The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 01-24-2003, 04:45 PM   #161
Kid Icarus
Foot Elite

All of the stores here (Target, Shopko, K-Mart, WalMart, TRU, KB... and i think there was one more.) were sold out a few days after their first shipment .

I got the turtles, Shredder, and Foot Soldier on the first day i saw them in 2 trips, then went back the next day and grabbed Splinter.

This really is good news. I expected them to kinda flop.
Kid Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 06:58 PM   #162
Wingnut
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwgtrunks
This really is good news. I expected them to kinda flop.
*points to door* NEVER question the success of the TMNT. j/k,i didn't question them though
Old 01-25-2003, 12:12 AM   #163
tmnt2513
Thug

Hello I'm new!

Hello I'm new to the forum but have been a TMNT since the 80's toy line...so I'm not a bandwagon guy...lol... so anyhow I'll talk to everyone later!

I'm also on he-man.org as motuthunder
tmnt2513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2003, 09:13 AM   #164
Wingnut
Mad Scientist

Welcome tmnt2513 *hands tmnt2513 mango of welcome* have a blast and try not to get lost in the endless halls of the technodrome...BTW theres an intro section if your interested
Old 01-26-2003, 01:11 PM   #165
The Master Foot Soldier
Thug

If you're in the Oshawa, Ontario region, Wyld Star Comics has a wide selection of the toys, at least four of each figure. I bought the last Shreeder though.
The Master Foot Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2003, 03:33 PM   #166
Sauron
Foot Soldier

Yesterday in Seattle,at Target, I found about 7-9 of each turtle,2 Splinters,5-6 Shredders, and 3 foot soldiers (2 of which I bought). They're probably mostly gone now though...
Old 01-27-2003, 03:54 PM   #167
Snailman
Hench Mutant

Re: Hello I'm new!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmnt2513
Hello I'm new to the forum but have been a TMNT since the 80's toy line...so I'm not a bandwagon guy...lol... so anyhow I'll talk to everyone later!

I'm also on he-man.org as motuthunder
Hey motuthunder! It'sa me, Co-Lec-Tor! Nice to see another he-man.org person here.

The Toys-R-Us in Lake Grove on Long Island NY had only 5 Turtles figures left (3 Raph's & 2 Don's I think), a few giant turtles (had no interest in them, so just glanced at 'em quickly) & alot of Sewer Sliders & Shell Cycles. TRU charges $6.99 a figure & $10.99 for the vehicles. I used almost all of what was left on my TRU gift card to buy the Sewer Slider, so I got to save some money.

The Kay-Bee Toy store in the Smithhaven Mall also had TMNT toys in, but in larger numbers. No vehicles from what I could see, but they DID have all 4 turtles & 3 Shredders. I picked up a Shredder & a Mike figure so now all I have left to buy figure wise is Donatello & Leonardo. Kay-Bee charges $5.99 a figure, which is pretty impressive as it's the exact same price they charged for the original TMNT figures back in the day.

-Snailman

Edit: Oh, nearly forgot, I went to the above mentioned stores on Sunday, Jan. 26th (aka yesterday).
Snailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 04:18 PM   #168
BigThew
Stone Warrior

Walmart by Park Meadows Mall in Colorado had the 3 turtles (1 Raph, 3 Don's, 2 Mikey's) and one splinter...each $5.88

i took the last raph and splinter, there is stul some don's and mikey's, and they have the shell cycle there

TRU by park meadows has all the 12" turtles and all the vehicles except the Van
BigThew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 05:42 PM   #169
Kameko
Sister to the TMNT

Had all four turtles here in TX, but they're now sold out. They still have the bike, though. And I never spotted Shredder, Splinter, or Foot Soldiers. *sigh* Maybe I'll find them when I go to the mall. And mom will think I'm nuts because I'll go on a buying frenzy. Honestly, if I spot Splinter or Shredder, I will hurt people to get to it. They better stay outta my way.
Kameko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 06:10 PM   #170
PhoenixFire
Random Punk

Our local Target down here in California just got the Battle Shell for $19.00,
I finally found all of the figures (shredder was tuff!), Leo's gotta be the best sculpt, just look at him!
Old 01-28-2003, 06:50 PM   #171
Mike
Foot Soldier

Just got them off layaway from Wal*Mart, and get this: I stopped by the toy department and notice every figure they had but ONE Mikey was gone! I am so glad I put 'em on layaway...I dont think anywhere here has gotten the Shredder, Foot, or Splinter figure.

http://www.geocities.com/newtmnt/
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 12:00 AM   #172
Snailman
Hench Mutant

Damn, with everyone have such problems finding Splinter, Shredder & the Foot Solider, I'm glad I snagged mine when I saw 'em.

Actually, the only reasons I even got the Foot Solider when I saw him was:

1) I heard from an eBay auction description that he was 1 per case.

and...

2) I wanted to get at least one to make my searching that more easier on me (in the first toyline I got just one Foot Solider & that was it until I was older & found eBay).

-Snailman
Snailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 01:17 PM   #173
tmntpower2003
Hench Mutant

i saw at least three of all the turtles, two shredder and one splinter and one foot soldier today at my local target so i put the foot soldier behind some old stuff so i could get it later along w/ the battle shell b/c i was busy buying the huge 13inch Hulk movie figure. In the hulk movie they said he grows w/ rage and at some point in the movie reaches 15 ft
tmntpower2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 02:41 PM   #174
cable04
Random Punk

i need to go shopping...
Old 01-29-2003, 05:02 PM   #175
Stone Ill
Mad Scientist

I wish I was old enough to drive (Only 2 more years!) so I could just go out and look for the figures by myself rather than pesturing someone to go to Wal-Mart or Toys'R'Us with me.
Stone Ill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 05:24 PM   #176
Sauron
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntpower2003
i saw at least three of all the turtles, two shredder and one splinter and one foot soldier today at my local target so i put the foot soldier behind some old stuff so i could get it later along w/ the battle shell b/c i was busy buying the huge 13inch Hulk movie figure. In the hulk movie they said he grows w/ rage and at some point in the movie reaches 15 ft
Cool,I'd like to see that! Maybe that's why he's so out of proportion to the car he comes with.
Old 01-30-2003, 10:40 AM   #177
HorseTechie
Inactive Moderator

Hrmm.. I need to check more places. Targets all over Indy are clean sold out of ALL the 5" figures. But I was happy to find that one store had the Shell Cycle for $10, so I got that.

Still need Leo and Mikey out of the 4 turtles. I'm not a big collector, so 4 turtles and a motorcycle is all I want.
HorseTechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 11:47 AM   #178
Stone Ill
Mad Scientist

All I want is at least one Turtle..(One 5" and and one 12" I think it is) and I might get the other 3, but I only want 1.
Old 01-30-2003, 03:39 PM   #179
Wingnut
Mad Scientist

i added one more minion to my foot army(im now at four )
Old 01-30-2003, 05:02 PM   #180
Stone Ill
Mad Scientist

One for each turtle? Heh..Do the Foot Soldiers have those stubby legs like they do in the pictures (I mean, do they look stubby? I know they're bent)