The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 02-21-2018, 03:34 PM   #181
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by drag0nfeathers View Post
Seems to be the going rate. All the others I got from BBTS also say China market on them. I just thought maybe when they came in stock at at BBTS they would have a few extra to sell.
Same:/ I am jumping on the turtles late. I loved the shredder and casey but skipped the turtles...until that damn April came out...

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 05:20 PM   #182
drag0nfeathers
Stone Warrior

I've got 3 out of 4 turtles and am thinking I'll spring for shredder or casey with my next bonus from work. April... I'm iffy on her. If funds allow and she's around when I have extra money I may grab her, but she would be last if so.

Someone on ebay has one listed for $350 BIN Ugh! I can't do it... not that high...

Thank you to evan2000 for the AWESOME gif! <3

Last edited by drag0nfeathers; 02-27-2018 at 06:43 PM.
drag0nfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 09:36 PM   #183
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I've got 3 out of 4 turtles and am thinking I'll spring for shredder or casey with my next bonus from work. April... I'm iffy on her. If funds allow and she's around when I have extra money I may grab her, but she would be last if so.

Someone on ebay has one listed for $350 BIN Ugh! I can't do it... not that high...
Pretty sure Lunar is still selling April for 165. Someone is anyway cause I just bought her for that not long ago.

Anyway- I have everyone except my Raph in hand and hes kind of a turd to find.

So far I have only opened the Shredder and the April. I am basically buying this whole line off of opening that Shredder figure. The April is good-I really like it, but dont expect anything amazing out of the ankle joints.

Overall I think this is great line so far, but I dont have much feedback on turtles yet.

Old 02-28-2018, 07:53 AM   #184
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Raph was the only turtle I had to exchange due to QC issues. The "foaminess" of their plastrons combined with people pressing them into the boxes at the factory apparently before the paint dried resulted in some annoying big fingerprint marks in the paint.

Leo had it too but it was not as bad and can be hidden under his cross belts so I didn't raise a fuss about that.

Maybe lots of people had this problem with Raph and sent them back, hence his scarcity? At any rate, because of that, I'd be leery of paying anybody scalper prices for one knowing it might show up the same way...or at least I'd be mentally prepared to accept it if it did.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 01:37 PM   #185
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Finger prints? And they'd release them like that? Given the price I'd expect better quality control. Guess it was for the best that they're too big for me. If they released a 6" version I might have been pretty tempted.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 08:17 PM   #186
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
Raph was the only turtle I had to exchange due to QC issues. The "foaminess" of their plastrons combined with people pressing them into the boxes at the factory apparently before the paint dried resulted in some annoying big fingerprint marks in the paint.

Leo had it too but it was not as bad and can be hidden under his cross belts so I didn't raise a fuss about that.

Maybe lots of people had this problem with Raph and sent them back, hence his scarcity? At any rate, because of that, I'd be leery of paying anybody scalper prices for one knowing it might show up the same way...or at least I'd be mentally prepared to accept it if it did.
Well heres hoping that eBay buyer protection can help me over in China haha

Old 03-02-2018, 05:07 PM   #187
drag0nfeathers
Stone Warrior

I actually touched up the plastrons on both my Donnie and Mikey. Same issue, fingerprints or something like that looking icky. Leo had a similar issue, but also I could hide it under the cross belts.

That seller let me buy his for a best offer so we shall see. No photos of him unboxed. Crossing my fingers.

Old 03-02-2018, 09:29 PM   #188
dragonside
Hench Mutant

Quote:
I actually touched up the plastrons on both my Donnie and Mikey. Same issue, fingerprints or something like that looking icky. Leo had a similar issue, but also I could hide it under the cross belts.

That seller let me buy his for a best offer so we shall see. No photos of him unboxed. Crossing my fingers.
finger prince? lol from animaniacs.
dragonside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 01:12 PM   #189
Coro
Mad Scientist

My Raphael fell through. If anyone has access to getting one I would be willing to pay well or trade stuff from the store. I also posted this over in B/S/T thread.

Thanks!

Help a guy out!

Old 03-09-2018, 09:50 PM   #190
DVD
Mad Scientist

PM sent.
Found a few , but only one at a reasonable price.
Happy to pick up today if price is agreeable. Oh, it’s a brand new one.
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 11:01 AM   #191
drag0nfeathers
Stone Warrior

Awe that sucks Coro. Hopefully DVD can help you out.

I got mine from ebay and I had good luck. Paid more then I would have liked, but it's done and I have one now.

Old 03-28-2018, 08:29 PM   #192
Zog
Hench Mutant

Is there a shortage on Raph figures? Seems to be the only one sold out and not even on ebay.
Zog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 09:39 AM   #193
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zog View Post
Is there a shortage on Raph figures? Seems to be the only one sold out and not even on ebay.
Yes there is. I have hunted this hard, even getting DVD involved (a member here that lives in China with great connections to these) and I am having trouble. At one point I had my sales reps from 3 different distributors searching for these things for me, and at least 1 of those guys I actually trust to have looked. This thing will be gold at some point I am sure, although I will be opening mine for my personal collection.

Luckily I found someone that just had their pile of loot arrive from BBTS and they decided they dont want to be in the 1/6 scale anymore so I might have that one to fill this gap in the collection. Its all down to BBTS and if they ship is securely enough at this point, and I have pretty high confidence in BBTS. They are great and the company that I try to emulate with my own business.

We will see as time will tell.

Old 03-31-2018, 09:27 PM   #194
Zog
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro View Post
Yes there is. I have hunted this hard, even getting DVD involved (a member here that lives in China with great connections to these) and I am having trouble. At one point I had my sales reps from 3 different distributors searching for these things for me, and at least 1 of those guys I actually trust to have looked. This thing will be gold at some point I am sure, although I will be opening mine for my personal collection.

Luckily I found someone that just had their pile of loot arrive from BBTS and they decided they dont want to be in the 1/6 scale anymore so I might have that one to fill this gap in the collection. Its all down to BBTS and if they ship is securely enough at this point, and I have pretty high confidence in BBTS. They are great and the company that I try to emulate with my own business.

We will see as time will tell.
Interesting. Well I do hope more comes in. I am afraid to get the other three if Raph will be missing. I guess I will try to keep an on it.
Old 04-06-2018, 06:06 PM   #195
Coro
Mad Scientist

BEHOLD! He is found!

To the eBay user Hitman3984 Thank you so much! His not wanting to keep the 1/6th scale line collection saved my bacon! Support him if you can-he was a pleasure to deal with.

Old 04-14-2018, 07:12 PM   #196
DVD
Mad Scientist

Glad to see you got one.
I can call off the hunt ....
On that, I was disappointed that a number of people I contacted here didn’t even bother to get back to me. I have drawn a conclusion that the line has been totally dropped as far as second waves are concerned. Anyways, really pleased you got one. He is s great figure - more so when he completes a set !!
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 06:19 PM   #197
TurtlePower85
Random Punk

So, you suspect that the Cerebral Big Boss (krang) is a no go?
TurtlePower85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 12:58 PM   #198
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD View Post
Glad to see you got one.
I can call off the hunt ....
On that, I was disappointed that a number of people I contacted here didn’t even bother to get back to me. I have drawn a conclusion that the line has been totally dropped as far as second waves are concerned. Anyways, really pleased you got one. He is s great figure - more so when he completes a set !!
Thanks for looking though. Really appreciate the effort. Aside from me messaging a random eBay user, you were the only person that put effort in and that means a lot to a collector. Now if I can just get this basement leak fixed so I can put my shelves back up again.

Old 06-17-2018, 10:09 PM   #199
Zog
Hench Mutant

Anyone know anything about a restock?
Old 06-18-2018, 12:15 AM   #200
newfan
Mad Scientist

I only came across the Dream Ex figures recently by accident, that Shredder just looks so awesome
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote