The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 02-27-2015, 05:41 PM   #41
senpai
Stone Warrior

As a kid watching the 80s cartoon, it was Raphael. Because he wore a red mask and red's my favorite color. Then, as I got older, I'm like 'hey, Raph's funny!' And then as other versions came out, I started to realize that Raph is a huge buttface with anger issues. I didn't understand this until I started reading the comics. Raphael's my favorite turtle fo sho ^-^d But it's sometimes really hard to choose when all of the turtles are just so awesome! Leo and Mikey are a very close second depending on which version.
senpai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 03:58 AM   #42
Ceres
Stone Warrior

In the OT Cartoon it was Shredder and Krang as well Rocksteady and Bebop but also Baxter was pretty nice but i prefered his Comic appearance, it just fit better to him as the whitewashed Version. Also his personality was way more interesting in the IDW Comics. Way more sinister.

From the Comics i liked Karai pretty much as well Quanin(the Father of Krang), weird way i not really liked the Comic Version of Krang, i prefered the Cartoon one.

Else from the good guys i say Raphael as i can relate to his Anger issues and Aggression on certain situations.

"Shredder, why don't you make love to me anymore?"
Ceres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 04:42 AM   #43
Mew
Banned

Mike, Raph, Krang!
Mew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 11:00 PM   #44
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Krang - both Fred Wolf and IDW - has really pulled me in, to the point that I've developed more on him for my tmnt concept than any other character. Which is a terrible situation for me to be in.

I enjoy Ch`rell if only for how hilariously one-note his goals are. It makes me wish we'd been given a more fleshed out backstory to better understand them. To the level that Baxter Stockman got.

Though, it wouldn't be wise to put IDW Krang and Ch`rell in the same room. That would take less than ten minutes to turn ugly.

As for turtles, I feel the need to lean toward Donatello in most versions.
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 03:16 PM   #45
Casey
Stone Warrior

Mirage Vol. 1: Tie between Casey and The Rat King
From the OT: The Rat King
TMNT 1990: Probably Splinter because of how awesome Kevin Clash and the Henson Creature Shop were as a team, but also Mikey (even though my all time favorite turtle is Donatello... I just hate Corey Feldman playing him).
Mirage Vol. 4: Mikey
IDW: Alopex
Nick: Donnie (except for how far they've gone with his April obsession)

I know I didn't comment on the other movies in the tetralogy, Image comics, Next Mutation, 2K3 or the new movies, but that's because I'm either not familiar enough with these parts of the franchise or simply don't care as much about them.
Old 01-21-2017, 03:39 AM   #46
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Donatello. Knowledge of science and technology, and he would always question "hocus pocus" I never believed in (like ghosts, witches or even Santa Claus).
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 06:41 PM   #47
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

The kind of person he is; all that integrity, his values, his perspectives, his approach to things/life, what he stands for, strives for, and where he stands within himself as a person and determined to be true to that and work hard to be the best he can be... Just something so admirable in that. And often relatable.

When the others in the last film would be saying "Lets all be human!" he's the one essentially saying, "Hell no. These are the cards I was dealt in life, and I'm going to play them the best I can; no cheating." He won't take the easy rout if it doesn't feel right to him, instead he'd carry the burden and climb the mountain to gain from it later. Admire the heck out of that.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 05:21 PM   #48
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
http://i.imgur.com/KrAnrUB.gif?1
The kind of person he is; all that integrity, his values, his perspectives, his approach to things/life, what he stands for, strives for, and where he stands within himself as a person and determined to be true to that and work hard to be the best he can be... Just something so admirable in that. And often relatable.

When the others in the last film would be saying "Lets all be human!" he's the one essentially saying, "Hell no. These are the cards I was dealt in life, and I'm going to play them the best I can; no cheating." He won't take the easy rout if it doesn't feel right to him, instead he'd carry the burden and climb the mountain to gain from it later. Admire the heck out of that.
Amazing description, and I agree. Leonardo is also my overall favorite, and I basically love him best in all the different incarnations.
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 02:02 PM   #49
Markwyatt
Banned

My favourite character is Mirage Raph.
Markwyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 02:18 PM   #50
Guile
Banned

1987 Shredder, with 1987 Krang as a runner-up. They are very funny together.
Guile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 11:14 PM   #51
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

I can't believe I missed out on this thread since coming up two years ago!

Anyways, favorite Turtle depends on the incarnation. More often than not, it's Raphael. I always feel he's got some of the best ideas for storytelling and moments between him and either Michelangelo or Casey Jones are some of my favorites. The placement of Donatello, Leonardo, and the aforementioned Michelangelo depends on version; Mikey and Leo are often neck and neck for second on my end.

As for secondary, I'm going to give a vote to Leatherhead. Can't go wrong with the bestial gator himself. Mirage and with what I've seen so far, IDW, are the definitive picks for me.

All time favorite TMNT character though (unless challenged in the future) is Baxter Stockman.
Old 07-20-2017, 04:07 AM   #52
ninjawolf10
Random Punk

Splinter is my overall favourite, but I really like Raphael too particularly the 2003 show
ninjawolf10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 08:37 PM   #53
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

Donnie is my fav turtle
But if I had to go with a non turtle I would say ray
Old 11-11-2018, 12:09 PM   #54
JJJonesSuperRad
New Recruit

Talking

I love Casey I got a soft spot for him. Him, Mikey, 2003 Usagi, and Renet are my fav.
Old 11-26-2018, 09:19 PM   #55
TheShredder777
Random Punk

I'm a Shredder guy, myself. I have also always loved Granitor, Leatherhead and Usagi. It's hard to pick a favorite.

TheShredder777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 01:28 AM   #56
Kenshiro
New Recruit

Michelangelo 2003 and Shredder from the first movie .

- T.M.N.T what you get is what you see -
Kenshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 06:40 PM   #57
SimplySatire
Mouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshiro View Post
Michelangelo 2003 and Shredder from the first movie .
Yes. This. Me.
Old 07-01-2019, 06:43 PM   #58
SimplySatire
Mouser

I loved every single character (even the bad guys) in 2003 tmnt, but 2012 splinter is great. I'd say for most comics, Don's my favorite turtle. In the 2018 it's Don too. But the 2003 Don reigns supreme. My favorite character is Mikey (2003, IDW) but Don is the one character I haven't seen anyone **** up yet, so he SHOULD be my favorite lol. It's either Mike or Don but since I can't chose, I'll say Klunk
Old 07-08-2019, 01:06 PM   #59
Mr Salk
Thug

Baxter Stockman has always had a soft-spot. He looks great hanging from a rearview mirror.
Mr Salk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 01:11 PM   #60
80gmrp
Foot Soldier

I don't think it'll take long for those looking at my profile to figure out who my favorite character is...

As for second favorites, probably most incarnations of Donnie. We both are sort of tech geeks, for one.