The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 06-25-2017, 07:19 PM   #121
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
These people need to make up their minds. First they arent in the MCU, then they are, then they arent because it had to be CLARIFIED that Venom is in the MARVEL COMICS UNIVERSE?! Like people didnt know this already? Who's writing this?
No one is changing their minds on anything. Amy Pascal said an incorrect statement and clickbait sites ran with it.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 07:20 PM   #122
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

It's obvious that the partnership seems solid on paper, but the two companies are thinking on VERY different wavelengths in reality. Marvel of course is thinking of the film in terms of its own larger universe, and Sony is trying to just use Spidey to propel whatever properties they have left (Venom, and the Black Cat movie) into public consciousness. That's why dumbass Pascal is saying that Homecoming takes place in 'their world': they're trying to increase interest in Venom solely based on its tenuous (basically nonexistent) connection to Homecoming.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 09:00 PM   #123
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/10/...-kelly-marcel/

Script to be Penned by Fifty Shades of Grey writer Kelly Marcel
Old 10-03-2017, 09:05 PM   #124
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post

And I thought this whole fiasco couldn't be any funnier!
Old 10-03-2017, 10:19 PM   #125
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

You know a bit off topic but an Agent Venom movie would have great potential, imagine if you combine Aliens with The Hurt Locker with The Kingsmen
Old 10-03-2017, 10:32 PM   #126
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Is this real life?
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 11:22 PM   #127
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

Wasn't there an idea for a Sinister Six movie at one time? If there was, did it die off? That still could work and Venom could still join in, should anything happen to Kraven.

I did look for an S.S. movie trailer on Youtube. All I found were fan-made trailers.

Besides, a S.S. movie could work better than giving (I assuming here) each villain a stand-alone movie. Since some of the Sinister Six members traded punches with other heroes from the Marvel comic universe, Sony could add additional heroes to *begrudgingly* fight alongside the web-slinger, should he appear in the movie.

~ John Adams
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 06:02 AM   #128
TheSkeletonMan939

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFell View Post
Wasn't there an idea for a Sinister Six movie at one time? If there was, did it die off?
Sony was planning a Sinister Six movie I think to be developed after Amazing Spider-Man 3. One would hope that all those plans washed away after the Disney deal.
Old 10-04-2017, 02:38 PM   #129
Slap-Happy
Bad Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
Sony was planning a Sinister Six movie I think to be developed after Amazing Spider-Man 3. One would hope that all those plans washed away after the Disney deal.
Yeah, Sinister Six is done. Drew Goddard was going to write and direct. Apparently involved Spider-Man having to team up with five villains.

There were discussions about Matt Damon for Doc Ock, and funnily enough, Tom Hardy as the Sandman.
Slap-Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 02:57 PM   #130
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post

Hahahaha!!

Man, this movie's future is not looking good.

Speaking of that cancelled Sinister Six film, we never found out what plans they had for Gustav Fiers (the guy in the shadows) did we?
A shame. Even though those films weren't that good, I was sort of interested in where they'd take that particular plot. Oh well.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 03:03 PM   #131
Slap-Happy
Bad Boy

I don't know that Kelly Marcel writing the script is that bad. She did some work on Bronson, which is one of Hardy's best films. She's apparently good friends with Hardy too, so this might turn out kind of interesting.
Slap-Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 03:39 PM   #132
TheSkeletonMan939

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post
Speaking of that cancelled Sinister Six film, we never found out what plans they had for Gustav Fiers (the guy in the shadows) did we?
A shame. Even though those films weren't that good, I was sort of interested in where they'd take that particular plot. Oh well.
I wasn't. They almost certainly weren't going to do anything cool with him like make him The Rose or The Big Man or someone like that. He was just a stock "all-knowing sinister informant" character. I really dislike how comic book movies use post-credits scenes now; instead of easter eggs or jokes, they're now used to actually further plot, and in ASM's case there clearly was no plot which they were furthering, just gibberish.
Old 10-06-2017, 08:42 PM   #133
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
I wasn't. They almost certainly weren't going to do anything cool with him like make him The Rose or The Big Man or someone like that. He was just a stock "all-knowing sinister informant" character. I really dislike how comic book movies use post-credits scenes now; instead of easter eggs or jokes, they're now used to actually further plot, and in ASM's case there clearly was no plot which they were furthering, just gibberish.
Yeah, Sony looked pretty stoopid when all that stuff about Peter's parents and secret agents and whatever the f#ck else was left totally unresolved. They really had no idea what the hell they were doing.
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 12:19 PM   #134
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

This project still going? I thought it was canceled ages ago.

I haven't heard anything since I heard it was given the green light, than again as a Spider Man fan, I'm not exactly looking forward to this film. It was one of my favorite storylines from the series, imagine how disappointed I was how they did things with the story in Spider Man three than this
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 06:41 AM   #135
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Filming has offically begun on "Venom."

Call me crazy, because I have no idea why, but I have a feeling this will actually be a good movie. Against all odds.

Maybe I'm just an optimist
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 08:06 AM   #136
Allio
Foot Elite

And thus the Mcu became so big it got a spin-off
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 11:38 AM   #137
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Venom will be created with Motion Capture CGI

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/10/...ure-tom-hardy/
Old 10-24-2017, 11:48 AM   #138
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
And thus the Mcu became so big it got a spin-off
I'd say the MCU already spun off a few times before, what with Agents of SHIELD and the Netflix Defenders...
Old 10-24-2017, 12:01 PM   #139
Allio
Foot Elite

Though those are still technically apart of the Mcu, the spider films specifically comes from homecoming.
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 02:13 PM   #140
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/12/...venom-costume/

I wonder if he has any idea, or barring that if no one has ever explained to Tom Hardy that he's not starring in "The next big MCU movie" or even something that immediately makes any sense in whatever Spider-verse they've unsuccessfully been trying to launch for years... but just this odd duck project that's sort of locked in a very strange corner.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
i love pg-13, sony lucks out