The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 10-02-2017, 08:19 PM   #1
Fishface
Foot Soldier

Worst episodes of the whole series?

I see a list for the best episodes, it what about the complete opposite. Since the shows now officially over, what were the lowest episodes for you guys and be rating them. I'll also rate each season based on all 26 episodes they have.

Here are my personal low blows:

Season 1: 9.5/10

Parasitical: Not really a bad episode, it was decent, but it was however the first time we had ever had a giant long hiatus and fans at this time were wondering when the episode would come out. When it finally came, after an enternity later, it wasn't up to our expectation. We expected this episode to be LEGENDARY if we were to wait that long but it was only "good" at best. Honestly, a good episode, but wasn't worth the wait. Thankfully, the episode that followed, which we had to wait another hiatus for, Operation: Breakout, was an AWESOME episode and well worth the wait, heading into the Season 1 Finale and into Season 2. 7/10

Cockroach Terminator: Not really a bad episode, but it was just kind of, well....gross, although it was very good character development for Raph. 6/10

The Pulverizer: Do I even have to say much more on how mediocre this episode was? 5/10

It Came From the Depths: Not a bad episode, but not a good one either. It did introduce the ALMIGHTY AND AWESOME BADASS Leatherhead but it was just a bore to watch, not much action and I can still barely remember the plot. 5/10

Season 2: 9.2/10

Vengeance is Mine: A rather weak episode, mutating Karai was a STUPID idea since the whole idea of turning her back just became a mess and honestly was not the best episode. 6/10

Plan 10: Switching Bodies, interesting concept but this episode is just forgettable, not to mention April and Casey switching bodies which inspired a whole bunch of Rule 34 artwo- yeah, lets not go there...... 6/10

Mazes and Mutants: I actually don't dislike this episode as much as most people do, I quiet enjoy this episode. It's just filler but I quiet liked the idea of the Turtles taking a break and just being, well, teenagers, albeit weird ones dressing up but still a nice episode. Just not as strong as most episodes in Season 2 were. 7/10

Mikes gets Shellachne :Where do I even begin? Not only is this one of my most HATED episodes of the WHOLE SERIES it is also one of the worst episodes in the Turtles franchise. The stupid nonsensical plot of Mikey get achne was just gross and don't even get me started on mutating Dogpound. That's a rant for another list. The only good part was Baxter Stockman getting a more prominant role from this episode onwards. Anyways, horrible episode, deserves a 2/10

Season 3: 7/10

The Fourfold Trap: While a nice concept, the episodes execution was terrible. Plus that nonsensical storyline of Snake Karai comes back and it just confuses me. Although it had some nice ideas, not one of my favourites. 6/10

The Deadly Venom: Just a boring episode. Nothing interesting happens. It made me fall asleep. Karai' storyline is so messed up and jumbled that I even stopped caring at this point and just gave up. It was so boring this episode. I probably found Donnie's head being a pineapple more interesting than watching it. Not bad, just boring. 4/10

Race with a Demon: Same with the episode above ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ 4/10

A Foot Too Big: This episode, this friggin' episode, had potential. Man did they screw it up. Donnie is just a complete idiot, April is just annoying and I just felt bad for Big Foot after he/she/it heard all those mean things said about him/her/it even though it was still a struggle to watch this episode with Bigfoot causing so much trouble. I just cringed at that part. Anyways, not nearly as bad as what people say about it but not a good episode. 4/10

Season 4: 5.9/10

The Power Inside Her: So, you'd think once they would reach the hot 100 mark, they'd actually do something decent? Maybe a crossover with the 2003 turtles, maybe the Triceratons return, maybe Kraang Prime is back, maybe the Turtles go back in time once again, maybe meeting their past selves from the events of the first episo- I don't know! You'd think once they had reached the One Hundreth episode, the show would have LEGENDARY episode for us..........NOPE! Instead this episode had focused, not Shredder, not the Kraang, and not even anything interesting like that. It focused on April's powers. -13/10

The Evil of Dregg: Worst episode of the whole series! -26/10

The Ancient Aeons: Pretty much started a ****** storyline. 2/10

Broken Foot: Forgotten this episode already. 5/10

Season 5: 6/10 (So Far......)

Haven't seen th season in its entirety so can't really make a judgement just yet.

Last edited by Fishface; 10-03-2017 at 05:06 PM.
Fishface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 09:01 PM   #2
Powder
So tired of this place

Anything involving Mona Lisa.

& the Tanuki episode of the Usagi arc. Wasted the time we had with Usagi by going for annoying "funny" gags with a random monster thrown in. Shoulda used that time to have Usagi/Leo bond, deal more with Jei (or a different kind of Yokai).

Didn't care for Timmy, Snake Karai, or magic April, but overall have had very few complaints with the series.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 09:17 PM   #3
Shiro Kame
Foot Clan Mutant Renegade

Every filler episode of the whole series! They wasted time, and introduced new characters that never got their storylines finished.

Shiro Kame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 09:50 PM   #4
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiro Kame View Post
Every filler episode of the whole series! They wasted time, and introduced new characters that never got their storylines finished.
The fillers were there exactly because they had extra episodes to make and a large chunk of them were highly entertaining but a few. What characters never had their storylines finished? Unless you're wondering about Spiderbitez thrilling lifestyle, I made a thread showing how every main character had their story resolved prior to the 50 year timeskip:

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=58828
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 09:53 PM   #5
oldmanwinters
Overlord

"The Deadly Venom" where Splinter taught Leo the "healing hands" technique and it basically cured everything. And then was never utilized again.

A show that introduces this and then forgets about it has no business making fun of a show that resolves plots with magic mothballs.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 09:56 PM   #6
CyberCubed
Overlord

Season 1 was consistently good, but the Cockroach Terminator ep was a weaker episode. Leatherhead's first episode was fantastic, and the first Pulverizer episode was not only funny but it's also the first episode Fishface gets his legs and fights the Turtles. I thought it was a great episode, even if the character was intentionally made to be annoying.
Old 10-02-2017, 10:10 PM   #7
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The fillers were there exactly because they had extra episodes to make and a large chunk of them were highly entertaining but a few. What characters never had their storylines finished? Unless you're wondering about Spiderbitez thrilling lifestyle, I made a thread showing how every main character had their story resolved prior to the 50 year timeskip:

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=58828
You should be locked from threads like these so people can voice their opinions without you rushing in to either make excuses for the show or 'correct them' because their opiniins don't match yours.

Take a break man.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 10:15 PM   #8
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist

I really hated the Mutation Situation, such a drop in quality from season 1's writing.
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 10:23 PM   #9
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
You should be locked from threads like these so people can voice their opinions without you rushing in to either make excuses for the show or 'correct them' because their opiniins don't match yours.
I just made a post saying how I made a list of how most important characters had their stories resolved. The fillers didn't take away from anything. If you honestly think people can't discuss things on forums now, c'mon. We might as well not interact with each other at all.

I'd probably say the worst ep of the whole series was that Bigfoot episode in Season 3. I mean you can probably find an episode more dull I guess, but that episode was really what gave the Northampton eps a bad name. The rest were fairly decent.
Old 10-02-2017, 10:26 PM   #10
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

I hate HATE Broken Foot, it may not be the worst episode ever but it just PISSED me of. If you want know why I hate it check out the episode thread
Old 10-02-2017, 10:28 PM   #11
Fishface
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I'd probably say the worst ep of the whole series was that Bigfoot episode in Season 3. I mean you can probably find an episode more dull I guess, but that episode was really what gave the Northampton eps a bad name. The rest were fairly decent.
In all honesty, I still think the worst episode was the Evil of Dregg. Terrible episode and Mona Lisa just sucked here.
Fishface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 10:35 PM   #12
CyberCubed
Overlord

I don't remember the Shellachne one being bad outside of the designs on Mikey's face, but I admit to not liking Dogpound's design so I'm glad he was changed to Rahzar. Had we been stuck with Dogpound the whole series that would have been lame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
I hate HATE Broken Foot, it may not be the worst episode ever but it just PISSED me of. If you want know why I hate it check out the episode thread
Hm, really? I don't remember that was one being bad. Granted I'm going to have to rewatch it as I've only seen most of the eps once. I should get there in my rewatch in about 2 months or less.
Old 10-02-2017, 10:37 PM   #13
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishface View Post
Mona Lisa just sucked here.
Nick Mona Lisa sucks everywhere
Old 10-02-2017, 10:38 PM   #14
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
Nick Mona Lisa sucks everywhere
I thought she was at her best in Season 5, they even toned down the crush aspect there.
Old 10-02-2017, 10:40 PM   #15
Vicky82
Emperor

Cockroach Terminator
Pizza Face
A Foot Too Big
The Weird World Of WYRM
The Future Arc

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 11:26 PM   #16
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

I thought most (if not all) of the space arcs’ episodes were pretty bad. Same for the Northampton ones.

In particular, the episode with the Punk Frogs and the one with Apri’s fake mom were one’s I couldn’t stand.

And any episode that focused on April’s powers was one I disliked.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 11:45 PM   #17
Kit31
Foot Soldier

The one episode that stood out to me as being really ridiculous was "Pizza Face". Others I didn't care for were "A Foot Too Big" (which I didn't hate like a lot of people did), "Plan 10", "Buried Secrets", "Monkey Brains", "Invasion of the Squirrelanoids", "The Mutation Situation", "Casey Jones vs. the Underworld", "The Weird World of Wyrm", and "Mikey Gets Shellacne".

There might be a few others, but I'll have to rewatch the series first. I didn't actually hate a single episode. Some took me more times viewing first before I really started to get into them, but all of them ended up being enjoyable to a point. Above is just a list of ones that stood out to me as being sub-par as a whole.

Last edited by Kit31; 10-02-2017 at 11:53 PM.
Kit31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 11:46 PM   #18
newfan
Mad Scientist

Well this one is easier for me than trying to narrow down my top 10.
Not many I don't like to be honest.
I didn't care for Pizza Face or the Mondo gecko
Some of the space ones were not may fav but they were okay and others I liked.
The following weren't terrible but I just don't care about them
Mutagen Man Unleashed
A china town ghost story
Wyrm

I did like some of the fillers, they also give some rest from the pain plot, shows do that a lot.

Last edited by newfan; 10-03-2017 at 04:33 AM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 11:53 PM   #19
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

I would like to pretend that seasons two through five had never happened.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 12:17 AM   #20
BYWInsaniac
Thug

#1 - Tale of Tiger Claw - The Casey storyline was a total bust and ate time that could have been used on Tiger Claw and Alopex

#2 - The Evil of Dregg - I like the story, I just don't think it all clicked in the end

-JJ
BYWInsaniac is offline   Reply With Quote