Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 10-25-2021, 08:15 AM   #1
hypered1
Mad Scientist

January 2022 Solicitations

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #125

Spoiler:

Sophie Campbell (w/ca) • Pablo Tunica (a)

The Turtles come face-to-face with a territorial group – the Punk Frogs! Will Mutant Town crumble when the two sides collide? Meanwhile, a new villain emerges AND the return of the Triceratons! A new era of TMNT starts here!

FC • 32 pages • $3.99 • Available January 12, 2022.
Old 10-25-2021, 08:32 AM   #2
CyberCubed
Overlord

Pros: Story might actually move forward now due to the Triceratons and it would be hard to ignore the Utroms with them living together on the same island. The Punk Frogs look cool here as well.

Cons: Summary says we’re still in mutant town.

Baby steps, I guess?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 11:43 AM   #3
ChosenOne
Banned

If that new villain turns out to be IDW Chien Khan, at long last, I'll forgive all the furriness and aimlessness of the current run.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 01:27 PM   #4
Zog The Magnificent
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
If that new villain turns out to be IDW Chien Khan, at long last, I'll forgive all the furriness and aimlessness of the current run.
If the good story ever comes back, I'll be grateful that I can enjoy it again, but I'm not sure I'll ever fully forgive them for wasting over two years of my time in the first place.
Zog The Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 01:50 PM   #5
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

is it just me but are the triceratons the "Klingons" of the tmnt universe?

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 02:20 PM   #6
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypered1 View Post
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #125

Sophie Campbell (w/ca) • Pablo Tunica (a)

The Turtles come face-to-face with a territorial group – the Punk Frogs! Will Mutant Town crumble when the two sides collide? Meanwhile, a new villain emerges AND the return of the Triceratons! A new era of TMNT starts here!

FC • 32 pages • $3.99 • Available January 12, 2022.
Looking forward to this new take on the Punk Frogs, At the end they'll side with the Turtles.
Old 10-25-2021, 03:14 PM   #7
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Looking forward to this new take on the Punk Frogs, At the end they'll side with the Turtles.
I would like to say that I'm interested in seeing how close the OG Frog's personalities are to the '87 versions, but it's been a loooong time since I last saw that episode.
Old 10-25-2021, 03:27 PM   #8
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewarrior20 View Post
That's what they've always been since the Mirage series when Peter Laird created them in 1986. The Federation was also loosely based on the Empire from Star Wars. Triceratons sense of honor is directly ripped from Klingons and General Mozar and Prime Leader Zangramon are based on Klingon generals and leaders.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 03:35 PM   #9
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
I would like to say that I'm interested in seeing how close the OG Frog's personalities are to the '87 versions, but it's been a loooong time since I last saw that episode.
The OG Punk Frogs had southern accents and didn't sound like punks, So hopefully they are literally punks this time.
Old 10-25-2021, 03:37 PM   #10
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Triceratons sense of honor is directly ripped from Klingons
Can that be, though? In 1986, the only "modern Klingons" anyone had seen were in Star Trek: TMP and Star Trek III. It wouldn't be until a couple of years later in TNG that we'd meet what we now know of as the honorable Klingons and all that. Because before that, the TOS Klingons weren't honorable at all.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 04:11 PM   #11
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Star Trek did not necessarily invent the proud alien warrior race thing, you can find similar ideas going at least as far back as Flash Gordon. Maybe you're just making that comparison because your pool of references is a little too small? In fairness, casting Michael Dorn as Mozar was probably not a coincicence but I think they went with Michael Ironside as Zanramon to reference Darkseid, so I don't think it's that easy to just lump this sort of concept in as some derivative of the Klingons.

And I think it's been said already, the Klingons weren't exactly "Honor-Fight-Honor-Fight-Honor-Death and eat living flesh" until TNG just kind of decided that's what they were.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 04:31 PM   #12
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Star Trek did not necessarily invent the proud alien warrior race thing, you can find similar ideas going at least as far back as Flash Gordon. Maybe you're just making that comparison because your pool of references is a little too small?
my pools not so small, check out my theater even i haven't watched a 1/3rd of what i have. https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarri...ga-collections , but you can't see and remember everything though, like the last time i watched next generation was over 10 years ago from getting the seasons from the library. although i will say i am enjoying lower decks.

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
Old 10-25-2021, 04:59 PM   #13
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
my pools not so small, check out my theater even i haven't watched a 1/3rd of what i have. https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarri...ga-collections , but you can't see and remember everything though, like the last time i watched next generation was over 10 years ago from getting the seasons from the library. although i will say i am enjoying lower decks.
Lower Decks is excellent and I'm cautiously optimistic about Prodigy but that may be because I've always been quite fond of Voyager.
Old 10-25-2021, 05:28 PM   #14
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Lower Decks is excellent and I'm cautiously optimistic about Prodigy but that may be because I've always been quite fond of Voyager.
Lower Decks is painfully unfunny and Prodigy looks like Guardians of the Galaxy but with a couple of VOY holograms along for the ride.
Old 10-25-2021, 09:20 PM   #15
Zog The Magnificent
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Lower Decks is painfully unfunny and Prodigy looks like Guardians of the Galaxy but with a couple of VOY holograms along for the ride.
In general, all Star Trek made past the conclusion of Enterprise isn't worth a damn.
Zog The Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 10:41 PM   #16
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zog The Magnificent View Post
In general, all Star Trek made past the conclusion of Enterprise isn't worth a damn.
There hasn't been any, so that's an easy one.
Old 10-26-2021, 03:46 AM   #17
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
... It's a little hard to make out because of the glare and how zoomed out it is, but from what I can tell the vast majority of what you have here is anime, manga, comics and cartoons from the past 40 years. The exceptions seem to mostly be live-action Sci-Fi and Fantasy, even then most of those exceptions are on VHS, which implies you obtained them 20 years ago at most. How much of your collection contains novels, non-fiction, documentaries, drama films, material from outside the US or Japan, or even stuff that predates 1980? It's fine to have particular tastes it's just that if almost all of what you consume fits into a certain box, I'm not sure it actually qualifies as variety.

Also, don't upload artwork made by other people just because someone on 4chan drew it on your request, especially not if the artist is anonymous and you didn't get permission. People might think you're the artist if they don't read the description, they might also be annoyed since it doesn't help them identify the artist because you often fail to give proper credit beyond the disclaimer that you aren't the artist. Just link the artist's blog or something in a shout out blog post, if you can't find the artist's gallery then you should just leave it be because you can't identify the artist yourself. This might seem harmless but most artists would prefer it if you viewed it on their own galleries, not some re-upload that fails to credit them.
Hahahaha!
Old 10-26-2021, 04:02 AM   #18
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post

Also, don't upload artwork made by other people just because someone on 4chan drew it on your request, especially not if the artist is anonymous and you didn't get permission. People might think you're the artist if they don't read the description, they might also be annoyed since it doesn't help them identify the artist because you often fail to give proper credit beyond the disclaimer that you aren't the artist. Just link the artist's blog or something in a shout out blog post, if you can't find the artist's gallery then you should just leave it be because you can't identify the artist yourself. This might seem harmless but most artists would prefer it if you viewed it on their own galleries, not some re-upload that fails to credit them.
Actually I do try and give them credit, most have said they prefer to stay anonymous or if I can't find their gallery I link it to the sites area with their names in the 4chan gallery. It's also why I put them in the folder commissions and requests i've had done.
Old 10-26-2021, 04:09 AM   #19
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Actually I do try and give them credit, most have said they prefer to stay anonymous or if I can't find their gallery I link it to the sites area with their names in the 4chan gallery. It's also why I put them in the folder commissions and requests i've had done.
But that's the problem. If can't identify them and get permission, you shouldn't do it at all.
Hahahaha!