The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 09-24-2017, 07:48 PM   #10121
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
I'm still stuck on

Spoiler:
Proteus Ridley.

Yeah he's a pain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turo602 View Post
Same here, though I'll probably go ahead and add Fusion to that list as well. Not that the game was bad in any major way, but when I think of Metroid, Super and Zero Mission are what come to mind to me personally and Fusion was just very unique and amazing in a completely different way. Samus Returns on the other hand, as amazing as it is, is still just Metroid II. The hunting Metroids premise just isn't as interesting to me as the other games that have way more unique boss encounters than just the varying Metroid forms that you kill over and over again. Only 3 bosses really stand out for me and they all occur towards the end of the game. I also gotta say, it felt weird not having the speed booster in a 2D Metroid game. Still a great game though.
I'm not sure what games I like the best. It's probably the Prime games because of their first person view.

Super Metroid was the first game I seriously played, and owned. I just bought it on a whim with some of the money I got for Christmas in 1994. Since then, I've been buying Metroid games as they came out (sans Metroid Pinball and Federation Force), and decided to get the first two. I got a used copy of Metroid II where there were just a few Metroids to defeat, and I actually defeated the Queen Metroid in it. I still haven't really played through the first two.

Believe it or not, I still haven't played all the way through Other M either.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 08:08 PM   #10122
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
Believe it or not, I still haven't played all the way through Other M either.
You're not missing anything.
Old 09-25-2017, 07:08 AM   #10123
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turo602 View Post
Anyway, anyone seen the Chozo memories yet? They look so damn amazing in 3D and the last one makes me very excited for the possibility of Metroid 5.
This somewhat spoilery video breaks it down.

I finally beat this game last night with 70%. I'd like to see at least one more traditional (less melee oriented) Metroid game on the 3DS in the future, but I might actually purchase a Switch if the sequel is on that platform as well.

A future port of Samus Returns would probably create less hand cramps when playing on the big screen with a Pro controller.

Now that I'm done with it, I might actually finish Fusion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 04:54 PM   #10124
Storm Eagle
Saved by

I forgot to mention earlier that I found all of the items in Metroid: Samus Returns. I'm going to play through it again now that I know where things are. Plus now that I have four amiibos, I'm going to try them out on the game. The hardest part will be opening them up. Especially the set with the Samus Aran and Metroid amiibos.

Now for some Zelda news.

After Hyrule Historia and Arts & Artifacts, Dark Horse will be releasing a Legend of Zelda Encyclopedia next year.

https://ninmobilenews.com/news/2017/...-america-2018/

I thought this might be happening once I saw a listing for it on Amazon Japan's site.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%82%BC%E...keywords=Zelda
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 12:24 AM   #10125
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Is anyone playing Splatoon 2? Is it any good?
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 12:48 AM   #10126
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Is anyone playing Splatoon 2? Is it any good?
Been playing it for months. Highly recommend, great to jump on for 20 mins, or have a couple hour long sessions.

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 03:07 AM   #10127
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Nice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
That’s cool dude
Cheers!
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 01:20 AM   #10128
Powder
So tired of this place

Important question-

I moved my Wii memory over to my Wii-U last year.

If I decide to re-play Skyward Sword, will it be patched, or would I need to re-download the patch from the Wii Shop Channel before its demise? The patch prevents a game-breaking bug involving a Goron you talk with.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 09:51 AM   #10129
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I bought Mario Run with the current 50% discount, and mixed opinions. I am getting my $5 out of it but it doesn't feel like a complete Mario game either so I wouldn't think it's worth more than that.

It plays a lot like a freemium mobile game would with its three currencies that it has in game (coins/tickets/toads), building your Toadstool Kingdom and it being online only.

The new Remix 10 mode is awesome, I think you can play that one with the free demo completely and it's easily the best part of the game. The normal levels are fine but it feels like too few for the normal price. The coin pink/purple/black coin challenges add some replay value but it's also annoying and a cheap way to lengthen the game. Toad Rally can be a lot of fun at times but it also feels tedious since you need so many toads to unlock the other characters.

Playing as the other characters is neat even if Mario is easily the best one to play as (so far). I do like that unlike New Super Mario Bros Wii/U we can actually play as characters we want instead of "blue and yellow toad", I still don't understand why they did that besides the colors to help differentiate while in game. It's also weird to see that Rosalina is not there counting how much Nintendo has pushed her since Galaxy and how fans have eaten her up, I never liked her enough since she's just Peach with bangs. But yeah cool to see "normal" toad, Toadette, different colored yoshi and Pauline as playable characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Important question-

If I decide to re-play Skyward Sword, will it be patched, or would I need to re-download the patch from the Wii Shop Channel before its demise? The patch prevents a game-breaking bug involving a Goron you talk with.
When you moved your Wii, you literally moved all the data making it the same machine so if the patch was in the system memory it should still be there unless the you had downloaded the patch to an SD card in which case you would need the SD card.

but just to be sure I would go to the wii shop and see if you can download the patch, if you can it means you don't have it.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 10:51 AM   #10130
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Important question-

Woah, yeah, I hadn't thought of that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post

When you moved your Wii, you literally moved all the data making it the same machine so if the patch was in the system memory it should still be there unless the you had downloaded the patch to an SD card in which case you would need the SD card.

but just to be sure I would go to the wii shop and see if you can download the patch, if you can it means you don't have it.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 07:47 AM   #10131
Vegita-San
Emperor

there was a switch e shop download i wanted to check out, but i'll be damned if i can remember the name of it.

best way ican describe it was a pinball action adventure platformer.
I meant to save it, but since i didn't think i'd ever find a switch, i didn't... :/
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 10:21 AM   #10132
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 02:12 AM   #10133
Turo602
The King of Kings

Well, now that Miiverse is officially dead, I figured I'd share some of my Miiverse drawings.

Sonic

Darkseid

Krang

Deku Link
Old 11-15-2017, 10:07 PM   #10134
frank_one
Mad Scientist

I'm playing Kirby's dreamland 2 through kirby's anniversary collection on Wii. It is one of the best platform games on the Game boy!
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 01:08 AM   #10135
sdp
Megan Fox = April

F-ck you Nintendo.

I just bought a switch

My friend code is sw-1592-3080-9631

Last edited by sdp; 11-18-2017 at 09:03 PM.
Old 11-28-2017, 10:37 AM   #10136
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Yooka-Laylee finally gets a release date for the Switch on December 14.

http://http://www.nintendolife.com/n...n_all_about_it
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 06:38 AM   #10137
Powder
So tired of this place

Kellogs confirmed the US is getting Super Mario Cereal, seems like it may be a berry flavored Lucky Charms sorta thing (which sounds amazing). & you can even use it with your game. Neat.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 11:02 PM   #10138
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I've been playing Odyssey a lot on my Switch, getting Sick really helped me put a lot of hours in it. What can I say, it's a Mario game, maybe it's not as original as Galaxy but it's still a lot of fun and "open world". I own New SMBU & 3D World in the Wii U but never played them for more than a few minutes, I don't know what it was but unlike those two games this one continues to keep my attention. Fantastic game.

Haven't played much of BOTW, only about an hour or so, I just find it hard to get into but maybe after I finish Odyssey I'll give it a shot. I'm thinking of getting Sonic Forces since it's cheap and I like "crappy" 3D sonic games and Blaster Master Zero.

I feel really odd that I leave the switch in sleep mode and it pretty much resumes where I left the game on, I feel like I should "shut it down" but it's not easy to "shut it down" so I'm guessing Nintendo wants you to keep it in sleep mode. I also keep my Switch mostly in docked mode which my paranoia makes me think it'll kill the battery life but I guess it's engineered to work like this.

Quote:
Kellogs confirmed the US is getting Super Mario Cereal, seems like it may be a berry flavored Lucky Charms sorta thing (which sounds amazing). & you can even use it with your game. Neat.

https://sickr.files.wordpress.com/20...real.jpg?w=780
Any dromer willing to ship it at MSRP+shipping? The prices on ebay are a bit much for cereal..

Old 12-01-2017, 10:33 AM   #10139
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I've been playing Odyssey a lot on my Switch, getting Sick really helped me put a lot of hours in it. What can I say, it's a Mario game, maybe it's not as original as Galaxy but it's still a lot of fun and "open world". I own New SMBU & 3D World in the Wii U but never played them for more than a few minutes, I don't know what it was but unlike those two games this one continues to keep my attention. Fantastic game.

Haven't played much of BOTW, only about an hour or so, I just find it hard to get into but maybe after I finish Odyssey I'll give it a shot. I'm thinking of getting Sonic Forces since it's cheap and I like "crappy" 3D sonic games and Blaster Master Zero.

I feel really odd that I leave the switch in sleep mode and it pretty much resumes where I left the game on, I feel like I should "shut it down" but it's not easy to "shut it down" so I'm guessing Nintendo wants you to keep it in sleep mode. I also keep my Switch mostly in docked mode which my paranoia makes me think it'll kill the battery life but I guess it's engineered to work like this.

Any dromer willing to ship it at MSRP+shipping? The prices on ebay are a bit much for cereal..

Why are you trying to buy cereal on eBay?

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 06:20 PM   #10140
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

I got some gift cards from work and went over to my local Best Buy yesterday. To my surprise, there were twelve SNES Classics just sitting there. Needless to say, I picked one up.

I've never played several of those games before, so it has been a real treat so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.

Last edited by Spike Spiegel; 12-24-2017 at 06:27 PM.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote