The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 02-09-2016, 01:46 PM   #601
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Yeah, I know. And a simple agreement to allow character cross-pollinization of the studios' films without rewriting of the backstory would negate the need for pointless and ridiculous retcons in the comics- which ARE the source material, after all. Movies should follow the established comics, not the other way around. I'm NOT a fan of retcons, because more often than not, they cause needless confusion and complication of character arcs and story plots that havecoften been in continuity for decades (and usually piss off fans in the process). QS and SW are a prime example. Essentially, it limited Marvel to using "imposter" versions of both, or two characters who resembled their original counterparts only in name and power-set, with none of the backstory and associations that actually make them who they are. Since it is the comic fans who are going to be both prime audience and most discerning critics, it behooves them to try to keep their core fanbase (IE the people most likely to go see the movies of favorite characters) happy. As opposed to making arbitrary decisions to alter this or that character for use in movies, just to appease a "rival" studio (when they SHOULD be partnering to capitalize on the market by making characters available to both equally without alteration).

And doing so just to fit a character into an existing movie world without using their history or ancilliary characters is just- silly. Might as well use Miles indstead of Peter if going that route, for a very pointed example of taking a character "in name only", which is what ends up happening at one end or the other of situations like the Maximoffs'. There absolutely needs to be more direct cooperation between studios for things like this to work when dealing with a huge stable of co-existing characters like the comics MU- or DCU, for that matter.

I guess I prefer to look at the bigger picture and how these things affect the future of the entire franchise, in movie and comic format, over the long term. Fox could do so much more with the X-Men if they gave the IP creators the freedom to incorporate them, and do likewise themselves with characters Marvel still owns but isn't currently using- or that they just want to "borrow" for a scene or two. Cinematic synergy, that would probably improve the overall profits of both, as fans would be more likely to see an X- Men film with Wolverine in WWII, if they knew Cap would show up! Or see a Cap movie with a WWII flashback that involves Logan. Or Spidey in an FF film partnering with Johnny. Or an episode of Daredevil with Deadpool in it. The possibilities would be endless. As long as they could agree to share with equity. Maybe they could work up a sort of "character contract" for actors playing certain characters so they would be able to work for whichever studio was using said character, regardless who owns the rights to the character, without changing contracts. Just throwing out some ideas.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 07:11 AM   #602
ToTheNines
[sic]

Pencils and inks preview of Eastman's #5 cover:

Spoiler:
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 07:14 AM   #603
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Pencils and inks preview of Eastman's #5 cover:

http://tmnt-ninjaturtles.com/assets/20160214_142036.jpg
each of his covers seems like he's getting back into his groove zone!
Old 02-16-2016, 01:47 PM   #604
Jay $tarkiller
Stone Warrior

hell yeah..finally the Casemeister
Old 02-16-2016, 02:03 PM   #605
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

So... Batman's gonna cross over to TMNT NYC?
Old 02-16-2016, 02:09 PM   #606
ToTheNines
[sic]

Don't think so. The #5 solicit said something about the GCPD arresting CJ, so he ends up in DC-land somehow.
Old 02-16-2016, 02:22 PM   #607
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Don't think so. The #5 solicit said something about the GCPD arresting CJ, so he ends up in DC-land somehow.
I don't think I've seen the #5 solicit; link?

EDIT: Never mind, I found it... bizarre. I wonder how Casey ended up over here?
Old 02-16-2016, 03:04 PM   #608
cookie jar
Hench Mutant

BATMAN/TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES #6
Spoiler:

The crossover event of the year comes to its thrilling conclusion. The Turtles have one last, desperate shot at going home. But will they take it, knowing what nefarious plans Shredder has for Gotham City? It’s full-on ninja warfare as our heroes go up against the combined forces of the Foot Clan and the League of Assassins. Co-published with IDW.
cookie jar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 03:06 PM   #609
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie jar View Post
BATMAN/TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES #6

The crossover event of the year comes to its thrilling conclusion. The Turtles have one last, desperate shot at going home. But will they take it, knowing what nefarious plans Shredder has for Gotham City? It’s full-on ninja warfare as our heroes go up against the combined forces of the Foot Clan and the League of Assassins. Co-published with IDW.
Extremely interesting...
Old 02-16-2016, 03:13 PM   #610
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Williams does a wonderful Shredder, he looks so intimidating.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 03:27 PM   #611
ToTheNines
[sic]

Hell yeah man. This has been my dream team up for years and I did not expect them to touch the Assassins. Very excited.
Old 02-16-2016, 04:03 PM   #612
CyberCubed
Overlord

I wonder how they're going to wrap this all up in only 3 more issues. I get the feeling its going to get extremely rushed.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batman