The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2018, 04:42 PM   #21
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 32,836
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
Technically, Dragon Lord is TMNT's only other "main villain" they've ever had in any incarnation, unless I'm mistaken.
Well he replaced Shredder in the first 2 eps, it's similar to Lord Dregg taking over at the end of the original toon, or Bishop in 2k3.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 04:44 PM   #22
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Victory Is Life
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 12,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
Technically, Dragon Lord is TMNT's only other "main villain" they've ever had in any incarnation, unless I'm mistaken.
I'd think we could very easily say that Krang and Shredder both shared that role in the Fred Wolf cartoon.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Technodrome Member: Whys CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy running?

Technodrome Moderator: Because we have to chase him.

Technodrome Member: He didnt do anything wrong.

Technodrome Moderator: Because hes the hero Technodrome Forums deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So well hunt him because he can take it. Because hes not our hero. Hes a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A dark knight.
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 08:45 PM   #23
sdp
<<Dino Raver>>
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: MO
Posts: 5,987
Let's not forget Shredder won't be in Rise of the TMNT and we'll get a new mystical main villain for the show.
__________________
@0sdp
TMNT articles @ MiscRave.com
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 10:43 PM   #24
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 32,836
Meme magic doesn't work, sdp, I've tried it many times. Sometimes it does, but that is a rarity.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 04:59 PM   #25
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 6,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Let's not forget Shredder won't be in Rise of the TMNT.
Has it been confirmed he will not appear?
__________________
Because of all crossovers doing nothing else than messing up the timeline and other stuff of the 1987-1996 series, I've given up writing fanfiction about it. Instead, I'm trying to reboot the TMNT as many other fanfiction writers do:

Hopefully, stories will later appear at

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/968367/O...NT-Cartoon-Fan
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 05:17 PM   #26
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor
 
ProphetofGanja's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Dub Side of the Moon
Posts: 2,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Meme magic doesn't work, sdp, I've tried it many times. Sometimes it does, but that is a rarity.
For what it's worth, I think he's right, at least about the first season or two. The premise of RotTMNT seems different enough that the showrunners would want to create a new, mystical villain for the Turtles to go up against
ProphetofGanja is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 05:33 PM   #27
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 6,898
Maybe Yoshi Chen Khan would work. He's at least a ninja.
__________________
Because of all crossovers doing nothing else than messing up the timeline and other stuff of the 1987-1996 series, I've given up writing fanfiction about it. Instead, I'm trying to reboot the TMNT as many other fanfiction writers do:

Hopefully, stories will later appear at

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/968367/O...NT-Cartoon-Fan
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 04:26 PM   #28
pferreira
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
What if there was a point where creators stopped using Shredder as the main villain for future tmnt incarnations and used someone else.

Who do you think the main villain would end up being in that situation?
Dregg?

A criminal mastermind?

A mutant enemy from another dimension?
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 05:09 PM   #29
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 6,898
Baron Draxum

We may get Baron Draxum:

https://www.newsarama.com/38148-john...a-turtles.html

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...source=twitter
__________________
Because of all crossovers doing nothing else than messing up the timeline and other stuff of the 1987-1996 series, I've given up writing fanfiction about it. Instead, I'm trying to reboot the TMNT as many other fanfiction writers do:

Hopefully, stories will later appear at

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/968367/O...NT-Cartoon-Fan
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 06:23 PM   #30
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 32,836
Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
It's pretty ironic we had this thread right before we got this new villain announced.

I think this is the correct definition of irony, right? Not expecting something to happen and then it DOES happen. The irony is palpable.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 06:28 PM   #31
FredWolfLeonardo
FW Fanboy
 
FredWolfLeonardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: New Bark Town
Posts: 2,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybercubed View Post
it's pretty ironic we had this thread right before we got this new villain announced.

I think this is the correct definition of irony, right? Not expecting something to happen and then it does happen. The irony is palpable.
yes!!!

You finally got it!!!

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
The biggest villains were the censors. What they could do without being held back is my question. Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue. Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 01-11-2018 at 06:41 PM.
FredWolfLeonardo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 07:22 AM   #32
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 6,898
Next Mutation

I have a feeling this is going to become the (animated) Next Mutation of the late-2010's.
__________________
Because of all crossovers doing nothing else than messing up the timeline and other stuff of the 1987-1996 series, I've given up writing fanfiction about it. Instead, I'm trying to reboot the TMNT as many other fanfiction writers do:

Hopefully, stories will later appear at

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/968367/O...NT-Cartoon-Fan
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 07:40 AM   #33
Chabrendeki
Hench Mutant
 
Chabrendeki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Posts: 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
It's pretty ironic we had this thread right before we got this new villain announced.

I think this is the correct definition of irony, right? Not expecting something to happen and then it DOES happen. The irony is palpable.
No, irony is when you say the opposite of what you think is true.

Originally irony was a theatrical term at the Greeks, and meant when the hero doesn't know the true meaning what he does or say, but the audience does. Eg. Oedipus marrying his mother.
Chabrendeki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 03:46 PM   #34
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 6,898
Kraang

I think the Kraang from the Nickelodeon series can be considered main-villains, but not holding the position alone.
__________________
Because of all crossovers doing nothing else than messing up the timeline and other stuff of the 1987-1996 series, I've given up writing fanfiction about it. Instead, I'm trying to reboot the TMNT as many other fanfiction writers do:

Hopefully, stories will later appear at

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/968367/O...NT-Cartoon-Fan
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 02:32 PM   #35
pferreira
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,313
Am I the only one who finds the Nick TMNT series logos kind of uninspiring?
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:22 AM   #36
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 6,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Can't see Baxter ever being the main villain, he works better as a secondary one.
If so, he must be really dangerous, not just some mouser-robots. The only way I can see it work is if:

1). The turtles defeat Shredder and his human Foot ninja early. However, Baxter Stockman manages to build robots, and program them with the Foot fighting techniques.

2). The turtles defeat a Krang-Kraang or Triceraton invasion on Earth. After the invasion, Baxter Stockman picks up some extraterrestrial technology to use on his own in his search fo conquest.
__________________
Because of all crossovers doing nothing else than messing up the timeline and other stuff of the 1987-1996 series, I've given up writing fanfiction about it. Instead, I'm trying to reboot the TMNT as many other fanfiction writers do:

Hopefully, stories will later appear at

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/968367/O...NT-Cartoon-Fan
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.