The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 10-04-2015, 12:46 PM   #1201
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranthus View Post
I'm really not liking the sunglasses. I'm sure the screwdriver will return but I don't know when.
ya lots of people hate the sonic sunglasses. I am sure the screwdriver will come back. They gotta make 12th his own and stop using 11th's. Besides the screwdrivers sell toys.
Old 10-04-2015, 01:02 PM   #1202
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

"Under the Lake" was amazing; really reminds me of "Mummy On the Orient Express" in terms of where it's going (the ghosts aren't monsters, they're driven by an unknown purpose) and style... which is fine by me, as that episode has become my go-to all-time favorite episode of nuWho.
Old 10-04-2015, 01:14 PM   #1203
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder

So, guys, I just started watching Doctor Who and all I can say is that I want someone to decapitate Rose.
Foombamaroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 01:33 PM   #1204
Amaranthus
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foombamaroom View Post
So, guys, I just started watching Doctor Who and all I can say is that I want someone to decapitate Rose.
Donna Noble is the only good NuWho companion and that's it.
Amy and Rory were a cheesefest and Clara was so annoying previous season.
Amaranthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 02:05 PM   #1205
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Oh god yes, especially during series two.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 02:54 PM   #1206
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Oh god yes, especially during series two.
Oh god.
She gets worse?
How is that possible?!
Old 10-04-2015, 03:13 PM   #1207
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Oh god.
She gets worse?
How is that possible?!
She and The Doc are in proper lurrrrrve by that point (well, at least from her end, they don't quite "say it" with The Doc but it's pretty evident). I've found the best eps from that series ("School Reunion", "The Girl In The Fireplace") are ones where the women involved in them really outperform her both in acting and in terms of chemistry with The Doctor. Watch out for those when you can.

Spoiler:
Thing is, though she's gone by series three, she casts a long shadow and Ten does'nt get over her for a whole year at the expense of another companion who fancies him.
Old 10-04-2015, 04:23 PM   #1208
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I like the sunglasses myself. They're cool.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 05:07 PM   #1209
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder

I figured out the one character I hate more than Rose.
Rose's mother.
Mother of the Demon.
Old 10-05-2015, 04:59 AM   #1210
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Big Finish will be covering the Time War in a range of new audios, starting with a series of box sets featuring John Hurt reprising his role as the War Doctor. The first set will be available in December.

An Eighth Doctor Time War set will also eventually be made showing the beginnings of the war.

http://www.bigfinish.com/ranges/comi...the-new-series

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 10-05-2015 at 07:00 AM.
Old 10-10-2015, 03:42 PM   #1211
ZariusTwo
Overlord

"Before the Flood"

Spoiler:
A great resolution, with actual consequence. No "everybody lives" ass-pull resolution at the end. Actual consequences. The Doctor called out on the testing of his theory. About the only underwhelming thing was Fisher Price..erm...King, impressive design, but all talk. Wish they'd shown him killing Prentice and O'Donnel rather than it be off-screen. And of course it had to be The Doctor who caused the flood
Old 10-11-2015, 08:03 AM   #1212
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Spoiler:
I thought this episode was okay for the most part. The hologram part with the Doctor's ghost was a bit confusing even as he explained to Clara about it. I still liked it though for the most part. That Fisher King was one ugly guy, but it doesn't surprise me that he was behind the whole thing. Overall, an okay episode though not as exciting as others. Still, I did like when he played the guitar. That was my favorite part.

Old 10-12-2015, 08:31 PM   #1213
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Eh. Just a halfhearted "eh" and listless roll of my shoulders.

Damn, that was not as good as the first half. "Before the Flood" felt really underwhelming compared to "Under the Lake." The only part that really felt worth it was when the ghost of Moran was hunting the deaf lady in the tunnel with the ax.

Other than that... Holy Rani, do I ever love Peter Capaldi with an electric guitar. The man is bodacious.
Old 10-13-2015, 12:37 PM   #1214
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Yep, that was my favorite part, too, with the electric guitar. That man can rock!

But I agree that the rest just felt very "meh" to me especially when the Doctor was telling Clara about the hologram version of him. Felt very anticlimatic there. I would have rather it be his ghost foretelling his death in some fashion. Very lame.

Old 10-13-2015, 12:42 PM   #1215
Amaranthus
Banned

I'm really liking this season so far. If you took Missy away from the opening two-parter it would've been great. Of course Clara is annoying like usual but I've gotten used to it.
Amaranthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 12:42 PM   #1216
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Yep, that was my favorite part, too, with the electric guitar. That man can rock!

But I agree that the rest just felt very "meh" to me especially when the Doctor was telling Clara about the hologram version of him. Felt very anticlimatic there. I would have rather it be his ghost foretelling his death in some fashion. Very lame.
It felt like all the thought and creativity went into the first part, and Toby Whithouse didn't have any clear idea on WHAT the ghosts really were, WHAT created them, HOW the Fisher King did this, WHO the Fisher King really was, WHY the Fisher King wanted to conquer Earth, HOW the Fisher King fooled everyone into thinking he was dead...

Wow, that is a LOT of unanswered questions about that episode. One or two I can overlook, but NOTHING about that episode's driving purpose made sense.
Old 10-17-2015, 04:19 PM   #1217
ZariusTwo
Overlord

This week's ep fell flat to me. Hardly a story there at all. Monsters just sat there and took their punishment. Maise did'nt do fudge all until the last ten minutes, and even all that took was..sitting down.

I really want to retcon the "baby speak" as The Doctor talking to himself and just excusing it as a baby speaking. That worked so well for him with the "Can't see me" speech in Deep Breath.
Old 10-18-2015, 07:59 AM   #1218
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I thought this week's episode was funny for the most part. Loved how they flashed back to previous Doctors and how the Doctor realized why he was there and what he had to do. I do agree that Ashildr didn't do much, but what she did do was pretty cool. Too bad she died, but I'm glad the Doctor saved her as I liked her, and it looks like she'll be in the next episode, too. Loved how the Doctor named the soldiers, too. Just a fun episode all around.

Old 10-18-2015, 08:39 AM   #1219
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Yeah, the callback to "The Fires of Pompei" was a very well acted scene and the highlight of the episode for me.

Also, Benny Hill. I did'nt like most of the episode, but that bit just did me in
Old 10-18-2015, 09:57 AM   #1220
Mayhem
Foot Elite

The whole bit about why the Doctor has the face he does this time, has been running as a fan theory for a while. That he has taken some, if not many, faces on regeneration because he has seen them before. Which is true, if you stretch things out to include such instances as the First Doctor meeting 2-5 during the Five Doctors episode, Colin Baker shooting Five during Arc of Infinity (or the Two Doctors featuring Two and Six), Ten meeting Eleven recently, Five meeting Ten during the Comic Relief episode, and so on.

About the only person not included thus would be Nine. Maybe that's why he was so surprised to see the face, and was checking it out in the mirror so much in the first episode of the new Who

Tags
doctor cuck, doctor karen, progress, rtd2, toxic masculinity