The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 10-26-2020, 05:46 PM   #1
funatic
Mad Scientist

UTMNT 1 & 2 stretch goals as part of writer's new Kickstarter

There's currently a kickstarter going for a book called Boondoggle, same writer that created one of my favorite TMNT fan comics: Ultimate TMNT (www.utmnt.com). If he reaches some lofty stretch goals on this new book he'll make a 3rd printing of the hard to find UTMNT #1, and a 1st printing of the unreleased UTMNT (featuring a cover by Jim Lawson).

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/2990492

The price to get his new book is pretty decent though if you pledge within the next 15 hours and get the Early Bird discount. That would only be $25 total (free shipping?!) for his new book and the 2 issues of UTMNT (the first of which often goes for over $50 on ebay for the earlier printings) if we hit the stretch goals. If you're just in it for the UTMNT you can always drop your pledge before then at no cost, but his new book looks fun as well.

I'm not associated with this project at all just want to get the word out as I'd love to get my hands on UTMNT 1 and 2 for a decent price. I read #1 online and art and story were really impressive!
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 07:34 AM   #2
Diorm
Hench Mutant

First Time I heard of this one. When was it release?
Might give this a look.

Yesh... shipping to Canada is 30$ US...

But when is my last chance to drop the pledge?

Last edited by Diorm; 10-27-2020 at 08:08 AM.
Diorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 07:42 AM   #3
Luckyday
Mad Scientist

Both the 2012 Nick show and idw comic are already the ultimate marvel versions of the property so I am wondering what they can do set them apart other then taking things from the establish TMNT mythos and giving them a modern twist?
We’re not unicorns!
WE’RE WOMEN AND WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!
-Wendy Corduroy, Gravity Falls

Last edited by Luckyday; 10-27-2020 at 07:47 AM.
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 08:17 AM   #4
Diorm
Hench Mutant

Is that what Ultimate means? I tough it was just a cool title
Old 10-27-2020, 10:24 AM   #5
funatic
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diorm View Post
First Time I heard of this one. When was it release?
Might give this a look.

Yesh... shipping to Canada is 30$ US...

But when is my last chance to drop the pledge?
It's been around awhile. The 2nd print of issue 1 was funded in 2015. Started as a webcomic though I think that's all been taken down now.

You can drop your pledge any time up until the last second, unless it would happen to drop them below the goal, then it has to be 24 hours before. I'd say the day before to play it safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyday View Post
Both the 2012 Nick show and idw comic are already the ultimate marvel versions of the property so I am wondering what they can do set them apart other then taking things from the establish TMNT mythos and giving them a modern twist?
Yeah it's not the best title, and honestly feels more like Mirage Tales v2 than anything, though they've mixed in elements of Archie. Leatherhead, for instance, was Jess Harley in this universe.
Old 10-27-2020, 11:21 AM   #6
Diorm
Hench Mutant

Sad to say, but it seems unlikely they can make it. Maybe the TMNT comics may help them a little but in 20 days, they gained 13 000. It's a fair amount, but the goal is 37 609. Even if you double what they already got, in 19 days left, it wont be enough. They need better publicity to make it happen
Old 10-27-2020, 06:10 PM   #7
funatic
Mad Scientist

Yeah that's why I'm trying to spread the word. Probably better places to do it than these old forums though.
Old 11-04-2020, 06:39 AM   #8
Shedder
Hench Mutant

This project seems to have really stalled out which is too bad cause I really wanted copies of these 2 books. Been looking for a copy of #1 for a long time
Shedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 11:38 PM   #9
funatic
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedder View Post
This project seems to have really stalled out which is too bad cause I really wanted copies of these 2 books. Been looking for a copy of #1 for a long time
Yeah I think his $ goal was way too ambitious. If he did a smaller kickstarter just for the UTMNT issues I think he could meet it, but I'm sure it's legally safer to have them be stretch goals instead of the product paid for, and I can respect him wanting to focus on his original material first.
Old 11-05-2020, 01:02 AM   #10
AquaParade
Banned

Does anyone remember when there was a fan comic being done here with the same name, like, 15 years ago?
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 06:22 AM   #11
Diorm
Hench Mutant

The kickstarter was canceled yesterday.

Quote:
What is next, if the Kickstarter doesn't get funded?

There are a few options out there. Some of them I am keeping close to the vest, mostly because I'm a superstitious fool and don't want to jinx anything but rest assured, at least for a little while, we will update here occasionally to let you know whats going on with it. You were interested in what we were trying to do, and the whole point of Kickstarter is to share with you the creative journey, good and bad, and whatever it may hold. I feel that holds just as true if the project is successful Kickstarter wise vs not successful (see: fully funded).

I will add that there is one option we are currently investigating, one that is... a surprise for sure, and I don't want to count my chickens just yet, but it could be a VERY good thing.

So take heart, and stay tuned to this space. We'll keep updating occasionally to let you know whawhat'sts going on with our little project next.
So yeah. I wonder if there will be any physical release for the UTMNT 1 7 2 in the futur...