
It will become even bigger problem if democRATS will come to power: they will try to hook to welfare as many as possible to guarantee that they ALWAYS will be voted in.
Welcome to the one-party-US. Hopefully you'll ready to learn greatest speeches of Harris and Cortez and report your neighbor for wrong-think faster than he reported you.
Well only one politician right now is using his power to try and dismantle as many democratic institutions ensure that he (and by extension his party) will never be out of power and foment an attitude amongst his base that should he be voted out there be violence in the streets and he isn't a Democrat.
Old 10-25-2020, 08:23 AM   #476
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
So most or all of those black people are on welfare?

Even if that was remotely close to be being true would it invalidate their protesting the murder of fellow black people by the police?
This is a problem, but not as much as BLM and their allies are trying to make it to be. Also, burning cities won't help it, but will lead to opposite result: more rich people and businesses leaving, overwhelming amount of crime...it won't be "police free towns with peaceful people", they will become "crime-ridden shitholes, which should be cleaned by military, before decent people will starts living there again".

Also, most of those people killed were either aggressive or criminals. I am sure there are some exceptions, but it happens with people of all races and sexes.

Maybe we should address uncomfortable problem, which is overwhelming amount of Black criminals? Left media do a lot to obfuscate this, like in Brianna Taylor case, who was a drug-dealer, but presented in media like a total innocent or Floyd who has become saint in everything, but name, who was just a generic thug, who would've died anyway from overdose.

Yeah, I know, someone will say "but this is a problem with integration, yada, yadda, yadda, white people need to do more...", but, how come that say, there is no such problem with Asians? Or African Blacks?

If some elements don't want to integrate into larger society, even though they have been given a lot of preferences, maybe the problem with those elements and not with society?

France is a good example of similar problem: where immigrants were given a lot of money and some opportunities, but they refuse to integrate into larger society. I know, it is not black and white case, but at this point, blaming everything on "society", "white people", "racism" and so on is just dumb.

Quote:
Well only one politician right now is using his power to try and dismantle as many democratic institutions ensure that he (and by extension his party) will never be out of power and foment an attitude amongst his base that should he be voted out there be violence in the streets and he isn't a Democrat.
I want to hear what Trump did to ensure he stays in power.
Did he eliminated electoral college? Did he started mail voting, which can be (and most likely will be) easily falsified? Had he a 4 year-long campaign on the biggest media (mostly consisting out of lies) to smear absolutely everyone among his political enemies? Do Twitter and Facebook under his control to the point their censor bad articles about him?

Also, it weren't Republicans burning their own cities, establishing "independent countries" in the cities and being violent against everyone this year.

So, what exactly Trump did to ensure he stays in power, aside from vague threats? And it not like democRATS don't threat violence against Trump-supporters.
Old 10-25-2020, 04:32 PM   #477
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
This is a problem, but not as much as BLM and their allies are trying to make it to be. Also, burning cities won't help it, but will lead to opposite result: more rich people and businesses leaving, overwhelming amount of crime...it won't be "police free towns with peaceful people", they will become "crime-ridden shitholes, which should be cleaned by military, before decent people will starts living there again".
I'm not sure that mostly peaceful protests that sometimes become riotous is much of problem (or a problem at all) compared decades of continuous murders of black people by the police.

Quote:
Also, most of those people killed were either aggressive or criminals. I am sure there are some exceptions, but it happens with people of all races and sexes.
Most of them aren't. I think that's a pretty well established fact at this point.

Of the African Americans that are criminals few of them have committed crimes or resisted arrest to the point that warrants the level of violence against them. We've long accepted that your punishment matches your crime. Someone who is guilty of...say shoplifting shouldn't die in police custody.

All this happens disproportionately to black people. There is something wrong with a system that a black man selling pirated DVDs is shot dead on the spot whereas white guys like Dylan Roof who shoot up a church or school get taken alive. Also when it does happen to white people it almost always results in the officers in question going to jail.

Quote:
Maybe we should address uncomfortable problem, which is overwhelming amount of Black criminals? Left media do a lot to obfuscate this, like in Brianna Taylor case, who was a drug-dealer, but presented in media like a total innocent or Floyd who has become saint in everything, but name, who was just a generic thug, who would've died anyway from overdose.
If you want to talk about the uncomfortable socio and economic problems which in some cases make black people more likely to turn crime then great but I'm guessing that's not what you meant.

Quote:
France is a good example of similar problem: where immigrants were given a lot of money and some opportunities, but they refuse to integrate into larger society. I know, it is not black and white case, but at this point, blaming everything on "society", "white people", "racism" and so on is just dumb.
It seems you're conflating immigrants with all people of colour living in the West. Not that immigrants from Asia deserve it either but most of these cases of police overreach happen to actual citizens that are born in the countries in question. They don't have to integrate they are integrated by their birth.

Quote:
I want to hear what Trump did to ensure he stays in power.
Did he eliminated electoral college? Did he started mail voting, which can be (and most likely will be) easily falsified? Had he a 4 year-long campaign on the biggest media (mostly consisting out of lies) to smear absolutely everyone among his political enemies? Do Twitter and Facebook under his control to the point their censor bad articles about him?

Also, it weren't Republicans burning their own cities, establishing "independent countries" in the cities and being violent against everyone this year.

So, what exactly Trump did to ensure he stays in power, aside from vague threats? And it not like democRATS don't threat violence against Trump-supporters.
Trump and the Republicans would never eliminate the electoral college. It's the sole reason they are currently in power despite losing the popular vote by millions and that wasn't the first it's happened either. The electoral college does give the GOP an unfair advantage over the Democrats but since it also keeps third parties at bay so even the Dems aren't eager to get rid of it.

What Trump has done is had his people look into legality of overturning term limits. He did this literally the day he was sworn in.

He jokes about it about his rallies but he has legit refused to accept the result if he lost or commit to a peaceful transition of power.

He attempts disenfranchise people less likely to vote for him (although that's not a tactic unique to him) also undermines confidence in postal votes at a time when they will be a crucial decider and has intimated to elements his base that they should be ready violence should he lose.
Old 10-27-2020, 07:07 PM   #478
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
I'm not sure that mostly peaceful protests that sometimes become riotous is much of problem (or a problem at all) compared decades of continuous murders of black people by the police.
Obigatory:
Spoiler:

So you're OK with thugs destroying livelihood of random innocent people to protest against supposed injustice?
I don't really see how it can be anything, but counter-productive.

Quote:
Most of them aren't. I think that's a pretty well established fact at this point.

Of the African Americans that are criminals few of them have committed crimes or resisted arrest to the point that warrants the level of violence against them. We've long accepted that your punishment matches your crime. Someone who is guilty of...say shoplifting shouldn't die in police custody.

All this happens disproportionately to black people. There is something wrong with a system that a black man selling pirated DVDs is shot dead on the spot whereas white guys like Dylan Roof who shoot up a church or school get taken alive. Also when it does happen to white people it almost always results in the officers in question going to jail.
I'd like to see some statistics about this, since according to statistics I saw, there were only about 10 killings of unarmed Blacks by police last year.
I don't think that bias is widespread and also I think that some politician like to hyperbolize the problem to win political scores.
Also, maybe Black people end up being on receiving end of violence more often than white is because they are more often reacting violently than white people?

Quote:
If you want to talk about the uncomfortable socio and economic problems which in some cases make black people more likely to turn crime then great but I'm guessing that's not what you meant.
So, they have a lot of preferences and money poured into their communities, but somehow they are still can't rise from poverty and still are turning to the life of crime?

You know, at this point I think it's bull. If community can't fix itself for decades upon decades, it's no longer about government or any outside influence. Its about community being, well, crap, too entrenched in its own questionable lifestyle.

Quote:
It seems you're conflating immigrants with all people of colour living in the West. Not that immigrants from Asia deserve it either but most of these cases of police overreach happen to actual citizens that are born in the countries in question. They don't have to integrate they are integrated by their birth.
Being born in the country, doesn't make you integrated in the society.
Integration means, that you are sharing core values of the country and capable of using its main language.

So someone who is born in France, but don't share their culture and can't talk French, is not integrated in society at all. And integration is crucial to foreign people, if they want to find their place in another country.

If you don't want to integrate, well, don't cry that people don't treat like part of their society.

Quote:
What Trump has done is had his people look into legality of overturning term limits. He did this literally the day he was sworn in.
"Looked into" did" are pretty different things.

Quote:
He jokes about it about his rallies but he has legit refused to accept the result if he lost or commit to a peaceful transition of power.

He attempts disenfranchise people less likely to vote for him (although that's not a tactic unique to him) also undermines confidence in postal votes at a time when they will be a crucial decider and has intimated to elements his base that they should be ready violence should he lose.
Its not like dems weren't threatening violence for the last 4 years...

You see, you try to blame Trump, but nothing he's done is excusive for him and GOP.

I am of thinking he is a loudmouth businessman, who will play by the rules when it matters, unless something extraordinary happens.
Old 10-27-2020, 09:59 PM   #479
Newton Gimmick
Mad Scientist

99.9% of the public don't even know Rise was a thing. I doubt we get a black April in the next "major mainstream" thing, but even if we do, Rise will not have been a factor in that decision either way.

Newton Gimmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 07:38 PM   #480
King Kahn
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Obigatory:

So you're OK with thugs destroying livelihood of random innocent people to protest against supposed injustice?
I don't really see how it can be anything, but counter-productive.
Yup. Thugs.
https://thehill.com/homenews/news/52...olice-precinct
King Kahn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
april, april o'neil, curious (black), cybercubedtheracist, dc comics, everything is racist, im offended, mirage, plastroncuckold, racist