The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 04-21-2019, 05:14 PM   #2841
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
People really should know better than to tamper with perfection.
Yeah an example of how not to do reprints. One of the problems of remastering old comics.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 10:59 PM   #2842
daggio
Foot Soldier

Is "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" gonna be one of very few IDW titles to reach issue #100? (I don't mean that to be insulting, since many continuities are very, very popular but use various miniseries' and numerous ongoings one after another thus issue numbers reset, like G.I. Joe and Transformers).
daggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 10:29 AM   #2843
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

We'll reach #100 yes, baring calamity! I believe it will be IDW's first to hit that milestone.
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 10:35 AM   #2844
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
We'll reach #100 yes, baring calamity! I believe it will be IDW's first to hit that milestone.
Congratulations are in order! Also a win-win for IDW and we TMNT fans alike.
Old 04-22-2019, 12:21 PM   #2845
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Thanks! Let's save the congrats until after the issue is out... we've probably jinxed it now and we're all going to get hit by a meteor!
Old 04-22-2019, 12:25 PM   #2846
daggio
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
That's great! That's something to be very proud of.

I was surprised when I was looking at titles from the first continuity of Transformers that just ended and saw that, despite the series going thirteen years, none of the ongoing titles reached issue #100. I looked at other titles from popular series' and found the same thing. So, for all of us TMNT fans (especially of this book), it'll be a proud day in November when this happens....barring calamity of course

And to think, I originally wasn't planning on reading this series when i got back into TMNT a few years ago
Old 04-22-2019, 01:41 PM   #2847
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggio View Post
That's great! That's something to be very proud of.

I was surprised when I was looking at titles from the first continuity of Transformers that just ended and saw that, despite the series going thirteen years, none of the ongoing titles reached issue #100. I looked at other titles from popular series' and found the same thing. So, for all of us TMNT fans (especially of this book), it'll be a proud day in November when this happens....barring calamity of course

And to think, I originally wasn't planning on reading this series when i got back into TMNT a few years ago
I admit, as one who never left fandom, but never cared for a non-Archie publication I was very weary when it was announced and the initial tone and red mask were present, but eventually showed it can bring in elements of several versions of TMMT and do its own thing at the same time better than Nickelodeon can. If you like TMNT nothing blends it together better than IDW in the past, present, and dare I say the future. Aside from seeing Krang and Slash again I hope the IDW crew unstands the value of maintaining the same continuity and continuing the numbering, but the current comics trend is against both concepts, both of which I value.
Old 04-22-2019, 03:04 PM   #2848
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Aside from seeing Krang and Slash again I hope the IDW crew unstands the value of maintaining the same continuity and continuing the numbering, but the current comics trend is against both concepts, both of which I value.
There are ways that could happen. Heck, Shredder is currently dead (we all know he's coming back but he's still dead) and has his own mini! If only I were in a position to pitch it, I've had an idea brewing in my head for months for a story centered on Slash having been whisked away from the explosion at the last second by a "higher power" in need of his assistance with extradimensional shenanigans, and how he deals with his unexpected comeback from a certain death that he expected would finally give him peace (think Jon Snow's mindset in the first few episodes of GoT season 6). My point being, anything can be done in a tasteful, coherent, respectful manner and still resonate with the fandom. Even crappy concepts. And even retcons, despite their inherent negative connotation. That's one of the many beauties of writing. As André Rieu says at the end of his concerts, "Who knows, we might see each other again in life."

On the matters of numbering and continuity, I wholeheartedly agree!
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 03:30 PM   #2849
daggio
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I admit, as one who never left fandom, but never cared for a non-Archie publication I was very weary when it was announced and the initial tone and red mask were present, but eventually showed it can bring in elements of several versions of TMMT and do its own thing at the same time better than Nickelodeon can. If you like TMNT nothing blends it together better than IDW in the past, present, and dare I say the future. Aside from seeing Krang and Slash again I hope the IDW crew unstands the value of maintaining the same continuity and continuing the numbering, but the current comics trend is against both concepts, both of which I value.
The bringing together of several elements from the different TMNT incarnations was actually the primary reason I decided to give this book a try. I liked the fact that characters from different versions, who may have never interacted with each other, are interacting now.....Bebop/Rocksteady and Karai, Bebop/Rocksteady and Hun, Bishop and some of the Mutanimals, Bishop and Dark Water, Krang and the Fugitoid, Ch'rell and some of the Mutanimals, Fugitoid and the Neutrinos, and hopefully eventually (in flashback obviously) Krang and Ch'rell (I do remember them together in Turtles Forever, but for me it's not the same).

As far as numbering and continuity goes, I'm sure continuity will continue since there are so many different characters and stories waiting in the wing, so to speak. We'll see when it comes to numbering what happens.
Old 04-23-2019, 08:36 AM   #2850
martinitolove
Foot Soldier

Yes, please continue the numbering after 100 with 101 and so on! It would make IDW so much better than Marvel!!!
martinitolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 01:43 PM   #2851
liugeaux
Hench Mutant

Honestly, I wouldn't bother me if the number restarted. I totally understand the financial reason to do so. If that keeps IDW in the business of making TMNT comics, then go for it. I only hope that the continuity is carried over, that's my only real concern with post-100 content.
liugeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 10:31 AM   #2852
Vegita-San
Emperor

Bebop and Rocksteady hit the road.

'They're Dying' line. it seemed pretty obvious they where done for after they climbed back up the bridge. but, next panel, they see NYC, and suddenly recover instantly, right down to clothing? I feel like I missed a page somewhere. I also assumed maybe they where dead...and had entered the afterlife...but then the epilogue with karai happened and pretty much dispelled that. not sure what happened there.

Also, is rocksteady a cannibal? his 'let me get in on that, i'm hungry' line as the dino was tearing up the future cops line seemed out of place even for him.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 03:40 PM   #2853
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggio View Post
Krang and Ch'rell (I do remember them together in Turtles Forever, but for me it's not the same).
[bodyslams through wall at the mere mention]
We've not even seen an interaction, but you already know it's going to be so vastly different it would almost be comical. Though...there's gotta be someone IDW Krang used to "Old Married Couple Bicker" with. Even while he was his right hand and dangerously loyal.

(I guess that was one thing that was most 'missing' from IDW Krang, besides the rapidfire inventiveness.)
Old 05-01-2019, 08:39 PM   #2854
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post

'They're Dying' line. it seemed pretty obvious they where done for after they climbed back up the bridge. but, next panel, they see NYC, and suddenly recover instantly, right down to clothing? I feel like I missed a page somewhere. I also assumed maybe they where dead...and had entered the afterlife...but then the epilogue with karai happened and pretty much dispelled that. not sure what happened there.

Also, is rocksteady a cannibal? his 'let me get in on that, i'm hungry' line as the dino was tearing up the future cops line seemed out of place even for him.
I read it as they got some pep and the will to live when they realized they made it home. Not medically accurate, but you know... comics!

Well, the time cops aren't technically human, nor is Rocksteady. But yeah, I was kinda surprised that Nickelodeon let that one through!
Old 05-02-2019, 04:16 AM   #2855
neatoman
Emperor

Speaking of Hit the Road, are Bebop and Rocksteady still on the Time Cops' radar given that they're in the wrong timeline? Also, what happened to the Bebop and Rocksteady actually belonging to the main timeline, are they dead?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 04:13 PM   #2856
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

I could very well be forgetting something, but as far as I know in this moment, the Bebop and Rocksteady we have are the real, original ones (to the IDW universe!).

Are they still on the Time Lords radar? All depends if we want to utilize that in a future story, so... maybe? Nothing we've thought about for the near term.
Old 05-02-2019, 08:30 PM   #2857
daggio
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post

I was just as confused when I saw the whole ending to that miniseries. The two of them (and Anchovy) were seemingly at the mercy of the few remaining EPF soldiers......and then they wake up in the middle of New York (and it went from being dark and gray to colorful and sunny). Now that we're getting into "City at War" and considering the players, so to speak, that are involved now and were involved in that miniseries, I'm thinking that maybe the three of them were taken into EPF custody and are now (or are going to be) used as some sort of mind-controlled Trojan Horse or something. After all, Bishop was seeing the strength of those three during the miniseries (and using them against Ravenwood). I was thinking that he would jump at the thought of having these three at his disposal, just like Slash.
Old 05-05-2019, 01:12 PM   #2858
Igglet

Santolouco shared this image on his Twitter just now in celebration of 35 years of TMNT. Would you say it's just a random pic, or is it supposed to tease a future story? I know I'm probably digging too much into it, but having him back on the main ongoing would be great, his art is a gift to mankind.

Old 05-05-2019, 01:23 PM   #2859
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igglet View Post
Santolouco shared this image on his Twitter just now in celebration of 35 years of TMNT. Would you say it's just a random pic, or is it supposed to tease a future story? I know I'm probably digging too much into it, but having him back on the main ongoing would be great, his art is a gift to mankind.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D50xuydWsAcdDQi.jpg
Looks like a tribute to the first arc, honestly. I might be repeating myself but I wish we could see more of those legacy covers for City at War.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 01:55 PM   #2860
Igglet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Looks like a tribute to the first arc, honestly. I might be repeating myself but I wish we could see more of those legacy covers for City at War.
Take a closer look at the picture, though. EPF Soldiers lying on the ground.

Tags
bobby curnow, idw, idw's tmnt, questions, tom waltz