The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 03-04-2024, 09:37 PM   #21
Roseangelo
Emperor

The plot of the movie is the Turtles fight the bad guys so that they will get accepted by humans so that they can go to high school. And Splinter's girlfriend at the end is a cockroach.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 10:08 PM   #22
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I hope the movie doesn't have Shredder. I'd rather see new stuff, you can use Shredder in the tv series.
Shredder was literally in the Post Credit Scene he is gonna be in the sequel. Even The Director said he will.
Old 03-04-2024, 10:27 PM   #23
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
The plot of the movie is the Turtles fight the bad guys so that they will get accepted by humans so that they can go to high school. And Splinter's girlfriend at the end is a cockroach.
Such a good ending...
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 10:41 PM   #24
Zog The Magnificent
Stone Warrior

So if the show bridges the gap between the first and second movie, does that mean that after Cynthia hires Shredder, he proceeds to do nothing for a whole year and then makes his movie in time for movie 2? And that Cynthia, in the meantime, just sat and twiddled her thumbs?
Zog The Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 10:34 AM   #25
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Paramount really loves Rowe

https://variety.com/2024/film/news/t...al-1235930149/
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 10:41 AM   #26
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
Quote:
Paramount Animation has entered an exclusive, multi-year first-look development deal with writer, director and producer Jeff Rowe.? The pact extends the relationship between the studio and the filmmaker following the success of last summer’s “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem,” which Rowe directed and co-wrote.

The agreement?covers Rowe’s development and directing services, as well as his producing and executive producing work, on both animated and live-action projects. This includes the recently announced sequel to “Mutant Mayhem,” which ?Rowe will direct. The first movie earned more than $181 million at the worldwide box office and enjoyed strong reviews (it also sold a lot of toys, bolstering Paramount’s consumer products business).

“Jeff has been an instrumental creative force and excellent partner in breathing new life into our iconic?’Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles’?franchise,” says Ramsey Naito, president of Paramount Animation and Nickelodeon Animation. “I am so proud of the work we’ve done together and I can’t wait for audiences to experience the next evolution of our incredible collaboration.”

?“Working with Paramount and having the opportunity to reinvent the iconic ‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles’ characters has been a dream come true,” Rowe said. “I’m grateful to Ramsey and the entire team for this opportunity. It’s also my understanding that this deal will pay me in money instead of pizza, and I think that’s gonna be a real game-changer.”
Rowe will be around for a while
Old 03-05-2024, 11:48 AM   #27
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
The TMNT in HS was a feel good ending for this movie. It was well done. Now, I don't know how that can actually work in an ongoing series I don't want TMNT as HS attending superheroes but as an ending it was heartfelt and deserves.

I don't mind Splinters girlfriend as much as I'm still triggered by the genderbending of scumbug/leatherhead and black fat April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Shredder was literally in the Post Credit Scene he is gonna be in the sequel. Even The Director said he will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zog The Magnificent View Post
So if the show bridges the gap between the first and second movie, does that mean that after Cynthia hires Shredder, he proceeds to do nothing for a whole year and then makes his movie in time for movie 2? And that Cynthia, in the meantime, just sat and twiddled her thumbs?
That's why I mentioned I'd rather have shredder in the series than in the sequel. I'd love to see a new villain get the spotlight in a movie.
But I realize that's unlikely, I'm guessing the series can take place before the Shredder segment of the end of the movie. I mean those scenes with the TMNT in HS could've been a few months and that's when the show takes place.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 02:24 PM   #28
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Though two show seasons (if we're still aiming for that) seems like a bit much to set Shredder up via cliffhanger only to wait until the next film?

My guess is he's showing up in the series and the movie will be the final take down of him and whatever problems he has caused that have built up through two seasons.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 02:37 PM   #29
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Yeah I think they want to do two seasons before Movie 2, but even though I'm sure it's very tempting to use Shredder in the show, I think they want to save it for the 2nd movie so if we get ANY shredder stuff at all in the show, I'm expecting it to be minor background stuff to set up the movie. Doubt the turtles will even meet Shredder until the movie, honestly.

They are in a bit of an awkward position because Shredder has been setup and even shown as being nearby yet I really feel like they can't reveal him until the next movie because they would be shooting their big wad early, so to speak

Another way you can look at it... maybe that shot of Shredder technically was not taking place shortly after Cynthia made the call for him. It could take place like right before movie 2. Maybe getting him to show up isn't like snapping her fingers. They can easily play it that way.

All just speculation of course... I don't mind if Shredder is used in the show, I just think to maximize the movie's impact he should be introduced there.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 02:50 PM   #30
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
The plot of the movie is nothing remotely resembling what an actual TMNT story would or should be like, on any level, whether we're talking molecular or thematically.
Basically, yeah.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 04:14 PM   #31
BornAgain
Foot Soldier

Somehow I’ve warmed up to the school angle. Don’t ask me how. I don’t want it in any other iteration, but for a version that is aimed towards children, sure let’s take some risks and see if we can catch something fun and unique.

It’s the writing that I’m skeptical of. The worst part about MM, imo, is the script. It’s lazy with plot conveniences, like when April stumbles upon a motorcycle with the narrative’s “mcguffin”. Or the way they undercut tension by having the turtles sing a pop song while on the brink of death. It’s just weak.

And maybe that works for the kids and I just need to get my TMNT elsewhere. That’s fine too. But I’d like to be able to appreciate the movies so if they can deliver a better script, I could get behind the concept, due to it being backed by some pretty cool styled visuals and music.
BornAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 05:13 PM   #32
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

TMNT in school is a stupid idea no matter how you look at it.

Also, saving Shredder for the sequel would make sense as most of the audience who watched the first one in theaters won't be watching the Tales cartoon.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 07:21 PM   #33
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
The TMNT in HS was a feel good ending for this movie. It was well done. Now, I don't know how that can actually work in an ongoing series I don't want TMNT as HS attending superheroes but as an ending it was heartfelt and deserves.
F- NO.

10 characters.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 08:38 PM   #34
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Sequel movie ends, roll credits. But wait, there's a mid/after credits scene.

One of the Turtles, age 25, bolts upright in bed, sweating. All of the blurry, insane images of high school craziness, Tik Tok crime fighting videos, and other weirdness flash through his head, the likes of which only a dream fueled by an over indulgence of pizza and cheap beer could conjure up.

"Wtf was THAT." Luckily for him, none of it was real.
Old 03-05-2024, 08:59 PM   #35
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Sequel movie ends, roll credits. But wait, there's a mid/after credits scene.

One of the Turtles, age 25, bolts upright in bed, sweating. All of the blurry, insane images of high school craziness, Tik Tok crime fighting videos, and other weirdness flash through his head, the likes of which only a dream fueled by an over indulgence of pizza and cheap beer could conjure up.

"Wtf was THAT." Luckily for him, none of it was real.
But then, like in a typical horror movie, Scumbug slowly pokes his- excuse me, her head out of the covers next to the Turtle and stares up at him with lustful misaligned eyes. Before our hero can even scream, the bug mutant quickly grabs his cheeks and passionately kisses him, all the while throwing up in his mouth.

The End?
Old 03-06-2024, 06:17 AM   #36
TMNT2012
Mouser

I absolutely loved Mutant Mayhem. Excited for this & The upcoming "Tales of" coming to Paramount+.
TMNT2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 02:17 PM   #37
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabung-Gal View Post
But then, like in a typical horror movie, Scumbug slowly pokes his- excuse me, her head out of the covers next to the Turtle and stares up at him with lustful misaligned eyes. Before our hero can even scream, the bug mutant quickly grabs his cheeks and passionately kisses him, all the while throwing up in his mouth.

The End?
lol Ew.

Hey, I was innocently just trying to aim for middle ground of exploring these high school, Tik Tok generation ideas that some are okay with AND, for those who aren't feeling it, up and retconing the whole thing at the very end like it was all just a joke and bad dream.
Old 03-09-2024, 10:33 PM   #38
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
All this for a movie that barely made any profit at the box office if it made any money at all. I guess a good RT score counts for something after all otherwise they could have kept cranking out the Michael Bay produced movies.

I get that given the state of comic book movies and cinema in general the low risk/low reward of an animated movie may sound appealing it's still bothersome to me that other franchises that have flopped are getting another chance at a live action reboot while we're stuck with Recess with turtles.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2024, 05:34 PM   #39
jignat
Foot Soldier

I'd rather have a sequel to Batman vs TMNT by WB animation, but c'est la vie.
jignat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2024, 10:36 AM   #40
Jeff
Stone Warrior

Can't believe there's going to be a sequel after the first one bombed in theaters!
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote