The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-25-2018, 12:44 AM   #1
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Random Thoughts: TMNT Edition

Ever have a thought, idea, or "headcanon" around TMNT that isn't worth starting up a new thread or necroposting, or just don't have anywhere else to put it?

Well, here's the place for you!

And as for a thought that's been buzzing around in my head...

I don't think the Utroms developed space travel and technology on their own.
Because of course that's the kind of topic that would come first in this thread.
Spoiler:
As smart as they are, I think they would probably have been too busy just trying to stay alive to try doing anything even remotely related to creating advanced technology. Even the 'mining for ore' parts of it. Leatherhead has proven their size is a pretty enormous disadvantage when it comes to the predator game, so at least in early stages.

Instead, they focused on building a civilization around their own prey's migration patterns, basically just eating anything that comes out of the water, and paying close attention to the things that did. Sure, they could master fire and rudimentary tools, but they probably weren't at a point where they could go much further until a species with hands came to them. One that has already mastered space travel came to their planet in a Star Trek-ish space exploration mission. Neutrinos or D'Hoonibs depending on which version you want to work with.
When they realize that the Utroms could by taught particle physics and quantum, they did.
And did they ever learn.

They end up looking like they caused this situation.

I'm not entirely sure of how the timeline of this would work, but it would probably be over several generations for sure. (If we still want to call bull on Utroms living for thousands and thousands of years - which I do.)