The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 08-11-2018, 01:21 AM   #1
ZariusTwo
Overlord

A Second Simpsons Movie Is Coming

Quote:
20th Century Fox is reportedly developing a Bob’s Burgers movie, a sequel to The Simpsons Movie, and a Family Guy movie which mixes animation and live-action. The studio will partner with its sister studio, Fox’s television branch, to bring the projects to the big screen.

Fox executives are reportedly transitioning its film studio into TV production, with series in development based on Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Ice Age and Night at the Museum. Fox Searchlight has expanded into television as well.

RELATED: Bob’s Burgers Will Return for Another Season

Fox’s approach to animation will be revamped since their partnership with DreamWorks, acquired by Comcast, expired, according to Fox Chief Executive Stacey Snider.

This news comes amid the purchase of the studio’s assets by Disney which put Fox in flux. Whether the film division downsizes or closes their doors by summer of next year is unclear. Disney hasn’t addressed maintaining Fox as a movie brand or producing new films under it.

What is known is Disney will acquire the rights to Avatar and X-Men. The studio giant also reportedly intends to release movies already complete and in production once the deal is official.

Regardless, Fox is moving ahead like normal. “We’re doing the only thing we know how to do, which is put one foot in front of another,” said one executive.

Snider, however, is expected to leave once the acquisition takes hold.

(via Wall Street Journal)
https://www.cbr.com/bobs-burgers-mov...uel-announced/
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 01:26 AM   #2
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Ya saw this a little while ago. The first movie was good but I didn’t think it was as great as it could have been. Still love the show though. I’ll definitely take a sequel.

(Love Family Guy too. Billy Gardell for Peter Griffin.)
Old 08-11-2018, 04:57 AM   #3
drgon78
Mad Scientist

Well it has only been more then a decade since the last Simpson movie so why not. As for the other two I have no interest in, but I know some people that will be.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 05:13 AM   #4
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Family Guy movie will be a mix of animation and live action eh?

Old 08-11-2018, 09:19 AM   #5
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

I loved the movie when it first came out. I still enjoy the movie, but it has not aged well imo. Hopefully the sequel will be great.
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 11:24 AM   #6
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
I loved the movie when it first came out. I still enjoy the movie, but it has not aged well imo. Hopefully the sequel will be great.
The first movie needed Hank Scorpio as the villain in my opinion.
Old 08-11-2018, 05:00 PM   #7
drgon78
Mad Scientist

Hank Scorpio was too good of a boss and friend to Homer to be the villain of the movie but it would be nice to see him again.

It would be nice to have the movie focus more Bart and Lisa instead of Homer(and/or Marge).

Mr Burns would be great to have as a big time villain in the next movie.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 05:41 PM   #8
sdp
-

I've wanted a new Simpsons movie for about 2 years now, it's been over a decade so we deserve one. I didn't even love the first movie, it was fine but it just felt a re-tread of prior Homer ****s up majorly, Marge leaves him but things work out in the end storyline.

Now that we know that Fox & Disney have no plans on cancelling the Simpsons anytime soon, they might as well make a new movie to get people excited. I remember the marketing for the first movie and while my city didn't get a Kwik-e-Mart, I did live in a Springfield and here was a contest over which Springfield had the angriest mob. Sadly my city wasn't the most original and we lost but it was still fun going downtown and seeing all these simpsons fans trying to be like a Springfield mob.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote