The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 12-24-2016, 12:20 AM   #1
Allio
Foot Elite

Shantae - Game Series

So I have just finished all four games of Shantae and I want to discuss them.

My favorite game probably has to be Pirate's curse. Favorite girl is Rotty Tops. Favorite character is Squid Barron. Favorite Boss is Giga Mermaid.

while I enjoyed the original itself, I found the whole "Warp Squid" aspect very tedious as you had to find 4 squids to activate one.
Old 02-27-2017, 10:46 PM   #2
turtle1237
Stone Warrior

Shantae, working on the new game. Its pretty fun and funny at times. Counterfeit Mermaids, who comes up with ideals like that.
turtle1237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 04:05 AM   #3
turtle1237
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
So I have just finished all four games of Shantae and I want to discuss them.

My favorite game probably has to be Pirate's curse. Favorite girl is Rotty Tops. Favorite character is Squid Barron. Favorite Boss is Giga Mermaid.

while I enjoyed the original itself, I found the whole "Warp Squid" aspect very tedious as you had to find 4 squids to activate one.
I love Rotty Tops, even going so far as calling Shantae snack cakes, being a zombie and all lol. But I think Shantae or Risky Boots are my favorite. Its not the warp squid that bother me in the first game, its the outer world going from city to city. The Monsters show no mercy lol. Lots of health potions to get there alive and no lives lost on the trip. Cream helps also.
Old 03-08-2017, 11:16 PM   #4
turtle1237
Stone Warrior

Almost done beating the first game on my GBC or in this case the GBA.

And I notice something kinda of odd. I think there is a unlimited lives cheat. Go to any dungeon that's has 1st ups, the first dungeon has 3. And get em. exit and the pots will reset with the items. So re enter the dungeon and grab the first ups gain. I cant believe I didn't notice this. In and out getting 3 lives at a time. Shantae cant die.
Old 03-08-2017, 11:23 PM   #5
Cryomancer
Mad Scientist

I played through all 4 late last year. Pirate's Curse is probably the best one. I like Risky and Ammo Baron.

It's a fun series. It's nice how it keeps plot/character threads going from game to game.

Final Boss of translation group Opentrain.
We do videogame comics and TMNT stuff.
http://opentrain.theyear199x.org/
Cryomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 04:43 AM   #6
turtle1237
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
I played through all 4 late last year. Pirate's Curse is probably the best one. I like Risky and Ammo Baron.

It's a fun series. It's nice how it keeps plot/character threads going from game to game.
Yeah I playing 1 and 2 about at the same time lol. Getting though all 4 games is the plan. On the ps4 of Risky's revenge, I just help the Ammo Baron in a way. That silly Mayor sold the town deed to Ammo Baron lol. That was funny lol. Renames the towns Ammo Town, declares himself the new Mayor, and pretty much recruits you in his army because you are now a citizen under his empire . The whole thing is pretty funny.

A shame Curse and Revenge had a limit physical run for the ps4. Yeah you can download them from the shop. But I spend 120$ each for the ps4 disc version of the games because now there out of print. Funny the GBC game 1 could be worth over 500-600 $. Shantae games worth some money lol.
Old 03-09-2017, 06:28 AM   #7
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

A fun game series, with good story overall. The platforming feels good in every title.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote