The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 09-26-2017, 07:14 PM   #2981
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by xandrea7 View Post
I am spreading the official word wherever I can. I just hate seeing so many people being so sad. One of my favorite fan artists even quit drawing over this.
that's a little extreme. but if this is just the last things in a series of things that have built up, i guess I can see someone doing that.

I don't know. i just hope the crew of the next series is a little more all series and fan friendly than this one was.

this just seems like 'want to see things resolved? fine..everyone dies! MWUHAAHAH!'
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 07:14 PM   #2982
CyberCubed
Overlord

Maybe at some point in the future Nick will ask Ciro to come back to do a DTV movie in the Nick series, a time travel adventure with Renet and Fugitoid to possibly stop the mutagen bomb from going off and the moon blowing up. It sounds like a pretty decent plot for a movie either way.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 07:18 PM   #2983
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Actually, Nickelodeon considers "Wanted: Bebop and Rocksteady" to be the true series finale so they are airing that last on Nickelodeon, not NickToons.

Attachment 11543

And they are officially relegating the Mutant Apocalypse episodes to non canon status despite Ciro's wishes. (Although to be fair, he says he wanted that as the ending just to prevent anyone else from touching his stuff.)

Attachment 11544

And to further muddy the waters, Brandon Auman claims that, except for the Kavaxas arc, Season 5 is only sort of canon.

Attachment 11545

Take this info as you will.
That's just Nickelodeon doing damage control, but the end of the day, its the creators who has the final word on how a show ends.

This is the sort of reason why Nickelodeon decided to cancel this series after its 5th Season, so that they can have a lot more creative control on the 2018 reboot.

The Monster Arc is only airing on NickToons, it just shows that Nickelodeon is more concern about the content of these horror themed episodes, which they think are too scary and intense for there demographic.
Old 09-26-2017, 07:20 PM   #2984
Vegita-San
Emperor

if that is the case, i wonder why they went with this team to begin with, or even allowed them to get as 'violent' and intense as they did?

now suddenly they get cold feet at the end?

something doesn't make too much sense...
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 07:22 PM   #2985
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
if that is the case, i wonder why they went with this team to begin with, or even allowed them to get as 'violent' and intense as they did?

now suddenly they get cold feet at the end?

something doesn't make too much sense...
I don't think Nickelodeon knew that the creators were huge horror fans.

You can see some of the horror influences on many of the episodes.
Old 09-26-2017, 07:27 PM   #2986
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
This is the sort of reason why Nickelodeon decided to cancel this series after its 5th Season, so that they can have a lot more creative control on the 2018 reboot..
This is not true at all, stop spreading false information.

The current Nick cartoon was always planned to end with 5 seasons.
Old 09-26-2017, 07:31 PM   #2987
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
This is not true at all, stop spreading false information.

The current Nick cartoon was always planned to end with 5 seasons.
do you think the 2018 reboot is gonna end after 5 seasons too? don't be surprise if it last beyond season 5, given that they are gonna play it safe this time around.
Old 09-26-2017, 07:35 PM   #2988
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
do you think the 2018 reboot is gonna end after 5 seasons too? don't be surprise if it last beyond season 5, given that they are gonna play it safe this time around.
Dude, what on earth? The summary for the new series flat out says the Turtles may gain mystical powers. How is that "playing it safe?" The new show looks like it may be as far removed from playing it safe as possible.
Old 09-26-2017, 07:54 PM   #2989
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Dude, what on earth? The summary for the new series flat out says the Turtles may gain mystical powers. How is that "playing it safe?" The new show looks like it may be as far removed from playing it safe as possible.
Playing it safe as in, not being too violent, but very lighthearted.
Old 09-26-2017, 07:55 PM   #2990
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Knowing you, you'll probably like the new toon whether it's good or bad.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 08:02 PM   #2991
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
Knowing you, you'll probably like the new toon whether it's good or bad.
Would you still like if it went the Teen Titans Go route?

But episodes that don't have any arcs?
Old 09-26-2017, 08:49 PM   #2992
snake
Disgusting

Who gives a f*ck about TMNT canon? It's canon to me, and that's all I need.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 09:05 PM   #2993
asfaloth12
Thug

Quote:
Actually, Nickelodeon considers "Wanted: Bebop and Rocksteady" to be the true series finale so they are airing that last on Nickelodeon, not NickToons.

Attachment 11543

And they are officially relegating the Mutant Apocalypse episodes to non canon status despite Ciro's wishes. (Although to be fair, he says he wanted that as the ending just to prevent anyone else from touching his stuff.)

Attachment 11544

And to further muddy the waters, Brandon Auman claims that, except for the Kavaxas arc, Season 5 is only sort of canon.

Attachment 11545

Take this info as you will.
So, I was ticked off at Nickelodeon before for all of the stupid hiatuses and the nonsense they pulled with the Season 4 finale
....I think I may have forgiven them for that. Way to step up, Nick! A rare example of network meddling with a positive outcome

Thank you so much for posting this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post

And to be fair.....it's not really ciro's stuff... It's Nicks now. They can use it whenever the hell they feel like it. Seems pretty egotistical to me that he thinks someone else can't do, or might do better, so, lets just kill everyone but the turtles off? Give me a break. Good on nick to de cannon the 'official' ending in that case. Seems like it was a big Frig you to a series he created. burn all the bridges so there is no going back, for anyone :/..
Well said. I respect Ciro and appreciate what he created... but this was just not necessary.

Quote:
That's how I see it too yeah. It's Nickelodeon's show and I'm taking their word on this one. The episode is really interesting as an AU. But as a finale, it contradicts what Renet has told us about the future and the Mutagen Bomb acted as an evil Deus Ex Machina, coming out of nowhere to destroy everything that had been built. It's also hard to swallow something that was half-built on spite.

I am spreading the official word wherever I can. I just hate seeing so many people being so sad. One of my favorite fan artists even quit drawing over this.
I completely agree with you. It works so much better as an AU. It shows what could have happened if things had gone wrong (or more wrong) in the canon universe, and makes the canon turtles' victories that much sweeter. But, also a little more sobering too, to realize how badly wrong things could have gone, if certain things were different
You're right about Renet. That's partly why this arc did not make any sense to me at all as the finale; it contradicted canon. If it had not, then I would have been very disappointed, yes, but would have eventually made up a different headcanon, and ignored this arc on my re-watch of the series. But, this case was different; it simply did not make sense. And I could not ignore that.
I love your description of the Mutagen Bomb as an "evil Deus Ex Machina" But, you're right. It was a big flaw in this arc; forgivable, perhaps for an AU story, but not for a canon series finale.
And don't get me started on the treatment of April and Karai. Complete BS.
We already have a beautiful, bittersweet conclusion to the main storyline with Owari and the Kavaxas arc (End Times in particular). And they were actually good episodes, too.

I'm so sorry to hear about that fanartist. It may sound silly to some people, but you never know what somebody is going through. A cartoon series may be an escape from reality for them, and one of their few sources of joy. I hope she changes her mind.
Old 09-26-2017, 10:57 PM   #2994
Vicky82
Emperor

Lol Nickelodeon are confusing.

1st 2 episodes of the Monster arc airs tonight
3rd episode is airing next week.
4th episode is airing on November 5th, so it's a month between 3rd and 4th episode and it's back on a Sunday.

http://tvschedule.zap2it.com/tvlisti...rShow&desc=off

Last edited by Vicky82; 09-27-2017 at 11:14 AM.
Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 06:53 AM   #2995
Chris
Mad Scientist

Strange breaks right till the end then!
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 12:57 PM   #2996
Kit31
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Lol Nickelodeon are confusing.

1st 2 episodes of the Monster arc airs tonight
3rd episode is airing next week.
4th episode is airing on November 5th, so it's a month between 3rd and 4th episode and it's back on a Sunday.

http://tvschedule.zap2it.com/tvlisti...rShow&desc=off
Well then...

I sure hope they don't do this to the new series. This start/stop (even in the middle of a freaking story!) crap is ridiculous. No wonder 2012 kept losing viewers.
Kit31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 01:00 PM   #2997
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit31 View Post
. No wonder 2012 kept losing viewers.
The show is over. I don't think it matters at this point.
Old 09-27-2017, 01:31 PM   #2998
Kit31
Foot Soldier

Quote:
No, but it has been an ongoing thing for the past five years. Maybe not pausing in the middle of a story, but the inconsistency of the airing schedule in general. For instance, it took 1 1/2 years to finish season 4.

It's just pissing off the fans who really like the show at this point. I know the episodes are already online and I've seen them all, but I'm still planning on watching them as they air on television. It's Nick's treatment of the show is what really pisses me off.

Last edited by Kit31; 09-27-2017 at 01:38 PM.
Kit31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 01:45 PM   #2999
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
It's still sad for it to go out with very low ratings though (due to eps being released already)
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 02:07 PM   #3000
CyberCubed
Overlord

Most people are watching these eps on DVD or online, Nick even officially uploads episodes to their site so you can watch them legally. TV ratings don't really matter much anymore.

Tags
season 5