The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 01-05-2018, 12:57 PM   #41
sdp
-

I remember finding Animaniacs odd as a kid but I watched them anyway even if I was unsure on how much I liked it. But since I've been practicing my French I re-discovered animaniacs since they have a lot of songs with vocabulary and it helps and I also remembered their humor which was quite specific and wondered about why these characters have never been seen again so I'm happy they won't continue rotting in the WB water tower.

I don't want this to be a revival though, I'd like it to be a reboot with their own style but at the same time keeping up with the reboot since I think it's a great way to modernize it, still look classic and has a specific look.

sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 03:06 AM   #42
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

I enjoyed Animaniacs when I was younger. Hope it goes well, but I'm not bothering with paying for a streaming video service just for that.
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 06:55 PM   #43
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Here's what Rob had to say about the project during a recent interview.

Quote:
The Animaniacs reboot is coming up, obviously.

Yeah.

One, is that something you're interested in? And two, are you involved?

Well, yes. Firstly, of course. Anytime you get to work with the king of Hollywood that's a pretty cool thing, you know? Mr. Spielberg is not only who he is, we all know that, but he's a delightful, really nice man. Which is wonderful to see because when you're able to use people like that as examples, and in my case also, Gordie Howe. I did get to know Gordie really well. When you really meet people who are so well known, not only in their milieu but just in real life, and you see how people behave — even though they have the power that would allow them to behave any way they want. They got all the money they need. They got blah blah blah. They're well known. They get the best restaurant tables. You name it. They behave in nothing but a classy, smart, kind down to earth, unpretentious way. That firstly, anytime you get to work with people like that, you're on board.

Secondly, your question is, "Am I involved?" Well, here's what I'm supposed to say, and already you can read between the lines. I'm supposed to say, "I can neither confirm nor deny." Which I suppose I'd be saying if I were in a Senate subcommittee hearing. Warner Bros. will make their own announcements, but I can tell you that Steven and Sam Register, the president of Warner Bros. Animation, they get the zeitgeist. They understand the fan base. They know that I'm traveling around the country with Randy Rogel, who wrote most of the songs from that show, doing Animaniacs Live! So, we'll keep our fingers crossed but if I were here, I'd wink at you. So, we'll see. But it's going to be...I think they're planning to have them released in fall of next year on Hulu.
Voice Actor Rob Paulsen on Taking Chances, Being the Best Rocker in Michigan, and More
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 07:11 PM   #44
Shark_Blade
Emperor

I’m here for Rob Paulsen.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 07:32 PM   #45
turtle1237
Stone Warrior

Powerpuff Girls got rid of Miss Bellum. I wonder if in order to be pc, they would do the same to the Nurse?
turtle1237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 06:27 PM   #46
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
News flash- Animaniacs was NEVER "PC", nor was it MEANT to be!

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 06:43 PM   #47
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
What i'm afraid now is, it'd HAVE to be in order to get made in hollywood. same thing goes for if they ever rebooted something like The Critic..

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 08:06 PM   #48
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Oh boy....will "HELLO NURSE!" land the Warner Brothers in hot water?

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 08:29 PM   #49
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Oh boy....will "HELLO NURSE!" land the Warner Brothers in hot water?
Probably it will be considered oogling/catcalling a woman for her looks or some woke SJW feminist crap
Old 07-17-2019, 09:52 PM   #50
turtle1237
Stone Warrior

Powerpuff Girls were not very PC in the 90's, but before you know they retire Miss Bellum in the new series, and the teacher was redesign with out boobs. I just thinking in this day and age, the jokes about Hello Nurse might not make it in the Animaniacs reboot. Or Miss Mink now that I am thinking about this. I really think this is going to be a more tamer Animaniacs sadly. The Powerpuff Girls in the 90's-2000's were off the wall. Sex Jokes, blood, and teeth being knock out. And before you know it, the reboot does even have any blood sadly.
turtle1237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 09:03 AM   #51
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
This is current year though. They'll make it PC.

We're gonna need some kind of tv block somewhere that just does what it wants regardless of Twitter and Tumblr and have a very VERY strict 'don't like it, don't watch it' attitude. Never never the knee, never apologize, ignore any media outrage and being back Apu.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 11:48 AM   #52
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Rob Paulsen's Memoir which comes out today gave us an answer to this burning question

The Animanicast
@animanicast
We are VERY pleased to finally see in PRINT today in
@yakkopinky's "Voice Lessons" that the original voice cast of #Animaniacs has indeed been working on the upcoming reboot! ��

Rob,
@MAURICELAMARCHE

@JessHarnell
and #TressMacNeille are back! (Pic from Maurice LaMarche)
Old 10-11-2019, 06:48 PM   #53
Egon1982
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
This is current year though. They'll make it PC.

We're gonna need some kind of tv block somewhere that just does what it wants regardless of Twitter and Tumblr and have a very VERY strict 'don't like it, don't watch it' attitude. Never never the knee, never apologize, ignore any media outrage and being back Apu.
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle1237 View Post
Powerpuff Girls were not very PC in the 90's, but before you know they retire Miss Bellum in the new series, and the teacher was redesign with out boobs. I just thinking in this day and age, the jokes about Hello Nurse might not make it in the Animaniacs reboot. Or Miss Mink now that I am thinking about this. I really think this is going to be a more tamer Animaniacs sadly. The Powerpuff Girls in the 90's-2000's were off the wall. Sex Jokes, blood, and teeth being knock out. And before you know it, the reboot does even have any blood sadly.
Quote:
What makes today's cartoons like Regular Show and Bojack Horseman no different than an animaniacs reboot? i mean those cartoons have the same edge as Animaniacs or is Bojack Horseman for adults only?
Egon1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 06:52 PM   #54
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Rob Paulsen's Memoir which comes out today gave us an answer to this burning question

The Animanicast
@animanicast
We are VERY pleased to finally see in PRINT today in
@yakkopinky's "Voice Lessons" that the original voice cast of #Animaniacs has indeed been working on the upcoming reboot! ��

Rob,
@MAURICELAMARCHE

@JessHarnell
and #TressMacNeille are back! (Pic from Maurice LaMarche)
Any interesting tmnt stuff in that memoir?
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 08:26 PM   #55
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
not sure I don't have it yet.
Old 10-17-2019, 02:44 AM   #56
Egon1982
Hench Mutant

Well Hulu can give this a TV-PG rating and have fine writers behind it.
Old 10-21-2019, 11:32 PM   #57
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
I just started it nothing Turtles yet. But the first chapter Spielberg said he wouldn't do the reboot of Animaniacs unless the OG voice actors would reprise their roles
Old 10-22-2019, 09:13 AM   #58
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Very excited for this! Wonder if there's a chance we'd get a new Tiny Toon Adventures cartoon. Probably not, though.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 09:26 AM   #59
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egon1982 View Post
What makes today's cartoons like Regular Show and Bojack Horseman no different than an animaniacs reboot? i mean those cartoons have the same edge as Animaniacs or is Bojack Horseman for adults only?
I think the regular show jokes go over kids heads and Bojack horseman isn't for kids.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 08:27 PM   #60
Egon1982
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
Very excited for this! Wonder if there's a chance we'd get a new Tiny Toon Adventures cartoon. Probably not, though.
Maybe they can have their own segments in a shared universe thing even with Freakazoid.