The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 02-03-2016, 06:45 PM   #1
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja

Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Cancer sucks...

So I thought I might trying something new.

So I recently found out that my mother has cancer for the second time. When I was young she was diagnosed with ovarian cancer. Some 15+ years later after beating it and living a healthy life she has been diagnosed with stage four pancreatic cancer..... She's not doing well. I'm not looking for pitty. I just don't know.... I was wondering if anyone else might be going threw or have gone threw something similar...

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 06:52 PM   #2
Leogeddon
Stone Warrior

My aunt Linda had thyroid cancer back in 2008 which caused her to lose a LOT of weight, she looked sickly and people assumed she was anorexic. She managed to get through it with determination and will power or at least that's what I believe helped survive something large like cancer can be. There's a few people who tend to live long lives after getting diagnosed as well as any other kind of situation which could end your life. Hope, faith, will power, and stubbornness tends to be the overall theme I see/hear from stories where people manage to get through.
Some folks say that we're all born with cancer cells which means we all have a possibility of getting it but I see it more toward the chemical reaction within our cells to the kind of lives we have in this modern time. Our food is mega processed through chemicals and other unnatural means in order to mass produce and it's just once in a while we get this to occur.

As much as I'm sorry to hear this is the 2nd big scare and will definitely hit home real hard especially will shake faith and one's drive in life. The only advice I can give is be with her often, help her push through and help her maintain that strong spirit she has. The more determination she has can help but we can only wait to see how the process goes. The chance is always there for both good and bad, even a 20% chance of survival is more than enough for a human to push through as unlikely as it seems.

Click me for group discussion!
Leogeddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 07:08 PM   #3
Katie
Just...way too serious.

My dad had throat cancer. He had surgery to have if removed, and radiation, but it took a toll on him. He actually overdosed himself on Tylenol trying to manage his pain and died of liver failure a little more than a year ago.

Lost my grandfather to prostate cancer

My uncle is currently fighting an aggressive metastic prostate cancer.

It does indeed suck.
Old 02-03-2016, 07:10 PM   #4
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

My mom had cancer when I was in college. I feel ya.
Old 02-03-2016, 07:11 PM   #5
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leogeddon View Post
My aunt Linda had thyroid cancer back in 2008 which caused her to lose a LOT of weight, she looked sickly and people assumed she was anorexic. She managed to get through it with determination and will power or at least that's what I believe helped survive something large like cancer can be. There's a few people who tend to live long lives after getting diagnosed as well as any other kind of situation which could end your life. Hope, faith, will power, and stubbornness tends to be the overall theme I see/hear from stories where people manage to get through.
Some folks say that we're all born with cancer cells which means we all have a possibility of getting it but I see it more toward the chemical reaction within our cells to the kind of lives we have in this modern time. Our food is mega processed through chemicals and other unnatural means in order to mass produce and it's just once in a while we get this to occur.

As much as I'm sorry to hear this is the 2nd big scare and will definitely hit home real hard especially will shake faith and one's drive in life. The only advice I can give is be with her often, help her push through and help her maintain that strong spirit she has. The more determination she has can help but we can only wait to see how the process goes. The chance is always there for both good and bad, even a 20% chance of survival is more than enough for a human to push through as unlikely as it seems.
Thank you for your response it's hit me pretty hard she lives in a different state with more family. And I feel like I want to be there with her and for her( I'm leaving soon to visit which is good). My dad told me today she will be starting hospice tomorrow. And I've heard from co workers(work at a retirement home) that there are people who live long live even after having hospice. I've been praying and hoping things will get better and I really hope they do. I really appreciate the response thought.

Good news is my mom seem like she's not ready to go yet. But I can tell she's getting tired and worn out.

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
Old 02-03-2016, 07:17 PM   #6
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie View Post
My dad had throat cancer. He had surgery to have if removed, and radiation, but it took a toll on him. He actually overdosed himself on Tylenol trying to manage his pain and died of liver failure a little more than a year ago.

Lost my grandfather to prostate cancer

My uncle is currently fighting an aggressive metastic prostate cancer.

It does indeed suck.
yes yes it does. I feel totally thrown off because she had ovarian cancer beat it was fine for like ever then all of a sudden stage four pancreatic cancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
My mom had cancer when I was in college. I feel ya.
Thank you man while we might not agree some times we are both humans and share something we both love. Ps. Sorry about my grammar and everything I just too adhd to catch most thing (brain moves to fast and I'm to impatient to proof read. Thought I try.)

I've been so emotional these last couple months I try to ignore it and pretend it's not there but it's hard. I really appreciate the responses

love you mom...
Quote:
--- @Ceejay
Old 02-03-2016, 07:30 PM   #7
Leogeddon
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by samxsteal View Post
Thank you for your response it's hit me pretty hard she lives in a different state with more family. And I feel like I want to be there with her and for her( I'm leaving soon to visit which is good). My dad told me today she will be starting hospice tomorrow. And I've heard from co workers(work at a retirement home) that there are people who live long live even after having hospice. I've been praying and hoping things will get better and I really hope they do. I really appreciate the response thought.

Good news is my mom seem like she's not ready to go yet. But I can tell she's getting tired and worn out.
You're welcome, my aunt lives in another state as well, I live in Georgia with some family (not under the same roof obviously) while she lives with the rest of the family in Missouri so I couldn't even see her since before my time in the military back in 2008-2011. It's rather surreal that I was a member HERE longer than any job, career, and military time spent.

Anyway, back on topic, I couldn't ask you to do anything you can't or wouldn't do. If you can find time to take a personal break from your life where you are and visit her during this time of need, it can be just for 2 or 3 days, at least if you show you went out and beyond to see her, it may help spark motivation and help her get through it.
Even if you must save up this year until her birthday/holiday seasons. I would greatly recommend it.

Click me for group discussion!
Leogeddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 07:31 PM   #8
PangolinFeets
Mad Scientist

I'm really sorry to hear that. My youngest sister had cancer when she was 12. My aunt died from breast cancer and my Grandfather has survived three different kinds of cancer (melanoma, colon cancer, and a cancerous tumor on his pituitary gland).

Its awful, debilitating, and expensive.
PangolinFeets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 07:31 PM   #9
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I'm very sorry to hear that, Sam. I know that's a nasty one to deal with. I hope she's able to endure it as comfortably as possible.

I am fortunate that I haven't had to go through a bad cancer diagnosis with anyone.

However my father passed away suddenly in November, not quite a month after finally being diagnosed with something that turned out to be kind of rare, incurable, and really bad news (after an 18 month mystery of increasing health issues, multiple doctors appointments and a few scares), so I definitely understand and feel your pain in facing something big like what you and your mom have to.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 03:21 AM   #10
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Cancer sure sucks, lost my grandfather and my aunt with a couple of weeks apart in 2013.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 05:05 AM   #11
The Deadman
Foot Elite

I can sympathize. Lost an uncle on my moms side in '13, grandmother in '14 and an uncle last year on my dads side to cancer and now this year an aunt on my moms side is going through lung cancer and it's probably spread everywhere so I hear. Cancer really does suck.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 06:35 AM   #12
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leogeddon View Post
You're welcome, my aunt lives in another state as well, I live in Georgia with some family (not under the same roof obviously) while she lives with the rest of the family in Missouri so I couldn't even see her since before my time in the military back in 2008-2011. It's rather surreal that I was a member HERE longer than any job, career, and military time spent.

Anyway, back on topic, I couldn't ask you to do anything you can't or wouldn't do. If you can find time to take a personal break from your life where you are and visit her during this time of need, it can be just for 2 or 3 days, at least if you show you went out and beyond to see her, it may help spark motivation and help her get through it.
Even if you must save up this year until her birthday/holiday seasons. I would greatly recommend it.
Yeah we're going to go visit soon. Which I'm excited and happy about. And we're (me and my wife) ar going to try and go every six weeks. Dad told me once a month might be a bit excessive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PangolinFeets View Post
I'm really sorry to hear that. My youngest sister had cancer when she was 12. My aunt died from breast cancer and my Grandfather has survived three different kinds of cancer (melanoma, colon cancer, and a cancerous tumor on his pituitary gland).

Its awful, debilitating, and expensive.
yeah it's really a shame up if disease. I'm hoping she can pull through. But it's not looking good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I'm very sorry to hear that, Sam. I know that's a nasty one to deal with. I hope she's able to endure it as comfortably as possible.

I am fortunate that I haven't had to go through a bad cancer diagnosis with anyone.

However my father passed away suddenly in November, not quite a month after finally being diagnosed with something that turned out to be kind of rare, incurable, and really bad news (after an 18 month mystery of increasing health issues, multiple doctors appointments and a few scares), so I definitely understand and feel your pain in facing something big like what you and your mom have to.
im really sorry to here that about your father. Part of me just can't handle loosing my mo m but part of me know that if she does pass on she'll not have to deal with the pain and stress of it all. I just do not know if I'm ready I love her so much.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Cancer sure sucks, lost my grandfather and my aunt with a couple of weeks apart in 2013.
Yeah that really suck. My dads all emotional because my mom twin died not even a year ago then his own mother my greater grandma had a stroke. Now. My moms got cancer and starting hospice. All in a short amount of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
I can sympathize. Lost an uncle on my moms side in '13, grandmother in '14 and an uncle last year on my dads side to cancer and now this year an aunt on my moms side is going through lung cancer and it's probably spread everywhere so I hear. Cancer really does suck.
Sure does.

Again thank you all for your kind words, understanding and insight

love you mom...
Quote:
--- @Ceejay
Old 02-04-2016, 07:11 AM   #13
Prowler
Emperor

It's scary how cancer is so common nowadays. A few decades ago people usually only knew like one or two cases of people dying of cancer. But nowadays it seems like everyone has a family member or two who eventually dies of it... me being no exception.

I can empathize and I wish your mother good luck, OP.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 07:53 AM   #14
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
It's scary how cancer is so common nowadays. A few decades ago people usually only knew like one or two cases of people dying of cancer. But nowadays it seems like everyone has a family member or two who eventually dies of it... me being no exception.

I can empathize and I wish your mother good luck, OP.
Seriously it happens way to often.

love you mom...
Quote:
--- @Ceejay
Old 02-04-2016, 09:46 AM   #15
Amaranthus
Banned

"going threw"
Amaranthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 10:35 AM   #16
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

I don't know if there's more cancer now, or if it's just that reporting has increased. Either way, F*$# Cancer.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 02:25 PM   #17
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by samxsteal View Post
im really sorry to here that about your father. Part of me just can't handle loosing my mo m but part of me know that if she does pass on she'll not have to deal with the pain and stress of it all. I just do not know if I'm ready I love her so much.....
Yeah, totally understand. The very idea of such a loss, esp sooner than what should ever happen, is so hard to deal with and very surreal.
Old 02-04-2016, 02:50 PM   #18
snake
Disgusting

Lost my great grandfather to lung cancer. Not to derail the thread but does anyone here believe a cure already exists? It's a believable conspiracy theory but I have my doubts.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 03:08 PM   #19
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I doubt it. Even if it did and people were trying to hide it in order to profit via the drug industry, surely someone would leak it at some point?

Although I was reading this and other articles a few months ago about researchers possibly accidentally stumbling on a possible cure (or at least a tool to fight it) when researching ways to protect pregnant women from malaria. Some aspect of malaria of all things could be beneficial with cancer. I find it rather fascinating; there could be something good within something otherwise bad.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/sc...-a6693601.html
Old 02-04-2016, 07:08 PM   #20
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Lost my great grandfather to lung cancer. Not to derail the thread but does anyone here believe a cure already exists? It's a believable conspiracy theory but I have my doubts.
I totally believe there is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I doubt it. Even if it did and people were trying to hide it in order to profit via the drug industry, surely someone would leak it at some point?

Although I was reading this and other articles a few months ago about researchers possibly accidentally stumbling on a possible cure (or at least a tool to fight it) when researching ways to protect pregnant women from malaria. Some aspect of malaria of all things could be beneficial with cancer. I find it rather fascinating; there could be something good within something otherwise bad.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/sc...-a6693601.html
Think of it this way why release something that will cause trillions of dollars in losses. Cancer makes trillions of dollars yearly why would those in charge stop that. People are greedy. I have no doubts whether there is a cure or not. I think the really question is how long till it's officially released or people get enough of a conscience to release it.

love you mom...
Quote:
--- @Ceejay