The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2019, 08:44 AM   #361
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,096
https://m.ign.com/articles/2019/02/1...-saved-by-hulu

A matter of time and maintaining the showrunner?
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 10:26 AM   #362
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 29,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
https://m.ign.com/articles/2019/02/1...-saved-by-hulu

A matter of time and maintaining the showrunner?
Article is wrong, Marvel doesn't need to wait for the merger (which I'm surprised... February and still not sealed?). If Hulu is down for it -- and they said they are -- Marvel could buy out the contract with Netflix and put it there tomorrow. By the time season 4 would come out the merger would already be complete and they'd have the majority share in Hulu to profit from the show airing.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 11:08 AM   #363
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Article is wrong, Marvel doesn't need to wait for the merger (which I'm surprised... February and still not sealed?). If Hulu is down for it -- and they said they are -- Marvel could buy out the contract with Netflix and put it there tomorrow. By the time season 4 would come out the merger would already be complete and they'd have the majority share in Hulu to profit from the show airing.
Except for the 2-year no-compete clause.

Once it's off Netflix, any of the Defenders' shows have to have a 2-year cooldown period...
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 01:59 PM   #364
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,096
https://www.cbr.com/save-daredevil-b...es-square/amp/

Dedication brings hope. #SaveDaredevil
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 09:24 PM   #365
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
I know I'm super-late to the party, but I'm finally starting Season 3 of Daredevil after finishing my rewatch of everything previous. (The Daredevil stuff in Defenders was great, but Jessica and Luke really didn't contribute much. At most, it could've been a Daredevil/Iron Fist crossover.)

Anyway, already hooked! Wilson Fisk is still a badass. The weight room debacle was great. And this new take on Bullseye is interesting! In the middle of Episode 2 so far...
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 12:54 AM   #366
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 29,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
I know I'm super-late to the party, but I'm finally starting Season 3 of Daredevil after finishing my rewatch of everything previous. (The Daredevil stuff in Defenders was great, but Jessica and Luke really didn't contribute much. At most, it could've been a Daredevil/Iron Fist crossover.)

Anyway, already hooked! Wilson Fisk is still a badass. The weight room debacle was great. And this new take on Bullseye is interesting! In the middle of Episode 2 so far...
You ever going to give Punisher S2 a proper shake?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 07:40 PM   #367
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
You ever going to give Punisher S2 a proper shake?
Man, I still can't buy the idiocy and lack of any self-preservation instinct of that girl. You keep ragging me, maybe.

Also, finally met Dex. At first I thought Nadeem was going to be a non-white take on Bullseye, I guess because I expected to meet Bullseye in the first episode. This is much more believable, and I'm excited to see an inevitable showdown between two FBI agents.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 08:52 PM   #368
Storm Eagle
Saved by
 
Storm Eagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 3,229
I'm finally catching up on this (and a few other shows in my Netflix streaming queue) now that my shows are on hiatus for the summer, and I come here and see that this thread is resurrected again. I've got three more episodes to go and I look forward to seeing how this ends.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 09:19 PM   #369
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Just finished the whole prison riot sequence. Daredevil is truly Dark Knight levels of awesome. I need all three seasons on DVD or BluRay, stat.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 09:51 AM   #370
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Finished Season 3 last night. That three-way fight between Bullseye, Fisk, and Daredevil was just truly epic.

It's nice that at least one Defender character lived up to his potential for all three seasons. All the other shows/characters kinda limped along, fizzled out, or never even caught on in the first place.

But we had three epic seasons of Daredevil, and Foggy and Karen, too.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 11:12 AM   #371
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 29,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Finished Season 3 last night. That three-way fight between Bullseye, Fisk, and Daredevil was just truly epic.

It's nice that at least one Defender character lived up to his potential for all three seasons. All the other shows/characters kinda limped along, fizzled out, or never even caught on in the first place.

But we had three epic seasons of Daredevil, and Foggy and Karen, too.
I dug S3 but I definitely don't dig how they did the "let's go back to basics" before they'd even grown Daredevil to where Daredevil needed to be.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 11:16 AM   #372
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I dug S3 but I definitely don't dig how they did the "let's go back to basics" before they'd even grown Daredevil to where Daredevil needed to be.
What would you have done differently?
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 11:19 AM   #373
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 29,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
What would you have done differently?
Mainly, I wouldn't have lost Daredevil's costume, or I would have had him get a new and improved one before the halfway mark of the season. And Bullseye in costume by the end, not teased for a "next time" that may (and will) never come.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 11:19 AM   #374
AquaParade
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I dug S3 but I definitely don't dig how they did the "let's go back to basics" before they'd even grown Daredevil to where Daredevil needed to be.
Season 3 was my favorite. I think the way they ran with the first two seasons was stellar, but I'm interested to hear your perspective here.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 11:22 AM   #375
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I dug S3 but I definitely don't dig how they did the "let's go back to basics" before they'd even grown Daredevil to where Daredevil needed to be.
Is it the justification they used, or the concept in general?

Also, is it me, or does Karen Page feel a little bit like April O'Neil in that the show keeps giving her all these interesting jobs even though... what, she has a 4-year literature degree and I think that's it?

But she's a private investigator, a journalist, a member of the legal team... ONE of those I could buy, and there's certainly something to be said for experience. But out in the career world, this seems like a pretty big stretch to me.

Just feels a lot like "now April's a kunoichi, who repairs alien tech in her spare time when she's not reporting the news or selling antiques!" Just a lot less cringey than April.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 11:38 AM   #376
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 29,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Season 3 was my favorite. I think the way they ran with the first two seasons was stellar, but I'm interested to hear your perspective here.
I dug the hell out of 1 and 2. 3 just seems a bit like... "let's strip Daredevil down to where he was at the beginning of season 1... vs. the Kingpin again." And the whole season is so cyclical it even returns Kingpin to prison!

I mean, it's not bad, it's even pretty great at times. But it's more of the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Is it the justification they used, or the concept in general?

Also, is it me, or does Karen Page feel a little bit like April O'Neil in that the show keeps giving her all these interesting jobs even though... what, she has a 4-year literature degree and I think that's it?

But she's a private investigator, a journalist, a member of the legal team... ONE of those I could buy, and there's certainly something to be said for experience. But out in the career world, this seems like a pretty big stretch to me.

Just feels a lot like "now April's a kunoichi, who repairs alien tech in her spare time when she's not reporting the news or selling antiques!" Just a lot less cringey than April.
A decent comparison. Or like, Iris on Flash.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 11:44 AM   #377
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I dug the hell out of 1 and 2. 3 just seems a bit like... "let's strip Daredevil down to where he was at the beginning of season 1... vs. the Kingpin again." And the whole season is so cyclical it even returns Kingpin to prison!

I mean, it's not bad, it's even pretty great at times. But it's more of the same.

A decent comparison. Or like, Iris on Flash.
If we never saw Kingpin again, I feel like Season 3's "retread" works fine.

Or... I can't help but wonder if Vanessa was supposed to become the big bad of Season 4. That could have been very interesting, with Bullseye coming after her.

I am disappointed we never saw Bullseye in a real costume. But the Daredevil imposter stuff made sense for what they were doing.

Oh, Iris on Flash is a great comparison. Exactly.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 11:44 AM   #378
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 29,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
What would you have done differently?
Scroll up (on the previous page).
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 05:54 AM   #379
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 29,031
So there's an answer on the lack of the evil Asian ninja clan being allowed to be Asian:

https://www.darkhorizons.com/daredev...r-mishandling/

I'm a little skeptical on this, though. Insomuch as the way Loeb's motives are painted. I personally believe he was motivated more from "OMG! Everyone is freaking out that we has the evil Asian ninja clan actually be evil! No more of that! I don't want any blowback!" And these leakers are speaking from a certain motivative place.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 11:52 AM   #380
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,096
Anything officially in the works since it has been 2 years since the awesome season 3 wrapped and there is a set up for season 4 with so many willing to return and fans eager for it? I know I am. Its as gritty as I get, its wonderful characterization, and amazing action sequences. Here is to hoping it gets more than 39 episodes!
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
daredevil

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.