The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 07-29-2005, 03:32 PM   #361
XERO
Hybrid Theorist

Thank you, zkarlette.

You guys may not think so, but all this cheering up you guys do really means a lot to me.

With friends like you, I actually believe I can do better.

Thanks again.

"Travel at the speed of light... then hit the nitro!"
XERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 03:29 AM   #362
Ra
It's my desire?

Well, what are friends for? As long as your next job will be better than you're last one, we will foul-mouth you're old empoyers as much as we can

"So. The whole lot of you against little old me? How retarded."
Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 09:36 AM   #363
Hannah
Once more, with feeling!

Yay! August 6!!! Today Shadow and I have been together for 1 year! ^-^
Old 08-06-2005, 09:39 AM   #364
Storm Wolf
The Thread Killer

WooT!

Congrats to you!

Some people can't keep a relationship longer than three months...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwamu The Kappa View Post
Voting: pick which lies you think sounds best.
Storm Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 09:43 AM   #365
Anarky
Outlaw Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah
Yay! August 6!!! Today Shadow and I have been together for 1 year! ^-^
Have you two finally had the chance to meet each other?
Anarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 09:56 AM   #366
Hannah
Once more, with feeling!

......No... We were going to see each other this month, but my mom changed plans.......

I might be able to see him at Disneyland later this year though....

._.;
Old 08-11-2005, 09:40 AM   #367
damnhooligan
Mad Scientist

So, as it looks like its been a while since anyone's fessed up to having a sh*tty day, I'll step up to the plate and make your day that much more sunny.

I had the mother of all migraines last night, while desperately searching for some cheap lodging in Rome. Not one of those "Just let me sit down in a dark room for a while" types, but "OH GOD, IT HURTS SO MUCH I'M VOMITTING UNCONTROLLABLY!" kind of migraine. (I officially declare Eau du Cherry Lambic/Caesar Salad/Stomach Acid the single most offensive smell in the known universe.) Problem was, I couldn't stop laughing, because my pain-riddled delusional mind rendered everything hilarious. And every time I laughed, I puked. The vicious cycle carried on for about half an hour before I passed out and woke up cold and alone at the foot of my bed, clutching a bucket and my teddy bear.

This, on top of the fact that I'm going on my last European holiday ever starting tomorrow for two weeks and I'm supposed to be moving in less than a month but the none of the places my husband applied (over several months ago) have gotten back to us yet, despite having a Sergeant Major bitch at them on our behalf... I'm just stressed the hell out. At this rate, I'm gonna be shoved in Fort Bumf*ck-Nowhere while my husband goes off to play soldier in the sandpit for a couple years. Crap.
Old 08-11-2005, 11:21 AM   #368
Ryona

Oh, man, Damnhooligan! That all sounds totally crappy. Bleh!
It totally sucks when stuff like that happens. It's all so awful.

Jeez, that certainly beats any worst day I had for a long while!
Old 08-11-2005, 11:32 AM   #369
Anarky
Outlaw Hero

I know the laughing/puking bit from back when I was 16. Not very funny while you're doing it, but rather funny afterwards.

Anyways, the soldier-bit totally sucks. Isn't there a possibility to sort of quit the military if necessary?
Old 08-11-2005, 11:43 AM   #370
zkarlette
Fashionably late

Im really sorry to hear this damnhooligan I really hope you feel better now ,you should get one of those seed packs you put in the frezzer those are great for a really bad migrane, I wish you the best for you and your husband I hope things will work out for you wherever you need to go.
Old 08-11-2005, 11:53 AM   #371
damnhooligan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarky
Anyways, the soldier-bit totally sucks. Isn't there a possibility to sort of quit the military if necessary?
Its entirely possible to be discharged from the military, but there's gotta be a damn fine reason for it. All save for the honorable and unavoidable ones (like being medically unfit for duty) come with some penalties and can limit the benefits you receive after leaving the service.

But quitting because of not getting the assignment you requested, not gonna happen. When you sign up, you agree take the good and the bad.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:21 PM   #372
Anarky
Outlaw Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by damnhooligan
But quitting because of not getting the assignment you requested, not gonna happen. When you sign up, you agree take the good and the bad.
So basically, you sell your soul to the army? Isn't that against the constitution? I know that a large part of the swiss constitution is copied from the US' one, and there is this article that says, that you may reside wherever it pleases you.

You know, here, the army is something every young man has to do. Except for me since I'm unsuitable for military service anyways. And if they'd really want me, I'd desert.
Old 08-11-2005, 02:57 PM   #373
damnhooligan
Mad Scientist

Well, in the states, all of the Armed Forces are entirely voluntary. And aside from the occasional TV ad and recruiter giving you a call during your senior year in high school, there's not a lot of pressure for the average kid to join up. And when/if they do, the terms are pretty much laid out in black and white. You no more sell your soul when enlisting in the services than when you sign a housing lease contract.

Plus, when you get out, college will be paid for, you have access to cheap government loans plus a year of unemployment compensation. They've got to add benefits like that to keep it competitive with the civilian world. Its just a job, with a 3-4 year contract.

EDIT: OH HOLY F*CK - Word just came in seconds ago. We're on assigment to Colorado Springs, Colorado. AWW HELL YEAH!

Last edited by damnhooligan; 08-11-2005 at 03:06 PM.
damnhooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 03:16 PM   #374
Super Moderator

That's awesome, DH. Now you can come back to the US, but you didn't miss much, anyway.
愛 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 04:34 PM   #375
Ryona

Quote:
Originally Posted by damnhooligan
EDIT: OH HOLY F*CK - Word just came in seconds ago. We're on assigment to Colorado Springs, Colorado. AWW HELL YEAH!

That's fantastic news, Damnhooligan!
I'm so happy for you! ^_^

This certainly balances out all that ****** stuff before.
Old 08-11-2005, 04:58 PM   #376
Space Lieutenant Josh
Hench Mutant

Rock and roll.
Space Lieutenant Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 11:45 PM   #377
Spitfire
Writer • Director

Spitfire's Hurt ><

I saw Mai*My girlfriend* at the airport....I got there 20 minutes early. And I waited by the gate, I couldn't wait to see her. It was like a dream seeing her walking towards me and then she grabbed onto me and hugged me >< It felt so good to have her in my arms again. I had to go within the next 30 minutes so I told her we should go get her baggage as quickly as we could. We were walking and no more then 10 steps out her Dad shows up out of no where. And calls her over...I stopped where I was I didn't want to hear what he had to say to me he let her keep walking to baggage claim. But moments later he sent her little sister after her, making her watch our every move. She kept pulling me off her and hitting me and yelling that I was choking her. And everytime Mai kissed me she kicked Mai or smacked her. I know it was all her Dad's doing Errrr >< They have to ruin EVERYTHING. So I told my parents and I ended up having to leave. I love her so much, you guys...
Old 08-17-2005, 12:11 AM   #378
GK Punk
I'm your Devil

Wow... he sounds like a total douche bag.

That sucks spitfire... I wish I had better words, or some advice....
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 12:23 AM   #379
Super Moderator

That's how asian parents operate. I wish I could help you, but that's just how it goes.
愛 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 12:26 AM   #380
Spitfire
Writer • Director

Thank You guys >< And Ai I know things are bad when I have asian people telling me her parents are insane

Tags
advice, celebrations, condolences, gossip