The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 08-20-2007, 08:50 AM   #41
Ninjinister
無問題

Hmmm... I don't have all of the comics, so I don't know... I know Don for sure is responsible for two major ones (Shredder I, Stockman) and one minor one (an Elite Guard), and Leo offed Shredder II before he became regenerated into a shark mutate... I honestly can't think of any characters killed by the Turtles other than those, though I am sure there are dozens more.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:01 AM   #42
raphael_is_cool
Mad Scientist

In a 'responsible for most casualties' sort of way I'd take a stab at Leo. Only because of the whole 'City at War' in which Leo feels responsible for the whole mess, having offed Shredder Mk. II.

Probably not what you meant but bleh.
raphael_is_cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 10:45 AM   #43
The Shelf
Mad Scientist

I'd say Leo and/or Raph have killed the most people. Don seems to be the one who kills the biggest baddies, though. He tries to avoid killing whenever possible, but the fact that he's killed the major villains proves that he'll kill only when absolutely necessary, i.e. a villain he knows will never quit being evil and will cause more harm if nothing is done to stop him. The only exception I can think of would be when he killed Baxter. He just got tired of him.
The Shelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 03:37 PM   #44
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

I would definitely say Raph has killed the most, and Mikey the least. We always hear Don kills the least, and that he's the most peaceful, but I don't remember Mikey killing anyone period. He just K.O.s 'em. Same with Don.

See, Don and Mike are more peaceful cause it's a little easier to kill people with blades than with sticks. It's also harder to NOT kill people, which is why Leo and Raph are responsible for more casualties. (Okay, one of the reasons.)

And yeah, Donny gets the big baddies, don't he?

Anyway, I think Raph has killed the most, because he doesn't have Leo's mental control. For instance, in Vol. 3 #13 and 14, he wipes out fifty-something mobsters in a bloodred haze.

That's not canon, but it is in continutity. And it's also only one example of many.
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 10:02 AM   #45
The Shelf
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphAttack View Post
We always hear Don kills the least, and that he's the most peaceful, but I don't remember Mikey killing anyone period.
Hmm, did Mike kill anyone in Tales #36? He was by himself while Leo and Raph were running around. He even told them that he took out several by himself. The question is, did he kill them or just knock them out?
The Shelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 03:06 PM   #46
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Has Raph killed anyone in Vol. 4?
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 09:15 AM   #47
Revan
Han Shot First

In Vol4 Issue 11 Don is morning splinter and he pulls out a little baggy and asks splinter for forgiveness. Was Don doing drugs to cope with splinter's death?
Old 08-25-2007, 09:37 AM   #48
ToTheNines
[sic]

How did Nobody die in Vol 2?
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 09:52 AM   #49
Scandia
Mad Scientist

Neutrino- Donatello clips some of Splinter's fur. I get the impression it is to further analyze his DNA and learn more about their mutation. I don't think it would be just for sentimental reasons like a hair locket.

I like the reactions overall they had:

Spoiler:

- Michelangelo took a swim to distract himself and release energy. He also saw a regular turtle- I can imagine him thinking about how different he and his brothers are, and what would they have been without Splinter.
- Raphael released his tension by chopping all the wood.
- Donatello clipped the fur to immerse himself more in his scientific work.
- Leonardo is the one to give the eulogy and shoot the fire arrow to the pyre. He also is the last one to leave- he is crying at the end.

Turtles fight with honor!!!
Scandia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 10:35 PM   #50
turkishproverb
Stone Warrior

I have a question.

Does anyone know why, or have proof that, Peter Laird is intent on removing Cerebus from Issue #8 of Turtles?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Raider View Post
But me, Grimlock, love Raphael! He cool, but rude!

I suspected.
turkishproverb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 10:40 PM   #51
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
I have a question.

Does anyone know why, or have proof that, Peter Laird is intent on removing Cerebus from Issue #8 of Turtles?
Yes, he said so in a letters page in Vol. 4 (possibly #9). You can read Dave Sim's response to Peter's intent here.

This thread contains this "fun" discussion.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 11:05 PM   #52
CyberCubed
Overlord

Sorry if this has been asked before, but what exactly caused Mirage to shut down their doors after Volume 2? Weren't Eastman/Laird still millionaires from all the royalties they were getting from the cartoon and toys which were still around at the time?

I really don't get why it seems like they cancelled Volume 2 because they ran out of money. What exactly happened there?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 11:08 PM   #53
Roseangelo
Emperor

Well, it was money. The Turtles were trailing off in general and it was no longer viable for them to continue publishing. I can't speak of specifics, but the money books aren't that simple. Kevin and Peter may have had a lot of money personally, but that doesn't necessarily translate to a lot of money for the company.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:44 PM   #54
turkishproverb
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Yes, he said so in a letters page in Vol. 4 (possibly #9). You can read Dave Sim's response to Peter's intent here.

This thread contains this "fun" discussion.
hnm.. interesting. shame I've never been able to find those issues, pages or pics of the letter colloomnes where these announcements took place. I would've liked to see exactly what Peter said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Raider View Post
But me, Grimlock, love Raphael! He cool, but rude!

I suspected.

Last edited by turkishproverb; 09-14-2007 at 12:00 AM. Reason: Edited to clarify.
turkishproverb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 08:33 PM   #55
Aries10
Thug

I don't know if this is the right place I should ask this. I am going to purchase a collected book from Ninjaturtles.com and I am not sure about the shipping cost I should pay. I figured someone here would probably know. Is the shipping for a collected book $1.10 since it is technically a single book? Or would it be $3.50 since it does in fact contain three issues? Any help would be appreciated.
Aries10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 08:40 PM   #56
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aries10 View Post
I don't know if this is the right place I should ask this. I am going to purchase a collected book from Ninjaturtles.com and I am not sure about the shipping cost I should pay. I figured someone here would probably know. Is the shipping for a collected book $1.10 since it is technically a single book? Or would it be $3.50 since it does in fact contain three issues? Any help would be appreciated.
Yes, I believe that is what you'd pay. I ordered 2 collected books from them a few months ago and I simply paid the 2-6 book price for shipping.

If you want to be 100% sure, though, you can email Dan Berger at fanmail@ninjaturtles.com .
Old 10-28-2007, 08:45 PM   #57
Aries10
Thug

Thanks for the quick reply. I was going to go with the 2-6 book price but I wanted to be sure. I already sent an email but I figured I would get a faster reply here. I guess I was right about that! I just want to get my order in the mail ASAP so I receive the book sooner.
Aries10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 11:29 PM   #58
Spitfire
Writer • Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
How did Nobody die in Vol 2?
In the lamest most half ass'd way I could think of.

He helps spring Raph from this military lab that was capturing aliens and experimenting on them. During the escape this giant Sarlacc rip off eats him. There's barely any mourning, their just like "Oh no" and then continue on and never talk about it. Really pissed me off. A main character like that just gets killed and they barely react to it.

I got a question since I don't feel like re-reading. Is the building the survivor we follow through out "City At War" is staying in re-built on top of the sex shop that got destroyed?
Old 11-05-2007, 04:55 AM   #59
Scandia
Mad Scientist

Around what point in the timeline did April and Casey get married? Around how old was Shadow when this happened?

Turtles fight with honor!!!
Scandia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 05:15 AM   #60
TristanHuwJones
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

That question looks as though it's going to be answered in a couple of months time Scandia, check the books of the future section on the official website

Tags
ask a question, ban etsyturtle2, comic discussion, questions