The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 01-29-2018, 09:24 AM   #2341
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

I haven't heard anything recently, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything.
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 08:05 AM   #2342
Weapons@theready
Hench Mutant

Not a question but more of a plea...

IDW has seem to be pretty good about letting their artists have flexibility with the designs of the Turtles, as in there is not a definitive pattern that they seem to be following. Please don't allow any artists use the new Nick designs in y'alls stellar comic books.
Weapons@theready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 10:36 AM   #2343
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

One of the only dictates that we get from Nickelodeon these days is that we need to keep the 'adult' and 'kid' TMNT visually different, so shouldn't be a problem!
Old 02-01-2018, 10:42 AM   #2344
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
One of the only dictates that we get from Nickelodeon these days is that we need to keep the 'adult' and 'kid' TMNT visually different, so shouldn't be a problem!
What do you mean by "adult" and "kid?" You mean the different intended audiences for the Nick cartoon and the IDW comic?
Old 02-01-2018, 10:56 AM   #2345
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Yes, the difference between our regular ongoing title and say, Amazing Adventures.
Old 02-01-2018, 11:01 AM   #2346
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
Yes, the difference between our regular ongoing title and say, Amazing Adventures.
So do cartoon tie-ins need to remain on model?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 12:10 PM   #2347
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Yes, that is correct.
Old 02-01-2018, 12:34 PM   #2348
CyberCubed
Overlord

Do you have an opinion on the new designs/changes for the new cartoon? Since I imagine IDW will put out a tie-in comic to this show like you guys did for the 2012 version eventually.

Any personal thoughts on the new designs? Or change of weapons (it seems Raph's sai's have been replaced by tonfa's?)
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 02:47 PM   #2349
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

I've had the opportunity to get a good look at what's going on with the relaunch-- some things i'm very excited about, some things i'm curious how they are going to develop. That's about all I can really say about it at this time.
Old 02-01-2018, 03:23 PM   #2350
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Now that the 2012 series is officially over and Rise is on the... well, the rise... is there any interest in incorporating more elements or characters that were exclusive to the 2012 series?
Old 02-01-2018, 05:01 PM   #2351
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

If it happens organically, sure. As we develop stories if one of the characters from that show fits, we'll use it. Otherwise, no. But I don't think any of us on the IDW comic have put any thought into specifically grabbing from that series.
Old 02-11-2018, 03:03 PM   #2352
Zog The Magnificent
Stone Warrior

I'm curious about two things:

1. Who do you imagine would voice IDW's Rat King?

2. What do you believe is IDW's signature contribution to TMNT lore; in other words, the element or character that will go on to become a staple and be adapted into future iterations?
Zog The Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 03:08 PM   #2353
neatoman
Emperor

So is issue 100 still the furthest planned point, or do you have plans beyond issue 100?
Hahahaha!
Old 02-12-2018, 12:39 PM   #2354
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zog The Magnificent View Post
I'm curious about two things:

1. Who do you imagine would voice IDW's Rat King?

2. What do you believe is IDW's signature contribution to TMNT lore; in other words, the element or character that will go on to become a staple and be adapted into future iterations?
1. This isn't something I ever think about when reading comics. Just a generic gentlemanly creepy type voice!

2. Old Hob maybe? I'd like to think our "light touch" approach to the Turtle's dominant personality traits might be continued. It always annoys me a little when Mike is "just" the party dude, or Don is "just" the tech guy. Like sure, have those be part of their characters, but the entire character doesn't need to be seen through those prisms. I can see the reincarnation aspect being reused somewhere, but I doubt it will be a common thing.
Old 02-12-2018, 12:41 PM   #2355
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
So is issue 100 still the furthest planned point, or do you have plans beyond issue 100?
We're getting close enough to that benchmark that I can't really speak with any specificity to that any more. So, safe to assume yes, but not going to be giving any details.
Old 02-12-2018, 02:49 PM   #2356
neatoman
Emperor

That reminds me, I just read through volume 18. Quite a long read compared to most other trades in the series, given how wordy it is between the dinner discussion and courtroom drama. Still you always notice a few things re-reading stuff.
  1. I remembered how we saw a snake guy in a previous issue when they were talking about the history of the Pantheon, yet snake guy isn't seen or mentioned during the meeting. What happened? Did snake guy die?
  2. I noticed that Chi-You seemingly commanded Orcs, are they still around?
  3. About Vin-Bini, did he have previous ties to Krang or was it just an assignment to defend him?
  4. Will Stump ever make his Asteroid great again?
Hahahaha!
Old 02-12-2018, 03:24 PM   #2357
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
That reminds me, I just read through volume 18. Quite a long read compared to most other trades in the series, given how wordy it is between the dinner discussion and courtroom drama. Still you always notice a few things re-reading stuff.
  1. I remembered how we saw a snake guy in a previous issue when they were talking about the history of the Pantheon, yet snake guy isn't seen or mentioned during the meeting. What happened? Did snake guy die?
  2. I noticed that Chi-You seemingly commanded Orcs, are they still around?
  3. About Vin-Bini, did he have previous ties to Krang or was it just an assignment to defend him?
  4. Will Stump ever make his Asteroid great again?
1. Snake guy was never meant to be important. Could just be some mythical creature that was being fought at the time.
2. I don't recall this! So, sure!
3. Let's assume previous ties. Not something I recall us talking about.
4. Maybe!
Old 02-12-2018, 03:43 PM   #2358
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

I see you're givin' away answers today, Bobby, so I've got a quick, asinine question for you!

Does "Service Animals" take place between "Invasion of the Triceratons" and "Kingdom of Rats"? I know "Invasion" isn't over yet, so if you can't say, I get it. Raph and Alopex searching for stolen pet shop animals seems like a pretty chill case to investigate following an alien invasion, is all.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 03:52 PM   #2359
Powder
So tired of this place

Was there anything ever proposed or brainstormed in-house (be it a whole story, new series, or something smaller) that you guys wanted to do but couldn't or didn't? Something indefinitely off the table & not being reworked for the future, which is to say we could hear about it?

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 05:24 PM   #2360
AquaParade
Banned

Bobby, I love when you and Tom and/or Kevin are able to get together and do an in-depth interview or podcast chat. The rich ones that find time to dive into the past of the IDW series and where it may be going in the future.

I'm sure you've all got your hands full with more important tasks, but those are such a treat that I just wanted to throw my opinion and desire for more out. Thanks!
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bobby curnow, idw, idw's tmnt, questions, tom waltz