The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 09-13-2014, 08:32 PM   #121
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
MaloMyotismon was his name? lol. I'll stick with BelialVamdemon. lol
LMAO I KNOW. Myotismon sounds way cooler than Vamdemon, but MarshMaloMyotismon is a terrible name. BelialVamdemon is so badass.

...But considering he didn't live up to his name at all, perhaps MarshMaloMyotismon is better anyway.
Old 09-13-2014, 10:32 PM   #122
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Adventure 01 was 54 episodes to Adventures 02's 50 even. Tamers had 51. I watched seasons 1-3 but never got into the other stuff related to Digimon nor did I watch beyond Tamers. That is why I remember the episodes so well but all the side evolutions instead of one direct path confuse me. It gets too complicated for me. Also you know it from its original form opposed to English dub. We come from opposite corners of viewership.

To answers some of the above:

Its never said if its the same one or not. I guess its viewer's choice. Also, its not MarineDevimon but Devimon instead despite the fact he caused the monstrous whirlpool. It would have made more sense if it was MarineDevimon. Its only for about one minute that he shows up and its to warn Ken before being absorbed as the final piece to form Kimeramon. Also, Devimon causes the Kimeramon creation to be uncontrollable and destructive to stick it to Ken. Look at 10:10-12:05 in this clip.

I just watched Adventure 02 21 and yes in completing the Digimon Emperor segment of the season it morphs into Ken's crest. The only thing is, how did Ken get to be a Digi Destined crest and all if Apoclaymon was defeated? Was it Myotismon picking him out after witnessesing Sam(Ken's brother's death?).

I never cared for the Digi-Armor because it seemed odd to have three of them having two separate forms and one of those a one-shot third form. Then all forms forgotten instead going with the natural line.

Adventure 02's epilogue said that everyone got a digimon since everyone knew about it. Its almost like if a person finds out about Digimon he/she will get one with no age limit as Owekawa(sp?) proves. One would have thought the battle with MaloMyotismon would have gotten worldwide knowledge and then Agumon and Gabumon fighting Diaboramon on the internet. That is either a flaw or a changing of the rules later on.

I almost forgot that Daemon returned for the World Tour three parter. He was like Datamon, an independent of the main foe lesser evil. From Digimon Emperor to Arukinimon(sp?), Owekawa, and even anti-hero Black War Graymon is connected to Myotismon yet I don't think Daemon is. He wanted Kari and T.K. more because he needed to make Kari his queen for some reason and T.k. saved her causing his focus on those two more so than the others. I don't think he is killed but instead just sent back to the Digital World and is forgotten.

Last edited by MikeandRaph87; 09-13-2014 at 10:40 PM.
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 12:47 AM   #123
ssjup81
Foot Elite

I'll reply to your post soon, but just noticed the announcement on that nade nade Digimon egg thing. There's a new one, but the hatched one is still there.

Anyone else thinks that we'll have to hatch about 7 or 8 eggs and get a message with each representing each of the original Adventure kids?

Edit: Never mind, we do...but not sure how many.

Last edited by ssjup81; 09-19-2014 at 12:53 AM.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 09:03 PM   #124
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

So,are we supposed to watch the egg go from baby to Koromon to Agumon or is there going the others like Gabumon's egg and each hatch one by one and not digivolving?

http://digimon-adventure.net/eng/
Old 09-22-2014, 05:41 AM   #125
Allio
Foot Elite

we are already on the Gabumon egg

http://digimon-adventure.net/
Old 09-22-2014, 06:11 AM   #126
ssjup81
Foot Elite

I can't load it, but I guess it's going to be...

Agumon
Gabumon
Piyomon
Tentomon
Palmon
Gomamon
Patamon
Tailmon

That aside, how do you know it's Gabumon's egg? Could be Piyomon's.
Old 09-22-2014, 09:51 AM   #127
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
we are already on the Gabumon egg

http://digimon-adventure.net/
The English page is different and just shows Agumon's baby form. It does not the nade-nade thing with Gabumon's egg and game to go with that has Chumon. Since I know no more than six Japanese what does "nade-nade" mean?
Old 09-22-2014, 12:27 PM   #128
Allio
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
The English page is different and just shows Agumon's baby form. It does not the nade-nade thing with Gabumon's egg and game to go with that has Chumon. Since I know no more than six Japanese what does "nade-nade" mean?
yeah, the english version of the site is kind of crapy

Nade-nade is basically the sound effect for rubbing
Old 09-24-2014, 08:50 PM   #129
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I went to the Japanese version of the site and clicked on the egg and Gabumon briefly jumps onto the screen. It had over 849,00 clicks. Is it supposed to get 1 million clicks per egg, 1 click a computer per day? I assume we are unveiling confirmation beyond Tai's Agumon as the purpose of the site leading up to March?
Old 09-25-2014, 12:18 AM   #130
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Yeah. We get more information when the egg hatches. So just click the link every day at some point.

If you want to put more than one click in, just open a new private window [Firefox] or an incognito window [Chrome].
Old 09-26-2014, 09:23 PM   #131
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

The click countdown that is as I type this at 826,450. Is that overall or just until the Gabumon hatches? If its just for the one egg its going to be a couple of months at this rate. I wish they would just confirm its 8 DigiDestined and perhaps tease us with twist to let us guess on how they could possibly be summoned for another mission thinking Diaboramon was it was the last the original set was needed for.
Old 10-02-2014, 07:39 PM   #132
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Was it ever revealed what the other six Digidestined's Digimon were to be at the mega level?

Its odd that in season 2 that they dna digivolved instead of go to Ultimate form. I know a dna digivolution is like ultimate plus and if mega its like mega plus but still.

If the others dna digivolved it would have been Palmon/Byiomon, Tentomon/Gomamon? Its odd that Patamon melded with Armadillomon instead of Gotomon and Gotomon with Hawkmon. That was because of Patamon and Gotomon already being Digidestined partners and would not have been paired with people who were not involved originally or perhaps its a plot whole. Anyone who partnered with Hawkmon would have been odd considering the female digidestined paired with a male digimon and would have to meld with a female digimon to become some neuter creature. Okay, maybe I am thinking too much into it and the writers did not think enough into it.
Old 10-02-2014, 10:20 PM   #133
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Was it ever revealed what the other six Digidestined's Digimon were to be at the mega level?

Its odd that in season 2 that they dna digivolved instead of go to Ultimate form. I know a dna digivolution is like ultimate plus and if mega its like mega plus but still.

If the others dna digivolved it would have been Palmon/Byiomon, Tentomon/Gomamon? Its odd that Patamon melded with Armadillomon instead of Gotomon and Gotomon with Hawkmon. That was because of Patamon and Gotomon already being Digidestined partners and would not have been paired with people who were not involved originally or perhaps its a plot whole. Anyone who partnered with Hawkmon would have been odd considering the female digidestined paired with a male digimon and would have to meld with a female digimon to become some neuter creature. Okay, maybe I am thinking too much into it and the writers did not think enough into it.
God I hate that term with an extreme hatred and passion as Jogress makes a heck of a lot more sense given that they're data-based anyway. Joint + Progress. They "join" to "progress" to the next stage of evolution. You also have to remember that the 02 stuff was based on the D3, D-Terminal, the Wonderswan games (Ken), and card games out at the time in Japan.

Also it made sense for the match ups to be Takeru/Iori, Hikari/Miyako, Ken/Daisuke. An old kid, veteran (Takeru, Hikari, Ken) paired with a new one (Iori/Miyako/Daisuke).

Each Digimon we got with those pair ups was to emphasize the newer kid, not the older one.

Paildramon is more V-mon and Daisuke than Ken/Wormmon.

Sylphimon is more Miyako/Hawkmon than Hikari/Tailmon

Shakkomon is more Iori/Armadimon than Takeru/Patamon...kinda.

Also all Digimon have alternate evolutionary paths. I mean even Patamon can naturally evolve to Angewomon. Patamon > Angemon > Angewomon. lol

I can't remember right off for the others, but for Daisuke and Ken...

XVmon + Stingmon > Paildramon

Stingmon + XVmon > Dinobeemon

Notice how for the evo sequences XVmon, Ankylomon, and Aquilamon were first? Their parts are strongest I guess and like I said, it was to represent the newer kid. I'm sure that if Stingmon was first we would've gotten Dinobeemon.

I can't recall any right off but Tentomon has a path where he can evolve to Paildramon, Dinobeemon, and Angewomon. I think he can evolve to Skullgreymon too. There are others but I recall these most. I do know that Tentomon can also evolve to Digmon and Submarimon. I think Ankylomon too.

Greymon + Kabuterimon > Paildramon
Kabuterimon + Kuwagamon > Dinobeemon
Kabuterimon + Monochromon > Angewomon

Oh and Submarimon + Digmon can get you MegaSeadramon.

As for confirmed Megas (ultimates) for the show's characters (and my PSP Digimon Adventure RPG game) I think they were...

Piyomon > Birdramon > Garudamon > Hououmon

Tentomon > Kabuterimon >AtlurKabuterimon > Heracles Kabuterimon

Palmon > Togemon > Lilymon > Rosemon

Gomamon > Ikkakumon > Zudomon > Marine Angemon or either Pleisomon (this was debated years ago, but I'm sure for Jou's Gomamon it's Marine Angemom)

Patamon > Angemon > Holy Angemon > Seraphimon

Plotmon > Tailmon > Angewomon > Holy Dramon (I think it might be Ophanimon for the game but for the anime Holy Dramon...she can evolve to both)

So yeah, Digimon have many evolutionary paths. Some natural (like the Adventure kids' paths) or either a special circumstance (like the 02 group).

I'm not sure if it still exists, but you should look up Megchan's Digimon Encyclopedia.
Old 10-02-2014, 10:36 PM   #134
Ninjinister
無問題

Last I checked, that portion of her site was mirrored elsewhere and only a lyrics wiki and a general manga scanslation blog remained.
Old 10-03-2014, 12:54 AM   #135
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Sucks I lost contact with Grace. I used to talk to her all the time.

Anyway, I found the mirror you mentioned...

http://shiningevo.ultimatedigimon.co...yclopedia.html
Old 10-03-2014, 01:10 AM   #136
Ninjinister
無問題

I'm the entire reason for the bottom section of this page

http://shiningevo.ultimatedigimon.co...lenniumon.html

Such a looooong story.
Old 10-03-2014, 02:22 AM   #137
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
I'm the entire reason for the bottom section of this page

http://shiningevo.ultimatedigimon.co...lenniumon.html

Such a looooong story.
Wow. If I ever go back to my future Adventure/Tamers crossover, I'll keep that in mind.

For anyone semi-interested, here's a brief synopsis...
Quote:
The year is 2029, two years after the Adventure epilogue. Strange assaults are occurring in the human world, but who is responsible for them? Can Taichi and the others stop the upcoming Digital World crisis with help from the Tamers?
Anyway, I shall warn you now. This fic is going to be quite lengthy since it's going to take place for a few months, unless I decide to end it earlier than that. Mimi moves back to Odaiba with her son, and he is trying to adjust to the ways of Japan. Each child (almost, anyway) will end up having some kind of a personal problem or conflict, and that just happens to be Mimi's son's problem, his not wanting to move to Japan. Not to worry, though. The adult Chosens will have their share of problems too. Mimi's just happens to be having to put up with her son's complaining about not wanting to live in Odaiba.

I know you all are expecting a bit more, but there definitely will be. The adult Chosens aren't the only ones who will appear in this fic, but the adult Tamers as well. It's going to primarily be a cross-over fic. There's trouble going on in the Digital World again, and both sides have to fix it, for the most part, but you'll see. One of the children of the Chosens has a direct connection to it, ironically. Everyone will have to work together to fight against an upcoming crisis. Which Tamers characters I use are still undecided, but Ryou is a definite since he's connected to both Adventure and Tamers, and the main three (Takato, Ruki, and Jenrya/Jianliang).
I originally started it about 10 years ago, but it was taken down and I got the urge to go back to it a couple of years ago, but those who used to email me about it all the time kinda lost interest, understandably so.

Oh and if anyone is interested in a character profile description..

https://m.fanfiction.net/s/7767543/3/

...only the Adventure/02 group so far though.

Edit: Oh and for Hikari's family, I picked the names for a reason...

Quote:
Oh, I wanted to mention something regarding Hikari's entire family. Every single name has a star, sun, or light reference…

Hoshino (Star field) + Hikari (Light) = Star field of light.

Hoshino (Star field) + Haru (遥) to (斗) = Star field of the distant Ursa Major (or Big Dipper/Bear). Haruto, using these particular characters would mean this as there are different ways to write out Haruto, but I wanted this meaning specifically.

Hoshino (Star field) + Kou (光) ki (輝) = Star field of shining light. Well, that's how I'd translate it anyway and that's the meaning I wanted. Just like with Haruto, there are other ways to write out the name Kouki.

Last edited by ssjup81; 10-03-2014 at 02:52 AM.
Old 10-03-2014, 05:25 PM   #138
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
God I hate that term with an extreme hatred and passion as Jogress makes a heck of a lot more sense given that they're data-based anyway. Joint + Progress. They "join" to "progress" to the next stage of evolution. You also have to remember that the 02 stuff was based on the D3, D-Terminal, the Wonderswan games (Ken), and card games out at the time in Japan.

Also it made sense for the match ups to be Takeru/Iori, Hikari/Miyako, Ken/Daisuke. An old kid, veteran (Takeru, Hikari, Ken) paired with a new one (Iori/Miyako/Daisuke).

Each Digimon we got with those pair ups was to emphasize the newer kid, not the older one.

Paildramon is more V-mon and Daisuke than Ken/Wormmon.

Sylphimon is more Miyako/Hawkmon than Hikari/Tailmon

Shakkomon is more Iori/Armadimon than Takeru/Patamon...kinda.

Also all Digimon have alternate evolutionary paths. I mean even Patamon can naturally evolve to Angewomon. Patamon > Angemon > Angewomon. lol

I can't remember right off for the others, but for Daisuke and Ken...

XVmon + Stingmon > Paildramon

Stingmon + XVmon > Dinobeemon

Notice how for the evo sequences XVmon, Ankylomon, and Aquilamon were first? Their parts are strongest I guess and like I said, it was to represent the newer kid. I'm sure that if Stingmon was first we would've gotten Dinobeemon.

I can't recall any right off but Tentomon has a path where he can evolve to Paildramon, Dinobeemon, and Angewomon. I think he can evolve to Skullgreymon too. There are others but I recall these most. I do know that Tentomon can also evolve to Digmon and Submarimon. I think Ankylomon too.

Greymon + Kabuterimon > Paildramon
Kabuterimon + Kuwagamon > Dinobeemon
Kabuterimon + Monochromon > Angewomon

Oh and Submarimon + Digmon can get you MegaSeadramon.

As for confirmed Megas (ultimates) for the show's characters (and my PSP Digimon Adventure RPG game) I think they were...

Piyomon > Birdramon > Garudamon > Hououmon

Tentomon > Kabuterimon >AtlurKabuterimon > Heracles Kabuterimon

Palmon > Togemon > Lilymon > Rosemon

Gomamon > Ikkakumon > Zudomon > Marine Angemon or either Pleisomon (this was debated years ago, but I'm sure for Jou's Gomamon it's Marine Angemom)

Patamon > Angemon > Holy Angemon > Seraphimon

Plotmon > Tailmon > Angewomon > Holy Dramon (I think it might be Ophanimon for the game but for the anime Holy Dramon...she can evolve to both)

So yeah, Digimon have many evolutionary paths. Some natural (like the Adventure kids' paths) or either a special circumstance (like the 02 group).

I'm not sure if it still exists, but you should look up Megchan's Digimon Encyclopedia.
Its headpspinning to think of all these divergent paths instead of defined evolutionary line.Tentomon becoming Angewomon and Zudomon becoming MarineAngemon as far as diverged evolutionary paths don't make sense to a big fan of the first three anime seasons. I will have to check out who the Digidestined's partner's final forms would be by using google images using the above information.

Its hard to think that the dna digivolution would not have been defined as far as the digipartners that would meld. That is why I though it odd for Patamon and Gatomon to pair up with unknowns at the time they were actively digivoling fighting Apoclaypomon's creations. Aqumon and Gabumon soon after melded before the other three were even known. Perhpas I am just edigging into too much? Its also news to me that Ken was prexisting of his days as the pawn Digimon Emperor. I know that Ryo was a prexisting character though. Agreed that dna dumb term to use since they are data in their primary forms.

No further information yet on Adventure 03 aside from Tai at 17? Any guesses if it will be the 8 Digidestined or those four new kids involved as well? I also wonder how digivolution will be handled so Wargreymon,MetalGaurumonand the 6 Ultimates are not taped into to trounce evil force.
Old 10-03-2014, 08:50 PM   #139
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Its headpspinning to think of all these divergent paths instead of defined evolutionary line.Tentomon becoming Angewomon and Zudomon becoming MarineAngemon as far as diverged evolutionary paths don't make sense to a big fan of the first three anime seasons. I will have to check out who the Digidestined's partner's final forms would be by using google images using the above information.
Holy Dramon and Seraphimon have already appeared in the series. Movie 3, but it was brief.

The others, I'm positive were confirmed at the time. For the Digimon Adventure RPG game, however, Tailmon can evolve to Ophanimon, if I'm not mistaken. I still haven't finished the game yet. Their about to get into the Vamdemon/VenomVamdemon stuff, but I left off trying to level everyone more. I'd just finally gotten Togemon to evolve to Lilymon the first time.
Quote:
Its hard to think that the dna digivolution would not have been defined as far as the digipartners that would meld. That is why I though it odd for Patamon and Gatomon to pair up with unknowns at the time they were actively digivoling fighting
Maybe, at the time, there wasn't anything for them to evolve to, but it made sense not to, as they'd already had their time to shine in Adventure. It was Daisuke, Miyako, and Iori's time. In all honesty, though, I love that there are so many paths. It makes fic writing more interesting.
Quote:
Apoclaypomon's creations. Aqumon and Gabumon soon after melded before the other three were even known. Perhpas I am just edigging into too much?
Maybe. lol
Quote:
Its also news to me that Ken was prexisting of his days as the pawn Digimon Emperor. I know that Ryo was a prexisting character though.
Ryo is friends with Ken. I mentioned Ken was a game character, I'm sure earlier in this thread. V-mon and Wormmon are too. I own the following games and a Wonderswan Color, but haven't played in years, so going by memory.

The first game only had Ryo though (Anode/Cathode Tamer). Took place December 31, 1999. He was partnered up with Taichi's Agumon. All of the Chosen Children were kidnapped, I think and he had to get a group together to defeat Milleniumon. I remember vaguely not being able to evolve Agumon as Ryo wasn't his partner.

The next game (Tag Tamers), Ryo was visiting Ken and both ended up in the Digital World because they were summoned (more so Ryo) to deal with another problem.

This would've taken place shortly after the events of the second movie because both witnessed the battle between Omegamon and Diablomon (which was spring of 2000, probably March).

There was another Diablomon on the loose and the one to summon them was V-mon (the one you see in 02 later). The two go and that's how Ken met Wormmon. For this adventure, Ryo is paired with V-mon. The Diablomon was just used to lure Ryo back to the Digital World because a non-evolved V-mon beat Diablomon. I thought the game was faulty when that happened. lol. Anyway, it was Milleniumon's doing.

Ryo and Ken ended up separated by Milleniumon and that's when Ken first met Wormmon.

Now the next part is vague, but the two do meet up again. This game dealt with Digimentals. They had to gather shards or something. Just think of the original Legend of Zelda, Link had to collect the 8 pieces of the Triforce and put it back together. I forgot which Digimental it was. It wasn't any of the ones featured in 02.

So the two face him but he's Moon=Milleniumon...and they defeat him...forgot how, but that's also when he released the those Dark Seeds, and being the "kind" one, he saw it going towards Ryo and pushed him out of the way and taking it, thus being infected. This was in 02. The person with Ken was Ryo in the flashback in that ep.

The next game was D-1 Tamers. Ken is in the game, but isn't playable. He's sick for it because of the prev game and Ryo was visiting him. Ken mentioned something about an email or a quiz or something, and after he did it he was sucked back to the DW. Forgot the details. Like why there was a tourney to begin with. Oh yeah! Ryo did talk to Ken throughout the game on his D-Terminal, if I remember right. The Adventure kids were in this game also battling to help take out the bad guardian, and in all honesty, I only remember Koushirou and Mimi. Main reason I remember Mimi (and why I like Ryo x Mimi) is because she flirted with him after you beat her. lol

Long story short, it's Moon=Milleniumon again who has an obsession with killing Ryo. Oh and for this game I think V-mon, Wormmon, and Taichi's Agumon was back and you could use them.

After the battle though, something happened, and Ryo and Moon=Milleniumon ended up going through a portal or something, and of course Ken and Gennai were worried, but Ken believed Ryo was still alive.

Next game was Brave Tamer. This is the game where Ryo finally gets his own partner. He wakes up in a jungle like area in the DW by a Monochromon, but I think he had no memories or maybe he bumped his head. The Monochromon took him to ENIAC. Forgot the story, but Moon=Milleniumon evolved to ZeedMilleniumon and turned out that Ryo never had his own partner was because Milleniumon was his true partner but Monochromon was like, "Oh no he's not! I am!" They ended up merging and and a Digiegg was the result. So with the egg the ENIAC comp gave Ryo a choice of returning to his dimension or another as ENIAC had connections to alt worlds. He chose to go to a new one for some odd reason, hence the implied connection to Digimon Tamers.

Fic wise, this is something I wanted to change a bit, like Ryo's memory loss...sort of and I still wanted to use Milleniumon as an enemy, but this is where I'm blocked.

That aside it's interesting that every single bad thing was caused by Milleniumon. He's the one to release Apocalymon who created the Dark Masters. He infected Ken. He created Diablomon.

Quote:
Agreed that dna dumb term to use since they are data in their primary forms.
I hate changes like that as it was unnecessary. The kids told Koushirou about the "Jogress" thing and he said maybe it meant Joint Progress. The Japanese version used this...in English. Why change a combined English word to something that can't apply.
Quote:
No further information yet on Adventure 03 aside from Tai at 17? Any guesses if it will be the 8 Digidestined or those four new kids involved as well? I also wonder how digivolution will be handled so Wargreymon,MetalGaurumonand the 6 Ultimates are not taped into to trounce evil force.
Welp, you got to nade-nade to find out. lol

Last edited by ssjup81; 10-03-2014 at 10:22 PM.
Old 10-03-2014, 09:30 PM   #140
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

I saw the new fan polls, why is Matt so popular? I never really liked the guy, I liked Ken more than him.

I'm also surprised at the fact how popular the Tai x Sora pairing is, I thought some one here said it was just dub that it was popular with
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
digimon