The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Toys and Collectibles

Notices

Old 12-29-2016, 09:17 PM   #2081
Hamato Yoshi
Stone Warrior

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY1u...?v=qPQm3wett6ghttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAwPNyYI4MI
Hamato Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 11:10 AM   #2082
Chaotix12345
Stone Warrior

I received these as a Christmas present from my favorite Cousin last weekend:

My Little Pony: Equestria Girls Minis - Pinkie Pie
Diddy Kong amiibo (Super Mario Series)

1/12 edit:

Hauls for the week, both procured with Christmas money. The first I pre-ordered from Amazon and the second I ordered from Walmart.com and picked up yesterday:

Darkwing Duck Comics Collection Volume 1: Orange is the New Purple

TMNT 2012 Armaggon Figure

Last edited by Chaotix12345; 01-12-2017 at 10:30 AM.
Chaotix12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 10:59 AM   #2083
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Went a little nuts on Marvel Legends/DC Multiverse purchases lately... Mostly on sale, though. Got a bunch on Amazon for more than half off, and TRU had a couple solid sales and I couldn't say no.

Picked up TV Supergirl recently for half off. Superboy is an older DC Universe Classics that I've had for a while, and All-Star Superman was a Xmas gift. My ideal Super-Family, right here.

Ms. Marvel is the only one I paid full price for. Kamala's probably my favourite current comics character, so that was a must.

X-Women Kitty Pryde, Rogue, and Phoenix were discounted way down on Amazon in late December. So here we are. (Logan and Kurt I've had for ages.)

Venom from the same Amazon sale. I love this look, way better than the usual "giant fangs and tongue with green slime" look. Just a big, unsettling grin. Glad they made the two heads swappable here.

And a Ben Reilly Spider-Man, which was also on sale at TRU last month. I've got a huge soft spot for Ben, and this and the kinda-recent Scarlet Spider figure behind him are both great.

...I definitely need to cut back on spending after all that, but... kinda worth it.
Old 01-22-2017, 10:56 PM   #2084
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Today I got this guy for $12.19. Definitely worth the price I paid; I love him. He glows in the dark, and he's my favorite color and Xenomorph design.
IMG_0122.jpg

IMG_0124.jpg

IMG_0132.jpg
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 06:32 PM   #2085
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Got this guy. NECA Alien Big Chap. Great figure even though it kinda shows its age in the articulation department. He also came with that nice backdrop I've been enjoying.
IMG_0215.jpg

IMG_0216.jpg

IMG_0217.jpg

All in all a fantastic addition to my growing NECA collection.
Old 02-15-2017, 06:49 PM   #2086
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Some night pics.
IMG_0226.jpg

IMG_0227.jpg
Old 02-19-2017, 02:47 PM   #2087
Chaotix12345
Stone Warrior

This is a batch post of everything I picked up from the end of last month through today because my photo host of choice was being buggy a week or so back and I couldn't get them up sooner. FEEL MY YU-GI-OH NERD AURA:

Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Dark Side of Dimensions Ticket Stub (Saw it at the very same theater I saw Pyramid of Light at 13 years ago!)
Exclusive Obelisk the Tormentor Movie Promo Card

Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Dark Side of Dimensions Movie Pack Gold Edition (x2) (Walmart) (Pretty nice pulls! Got all four special variants AND Blue-Eyes Alternative White Dragon!)

Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Dark Side of Dimensions "Dark Side Duel" T-Shirt (Official Yu-Gi-Oh! Shop)

Sailor Moon R: The Movie Poster and Art Cards (Got Jupiter and Venus! I ended up with two because the theater was trying to get rid of the rest of them.)

Yu-Gi-Oh! DSOD Movie Pack - Kaiser Vorse Raider (Amazon)
Yu-Gi-Oh! DSOD Movie Pack Gold Edition - Slifer the Sky Dragon (Amazon)

Yu-Gi-Oh! DSOD Movie Pack Gold Edition - Assault Wyvern (Amazon)
Yu-Gi-Oh! DSOD Movie Pack Gold Edition - Apple Magician Girl (Amazon)
Yu-Gi-Oh! DSOD Movie Pack Gold Edition - Clear Kuriboh (Amazon)
Yu-Gi-Oh! DSOD Movie Pack Gold Edition - Lemon Magician Girl (Amazon)
Yu-Gi-Oh! DSOD Movie Pack Gold Edition - Dark Horizon (Amazon)

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Volume 1 (Books-A-Million)
Spider-Man/Deadpool Volume 1: Isn't It Bromantic (Books-A-Million)
Pokemon Adventures: Black 2 and White 2 Volume 1 (Books-A-Million)
Yu-Gi-Oh! 3-in-1 Volumes 7-9 (Books-A-Million)
Yu-Gi-Oh! DSOD Movie Pack Gold Edition - Magical Contract Door (Amazon)
Yu-Gi-Oh! DSOD Movie Pack Gold Edition - Metamorphortress (Amazon)
Old 03-10-2017, 11:39 PM   #2088
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

I got a NECA Aliens Mantis Alien and a Marvel Legends Absorbing-Man BAF wave Superior Foes of Spiderman Beetle. I love both of this figures.

The Mantis Alien is a fantastic sculpt, is amazingly painted, and has a really wide range of articulation. It reuses some parts from their Big Chap, mainly in the waist/upper legs area, but it's barely noticeable, and is still pretty good. He only comes with two accessories: a reprint of the original Kenner comic the original toy came with, and a green chestburster. The comic is okay, but the chestburster is a really cool accessory to have. I did have some issues with the figure but they were minor. The figure is really heavy, so it's prone to falling down and getting it into good poses can be difficult, although not impossible. The inner mouth was really hard to get out on mine, thought that's just an issue with the type of plastic used, it's a softer gummy material that gets deshaped, but I was able fix the issue. The main problem I encountered was that out of the packaging, I had a few broken bits on the figure. At first I didn't notice, but after inspecting the figure, I noticed it was missing two spikes on its tail. (Pics of problem are are included) I looked in the packaging, and sure enough there was one of the broken off pieces. (I'll have to glue that back on later). The other bit I still can't even find. I'm pretty sure I didn't break it. I was playing around with (and opened) the figure on one surface, and I checked everywhere on there, and the bit's not there. Other than that, I had no problems with the figure. I LOVE it. It's definitely my favorite Alien in my collection.

I know I've posted about my adoration of Shuma Gorath, but have I mentioned my vested interest in the Beetle? I've been a fan of the Beetle in the many iterations, and this one is no exception. So naturally I'd want her in figure form. I've been waiting for her to go on clearance, and finally I got her at a good price. She was definitely worth the wait. Immediately after opening the figure I fell in love with it. It's a really beautiful figure that really captures the look and is just soo good. I had a lot of fun playing with her and posing her around, as you can see in the pics. She's my first female figure, and I'm amazed by her. Although female Marvel Legends figures don't have as much articulation as the male ones, I'm surprised at how much she does have, and it just comes off great. The wings are marvelous (no pun intended) and the articulation on them is fantastic. I can't gush about this figure enough; I really do love it. I even like her over the Mantis Alien. The only problem I have is that they could've included some accessories. All she comes with is the BAF piece, and although she doesn't need any (as she's pretty much perfect as she is) some interchangeable hands or a cute unmasked head would've been nice. But that's just being nitpicky. As it stands, this is a fantastic figure, and one of the best in my collection. She gets me really excited for the upcoming classic Abe Jenkins Beetle coming out in a few months. Can't wait!

Spoiler:

Last edited by DestronMirage22; 03-11-2017 at 12:01 AM.
Old 03-10-2017, 11:59 PM   #2089
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Spoiler:

Old 03-13-2017, 02:20 PM   #2090
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

I couldn't help myself. I just love this figure.

Marvel Legends Beetle Photoshoot:
Spoiler:

Old 03-17-2017, 04:36 PM   #2091
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

I jumped into the Marvel Legends stuff. I picked up Marvel Legends Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 Wave 1 Yondu figure. I loved Yondu in the first movie and this toy is pretty cool.

I just wish he came with an arrow that was not in the effect plastic.

Last edited by Autbot_Benz; 05-27-2017 at 10:52 PM.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 09:48 PM   #2092
Hamato Yoshi
Stone Warrior

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMwn...4IRiq6s1wRr9jT

Old 03-24-2017, 12:55 PM   #2093
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamato Yoshi View Post
Pretty cool dude! Looks like you have a big enough room to display it as well. That Joker laugh in the background was awesome.
Did you grow up in the 1960s with that series?
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 10:20 PM   #2094
Chaotix12345
Stone Warrior

March/early April batch!

Super Turtle Kart shirt (RIPT Apparel)

World of Nintendo Series 2-2 Cat Mario Figure (Target)

8-Bit Zombie (Amazon)

The Loyal Subjects Action Vinyl Goku (FYE)
x2 Kawaii Cubes Yu-Gi-Oh! Cube Headz (Got Yami Yugi and Mystical Elf!) (FYE)
Power Rangers Ticket Stub (Great movie! Really brought the Rangers to the big screen in a more adult, yet respectful way!)

Deadpool's Secret Secret Wars (Books-A-Million)
Deadpool: Back in Black (Books-A-Million)
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Volume 2 (Books-A-Million)
The Loyal Subjects Action Vinyl Donatello (TMNT Series 2) (Books-A-Million)
Old 04-06-2017, 11:20 PM   #2095
Slade
god status

That Goku comes in the little box huh? I've pulled a Vegeta and a Piccolo out of them. Wish they came with the accessories though.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 11:38 PM   #2096
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Got the new NECA Ultimate Jungle Hunter.
My first Predator, and he's AMAZING!!
The articulation is fantastic and the amount of accessories he comes with is impressive. And he's completely screen-accurate.
I've had tons of fun just playing around and posing him.
IMG_0406.jpg
Old 05-16-2017, 09:45 PM   #2097
Chaotix12345
Stone Warrior

Got these in last Wednesday from Walmart.com. Peter and Miles were half-off, so I couldn't resist.

Marvel Legends Ultimate Spider-Men Peter Parker Figure
Marvel Legends Ultimate Spider-Men Miles Morales Figure
Marvel Legends Venom Figure

Also, before I got these guys, my parents took a trip out of country the other week while my Sister and I house/dogsat. We mostly spent that time marathoning shows, including Gravity Falls, Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's, and Dragon Ball GT. Why am I telling you this? Well, when my parents returned, they said they found something in a random chip bag that I "might like." What did they find?

FREAKING SPANISH DRAGON BALL GT POGS!! WHAT ARE THE FREAKING CHANCES THAT A PROMOTION FOR DRAGON BALL GT WOULD BE HAPPENING ANYWHERE, LET ALONE EXACTLY WHERE MY PARENTS WENT ON THEIR TRIP AND AT THE EXACT SAME TIME WHEN I WAS BINGEING IT?! Definitely one of the most hilarious/amazing things to ever happen to me.
Old 05-21-2017, 12:10 AM   #2098
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Got myself that NECA Stalker Predator I've been eyeing up for a while, at a very good price.

This is an amazing figure. The new articulation is great as always, the new sculpted parts look really good, and the Bio-Mask looks fantastic. A great homage to the old Kenner version.

The glow-in-the-dark feature works marvelously. While I didn't do a very good job capturing it in photos, in person it's amazing. This figure looks great accompanied by my Thermal Vision Alien Warrior and I can't wait to pose them together and take pics.

Overall i'm VERY satisfied with my purchase.

Old 05-27-2017, 08:08 PM   #2099
Hamato Yoshi
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
Pretty cool dude! Looks like you have a big enough room to display it as well. That Joker laugh in the background was awesome.
Did you grow up in the 1960s with that series?
No , born in the 80s but this show is immortal , I'm sure they'll be watching it in 2066 , too
Old 05-28-2017, 11:07 PM   #2100
Chaotix12345
Stone Warrior

Added to my growing Marvel trade collection with Spider-Man/Deadpool Volume 0: Don't Call It A Team-up from Barnes & Noble on Friday.