The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 08-23-2017, 11:26 PM   #1
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Favourite Pokemon Game?

What is your favourite Pokemon game and why? By Pokemon game, I mean the games in the main series and not the spin offs (e.g. Mystery Dunegon, Pinball etc.)

My personal favourite is Pokemon Yellow because:
1. Gen 1 mechanics (8 bit music, sound effects, gameplay style and glitches etc.)
2. Being the first Pokemon game in which a Pokemon can follow you around and has a happiness rating
3. Getting to own Charmander, Bulbusaur and Squirtle all at once.
4. Kanto being my favourite region with some of my favourite Themes/Settings and Pokemon (e.g. Lavender Town, Pokemon Mansion, Mewtwo etc.)
5. Pikachu's Beach (a mini game you can play if your Pikachu knows surf)

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 08-23-2017 at 11:33 PM.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 11:27 PM   #2
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Sorry accidentally put this in the wrong section, mods please move this to the Video Games section.
Old 08-23-2017, 11:43 PM   #3
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Blue, the magic the original games is not nostalgia, the limits of the original game boy meant you had to use your imagination; you imagined the world however you saw fit, look at all the wildly different interpretations of it in early merchandise before there was the "single" vision we have now.

Also most of the tropes and surprises originated in that game as well which we mostly see refined as is every other mechanic in future games but here we saw them for the first time. Why not yellow? I don't like some of the updated sprites or color choices for the GBC and the added story sequences I'm not fond off besides for a one of "to play something different". Why not Red? Blue is better.

Favorite Spin-Off:

Pokemon Snap: How is such a short game so replayable and memorable? I don't know. How did Nintendo fail to make a sequel, especially on Wii U? I don't know.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 12:06 AM   #4
snake
Disgusting

Platinum. It was my first and I have tons of memories associated with it.

Beating the Elite 4 while at a restaurant being my favorite. I kicked ass and got food.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 10:04 AM   #5
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Robopon.
Look it up.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 10:09 AM   #6
ToTheNines
[sic]

Pokémon Yellow or die.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 10:11 AM   #7
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Black and White are my favorites.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 10:19 AM   #8
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

I'd also have to chime in for Yellow. Just wish I could get a revamped version of it like Fire Red and whatever the other one was Green. Leaf Green.
Old 08-24-2017, 11:52 AM   #9
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
Black and White are my favorites.
This + Pinball + Snap.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 11:55 AM   #10
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

I guess my repetoire is limited, as I only ever played Gen1 on actual video games (ah, youth!) and the emulators I've found only have Gen2 and Gen3. Which are fine, just not my fave.
Old 08-24-2017, 02:05 PM   #11
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
I guess my repetoire is limited, as I only ever played Gen1 on actual video games (ah, youth!) and the emulators I've found only have Gen2 and Gen3. Which are fine, just not my fave.
These days even phones can emulate the gen 1 games with wireless link cable support.
Old 08-24-2017, 02:16 PM   #12
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
These days even phones can emulate the gen 1 games with wireless link cable support.
Yeah, the first three generations are everywhere. Just haven't seen anything Gen4 or beyond...
Old 08-24-2017, 02:19 PM   #13
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Pokémon Black/White 2. Had the best rival in the series, imo, and a great selection of Pokémon.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 05:29 PM   #14
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

Pokemon Blue, Pokemon Yellow, and Pokemon Stadium.

Blue was given to me by a friend. Yellow was the first Pokemon game that I bought, and Stadium was but one of the two games that I got to play the original Japanese version. (The other game was Sonic Adventure.)

Never got my hands on Pokemon Red for some reason.

~ John Adams
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 08:23 PM   #15
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Mine was Fire Red for over a decade until I bought Sun.

What a great supporting cast...and the customizable attributes for the player character are nice, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 10:49 PM   #16
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Pokemon Sun & Moon, and the previous one X & Y.

The others felt so outdated tbh so I didn't bother anymore.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 04:42 PM   #17
turtle1237
Stone Warrior

I love them all a LOT, but Sun and Moon did let me down a bit compare to the past games. So Sun and Moon are last.

Favorites.

1 Hoenn It gen3 sort of in a way. I love Emerald, and I love ORAS. I put Emerald over ORAS just a little bit, not by much. Emerald gets tops for the 2 legends battle and the battle frontier, but ORAS gets points for the hunt for the legends and a event only legend lol. Its more 1a and 1b. Ruby and Sapphire are good, but not as great as Emerald or ORAS. But my 2 favorite are gen3 and the remake.

2 Platinum, great game, I enjoy it a lot. what can I say. Cyrus, the other world, teaming up with champion Cynthia in saving the world, and this game right here is what made Cynthia the greatness champion ever imo.

3 BW1 and 2. I don't want one gen taking over the list, one game had a great story and amazing subway battle feature, the other had better breeded, and the world tournament. Skyla was my all time favorite gym leader. Even though it gets a LOT of hate. I love the gen5 games.

4, Gold Silver, Crystal, and its remakes. Ok, I think the remakes surpass the color Gameboy games, BUT at the time, I still enjoy Crystal. Crystal was my 2nd game after Blue. But the remakes, wow, Pokémon that follow you, the battle frontier from gen4, the hunt for Pokémon, yeah grinding to 100 was a pain, but this game was great. And who can forget the end battle with Red. Oh yeah Whitney and your Miltank, I hate you a LOT. I really do. hardest Gym battle ever.

5 X and Y, mega were fun, Love the story line, Lysander was a great villain, though team flair was kinda of goofy, dark story line, lame champion, BEST online features. The PSS was the best thing ever to happen to Pokémon, trading was made easy with its message system. Something Sun and Moon lacks. Even though it seems low on the list, I love X and Y.

6 gen1 Firered and Leafgreen, and blue. I remember as a kid, picking the water starter, and blasting my way past lance and Blue and being the champ. relived it in the remakes. It seems so low on the list, but the other games improve so much on Pokémon. It pains me to put it this low in fact. If Mewtwo was on your team, you were pretty much God in battles. Man were Physics over power in this gen. They almost made the other types useless. Fire Red and Leafgreen had gen3 battle features, So Physics were not the power house they were in gen1. But I started with gen1 Blue, and it was great.

7, every thing Gen6 did right, gen7 torn down and made it worse. The plaza was bad, the cutscenes took forever, and the game was easy and pretty much held your hand until the end. It was a downgrade. I don't need the moves to tell me what is effective or super effective in the battle box. seeing that really was a insult imo. It still drives me a little mad. I sort of enjoy the story. I love Olivia and Kukui, but even they could not save this game.
turtle1237 is offline   Reply With Quote