The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 10-20-2015, 01:43 PM   #81
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Probably the same amount of time it took to go through this run. There's a Christmas special yet to come too so maybe the hiatus was to slow down the pace so as to time the special with the holiday season

Yea, so maybe another 2-3weeks and we get more new episodes. They are showing repeats for now. They are really pushing the hell out of the show. Overall, it has been a lot better than I thought it was going to be. Looking forward to the x-mas special.

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 03:19 PM   #82
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Perhaps THIS was the cause of the hiatus?

The first DVD release of the series comes out on November 2nd, presumably containing all the episodes transmitted so far.

And DM has proven a ratings winner

Quote:
The all-new series of Danger Mouse has proved a colossal hit with young audiences, topping the ratings with a triumphant return to TV on CBBC.

The animated series, starring dynamic secret agent, Danger Mouse has become the best performing new kids' show of 2015 for children aged 6 to 12 and 4 to 15, based on average figures for the first 15 episodes using data from industry ratings body BARB.

In addition Danger Mouse – voiced by comedian, actor and Pointless host Alexander Armstrong - is the #1 in its time slot for boys 4-9 (across all channels) and is also #1 for 4 – 15 year olds (among dedicated children's channels).

Danger Mouse returned to TV screens with a 21st century gadget-packed, gag-laden makeover on 28th September – exactly 23 years after the last series aired. The rebooted show got off to an amazing start and the series featured seven times in BARB’s Top 10 CBBC programmes in the first week of transmission alone.

So far, a total of 2.4 million people have seen the debonair hero on TV during the first three weeks of the run, with over two million views on the BBC's iPlayer catch-up service.

Excitement about the show continues to build, along with the viewing figures. The total audience (which also includes adult fans) grew by 11% between weeks one and three. And the increase is even higher for 4 to 15-year-olds, amounting to 14% in the same time-frame. The rise for the audience aged from 6 to 12 is also 14%.

As well as enjoying an afternoon slot on CBBC, the programmes have been given a morning repeat screening, which has led to Danger Mouse becoming the highest rating morning kids TV show – judged by best performing episode – so far this year for 4-15 year old. It is also the highest rated show of the year so far among 4 to 9 year-old boys*. [*across dedicated kids channels]

Rick Glankler, EVP and General Manager FremantleMedia Kids & Family Entertainment said: “We are absolutely thrilled with these ratings. We anticipated from our early screenings that the public were going to like the show so we are delighted to learn that Danger Mouse is entertaining hundreds of thousands of children and their parents across the country.”

Combining high energy, top class storytelling, surreal comedy and brilliant visuals, the new rebooted series also features an incredible array of voice talent. The star-studded cast features the likes of Stephen Fry, Lena Headey, Richard Ayoade and Richard Osman, as well as Kevin Eldon as Danger Mouse’s sidekick Penfold.

The world's greatest secret agent is not only thrilling a whole new generation in the UK, but he is set to grow a global audience when the series rolls out internationally on Netflix and on free-to-air broadcasters from next spring.

Commissioned by Controller of CBBC, Cheryl Taylor, the co-production with FremantleMedia Kids & Family is being animated by Boulder Media, with Sarah Muller executive producer for CBBC, and Bob Higgins and Chapman Maddox executive producers for FremantleMedia Kids & Family Entertainment. FremantleMedia Kids & Family Entertainment owns the global TV and licensing rights to the series.
http://www.fremantlemedia.com/news/n..._for_kids.aspx
ZariusTwo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 05:57 PM   #83
Mayhem
Foot Elite

I suspect a lot of the iPlayer views have been adults (including me) watching the show when we get home from work
Old 11-01-2015, 01:06 PM   #84
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

Ill pick up that DVD in the next week or 2, support the show I enjoyed it!

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
Old 11-03-2015, 10:05 AM   #85
ZariusTwo
Overlord

I picked up the DVD. It has seven episodes, including the half-hour première, and no extras. I was expecting a bit more on it, but oh well.
Old 11-05-2015, 12:47 PM   #86
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Looks like this hiatus is going to last a little longer, as we go right back to "Danger At C-Level" next week (they're skipping the pilot), and the show has now been moved to a 3:15 PM time slot
Old 12-25-2015, 11:39 AM   #87
ZariusTwo
Overlord

I saw the Christmas special this morning, and had a blast. Sqauwkencluck refusing outright to believe in Santa despite every other character aware of him and interacting with him was an odd but amusing trait. DM and Penfold constantly giving her hair dryers as gifts prompted a plot bunny for a fanfic I wrote today, poor Snowman, the nature of his character means they can keep doing utterly brutal things to him (like slayriding him through the sun), and he'll find a way to spring back from it if the weather's a bit nippy. I wonder if he can come back from this though?

I liked DM also trying to rely on the normal running time of an episode to thwart Snowman's plan, but then the narrator reminds him it's a half hour special.

And we got our first glimpse of the revamped Count Duckula in a short cameo where he gets into a fight with the other villains. Alas, he didn't have a speaking part.
Old 12-25-2015, 01:09 PM   #88
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Thanks for that, I didn't realise there was one. Right, off to iPlayer...!
Old 12-25-2015, 02:06 PM   #89
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
Thanks for that, I didn't realise there was one. Right, off to iPlayer...!
Yeah, I found out late about it too. The special aired on BBC ONE today, but had actually premièred a week ago on the CBBC channel. I decided to wait until the BBC ONE screening to watch it just to have something extra to do this morning.
Old 12-25-2015, 02:19 PM   #90
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

I watched it when it aired, enjoyed it very much. It didn't suffer for being 20 mins long either. Funny stuff.

Old 02-09-2016, 01:10 PM   #91
ZariusTwo
Overlord

The hiatus is over next week
Old 02-10-2016, 12:39 AM   #92
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

Great, can't wait. Thanks for letting us know.

Old 02-11-2016, 07:10 AM   #93
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Just read some details on next week's first few episodes...one of them involves a DM from a parallel universe who's evil (is he from DC's Earth 3 by any chance?)
Old 02-13-2016, 12:21 PM   #94
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Thursday sees Baron Greenback lose his memory, and Friday is Duckula's appearance.
Old 02-13-2016, 01:56 PM   #95
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Quote:
Just read some details on next week's first few episodes...one of them involves a DM from a parallel universe who's evil (is he from DC's Earth 3 by any chance?)
I wonder if the only thing different will be a goatee... that's the stereotypical thing to do with an "evil identical twin"
Old 02-14-2016, 03:11 AM   #96
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

Quote:
Thursday sees Baron Greenback lose his memory, and Friday is Duckula's appearance.
Can't wait to see Duckula.

Old 02-16-2016, 06:35 AM   #97
ZariusTwo
Overlord

"Inventor Preventor" thoughts:

Ah, struck on the head and you find what makes all time travel possible...cute BTTF reference.

I wonder if the gorilla calling Kong stupid back in the past was DM when he was disguised as the dorm captain?

Lots of mayhem to be had here, from the multiple copies of DM, Penfold and kong to Benjamin Franklyn going full retard. And Beelectricity!

Penfold trying to sort out the resolution, and gives up at the end trying to make sense of the whole thing.
Old 02-16-2016, 12:58 PM   #98
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Thoughts on "Never Say Clever Again"

Greenback's comments about the throne escalator had me rolling, as did him constantly scrambling to pick up his chocolate, it's a good thing they kept bringing up the average intellect of most of the agency because the lax security they have is shambolic. This is the second instance of Nero getting into the base now!
Old 02-18-2016, 03:42 AM   #99
ZariusTwo
Overlord

"It's an alternate universe episode". Well somebody obviously reads /co/.

A shame Sinister Mouse was the least interesting thing about this episode, with the best stuff going to the Greenbacks, the adorable Danger Moth, and the lovecrafitan monster the Baron pulled into our universe ("Please don't mention this in your reviews of London")

The additional mini-episode with CBBC's Hacker and Dodge was funny too.
Old 02-18-2016, 12:07 PM   #100
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

It's cool seeing some of the other agents. Looking forward to Duckula.