The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 07-15-2014, 08:15 PM   #61
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
The turtles having an attraction to April or riffing on someone being a babe or whatever is a lot different than literally stating they have an erection. Jesus, c'mon.

"You're cute!"
"You've made me hard!"

Which one is better suited to be in a film that has some level of aim towards a young audience?

Yeah, let's just assume someones distaste for a lewd joke is a matter of ego, 'cause that's fair. Whether or not I make sex jokes in my life has no bearing on the turtles' vocabulary. The turtles may not be Shakespeare, but they're certainly above that tier of low-brow humor & THAT is what's disappointing. They've never had to sink that low to get a laugh.

Mikey never said that he got an erection...he said his shell got tight. I don't recall them saying that he said, "Man my penis is standing at attention!" or "I have a boner". He has alluded to a sexual attraction to April before...this is not new
Old 07-15-2014, 08:17 PM   #62
SwiftNinjaFox
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by samxsteal View Post
Also Comic Con which should have some awesome stuff
At least a description. They may not post it online. Sometimes the comic con stuff remains a special thing for attendees.

But since it will be like...2 weeks from release, maybe they'll go ahead.
Old 07-15-2014, 08:19 PM   #63
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphael_9859 View Post
Mikey never said that he got an erection...he said his shell got tight. I don't recall them saying that he said, "Man my penis is standing at attention!" or "I have a boner". He has alluded to a sexual attraction to April before...this is not new
Yeah, Kind of like he had in the 1st movie, So Mikey having a thing is no surprise.

Donnie in the Nick series has a huge crush on April.
Old 07-15-2014, 08:20 PM   #64
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftNinjaFox View Post
At least a description. They may not post it online. Sometimes the comic con stuff remains a special thing for attendees.

But since it will be like...2 weeks from release, maybe they'll go ahead.
Unless someone leaked smartphone footage of it, Which tends to happen while at SDCC.
Old 07-15-2014, 08:21 PM   #65
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Yeah, Kind of like he had in the 1st movie, So Mikey having a thing is no surprise.

People are blowing that out of proportion and just want to complain about anything just to complain. It doesn't bother me at all. Now if we see turtle dicks and balls flapping around like in that Transformers movie....THAT might be a little too much
Old 07-15-2014, 08:22 PM   #66
sethmartin
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Well, many of us don't own those bits to be inspired to make such jokes.

If they straight up made this aimed at adults fine. Still really cringe worthy, but whatever. But the fact that this is still "not yet rated" and hearing about this line prob isn't helping people at all figure out if they can take the kids or leave them home...

Different times than when a lot of us were young. Sure, we weren't innocent and a lot of these kids now aren't either, but parents are more up tight now, not much can be changed about that, and references are often a lot less vague than they used to be.

At most, they're hurting the potential family friendliness. If it's not actually really aimed at kids after all, well, so be it then but they should make it clear.
Ah come on. It was one little subtle joke that will most likely go right over most kids heads. I've seen way more sexual jokes on Nickelodeon and even the Disney Channel. Go back and look at all of the dick and boner jokes in Rocko's Modern Life or even Spongebob. Like I said earlier, one could easily argue that he's not even talking about having a boner. It's our dirty and corrupt minds that are interpreting it that way. Now I know that's what he's talking about but you really have to know exactly what he's talking about to even get it. So it's not as graphic and disgusting as some of you are trying to make it out to be. And honestly, screw family friendly. That was fine when I was a kid but now I want a turtles movie for us older fans.
sethmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 08:23 PM   #67
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethmartin View Post
Ah come on. It was one little subtle joke that will most likely go right over most kids heads. I've seen way more sexual jokes on Nickelodeon and even the Disney Channel. Go back and look at all of the dick and boner jokes in Rocko's Modern Life or even Spongebob. Like I said earlier, one could easily argue that he's not even talking about having a boner. It's our dirty and corrupt minds that are interpreting it that way. Now I know that's what he's talking about but you really have to know exactly what he's talking about to even get it. So it's not as graphic and disgusting as some of you are trying to make it out to be. And honestly, screw family friendly. That was fine when I was a kid but now I want a turtles movie for us older fans.
Oh come on....you know SOMEONE is going to find a "sex joke" offensive. People need to stop complaining about every little thing that they see
Old 07-15-2014, 08:24 PM   #68
SwiftNinjaFox
Stone Warrior

Quote:

I'll just have to disagree with people who think "I'm in looove" and "My pants got tighter" come across with the same sophistication. One is stating attraction, one is decidedly making a sexual emphasis. But whatever, I'm a prude that thinks twerking is trashy too.

Quote:
Unless someone leaked smartphone footage of it, Which tends to happen while at SDCC.
Except the Warcraft tone piece. Nobody saw that coming....dammit. >_<
Old 07-15-2014, 08:26 PM   #69
sethmartin
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphael_9859 View Post
Oh come on....you know SOMEONE is going to find a "sex joke" offensive. People need to stop complaining about every little thing that they see
I agree and none of us have even heard this line. We are basing our opinions off of a review which could have made it out to sound like a bigger deal than it actually was. To me this actually sounds like a joke they could have put in the first movie. It's intended for adults and that's ok with me.
Old 07-15-2014, 08:28 PM   #70
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
That was fine when I was a kid but now I want a turtles movie for us older fans.
Which I entirely agree with, but some of the arguments for a long time have been suggested that it's for kids, kids will like it, who cares what adults think. lol This damn thing has gone so many ways, god knows what direction it's gonna come out.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 08:28 PM   #71
sethmartin
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I'll just have to disagree with people who think "I'm in looove" and "My pants got tighter" come across with the same sophistication. One is stating attraction, one is decidedly making a sexual emphasis. But whatever, I'm a prude that thinks twerking is trashy too.

He DIDNT say his pants got tighter! He said his shell got tighter which I'm not an expert on turtle anatomy but his shell is on his back. Now let's move on.
Old 07-15-2014, 08:29 PM   #72
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I agree and none of us have even heard this line. We are basing our opinions off of a review which could have made it out to sound like a bigger deal than it actually was. To me this actually sounds like a joke they could have put in the first movie. It's intended for adults and that's ok with me.
Yeah I have no problems whatsoever
Old 07-15-2014, 08:34 PM   #73
SwiftNinjaFox
Stone Warrior

Quote:
He DIDNT say his pants got tighter! He said his shell got tighter which I'm not an expert on turtle anatomy but his shell is on his back. Now let's move on.
I didn't say he did. I said people are suggesting those two are equivalents. And the shell would be the whole front, back, and connecting sides. Hence why when you find a turtle that's died and decayed, you have a complete shell.

But yeah, tired of the argument already. People only said they didn't like the joke and the reviewers said he came off kinda creepy.

Hell, maybe that's the point. Maybe he realizes it culminating in the "We'll find youuuuu" bit.

I'm not saying the entire movie just tanked in a burning fiery wreckage over a single joke I don't like the sound off. Yeesh

Like I said, after all the horrible, HORRIBLE, DESTROY IT WITH FIRE jokes and crap in Transformers, if this is the worst TMNT has, I'll sing its praises from the rooftops for sophisticated and witty humor.

Seriously....destroy Transformers 1 & 2 with fire.
Old 07-15-2014, 08:37 PM   #74
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior

The Turtles had a thing for April in numerous ocasions already, ever since the old Fred Wolf Cartoons, and the bullet-proof shells was done before already, once on the original Mirage Comics by saving one of the Turtles from a gunshot to the back and another by saving all 4 brothers from an explosion on the Archie Comics. People will just complain about everything from this movie, I saw a guy complaining about them having fingernails...
Old 07-15-2014, 08:37 PM   #75
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:

Well, Knowing that Paramount will show something, They will come prepared.
Old 07-15-2014, 08:40 PM   #76
Xiewin
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilSpooky View Post
The Turtles had a thing for April in numerous ocasions already, ever since the old Fred Wolf Cartoons, and the bullet-proof shells was done before already, once on the original Mirage Comics by saving one of the Turtles from a gunshot to the back and another by saving all 4 brothers from an explosion on the Archie Comics. People will just complain about everything from this movie, I saw a guy complaining about them having fingernails...
lol seriously? They had finger nails in the 1990 movie.
Xiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 08:43 PM   #77
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Eh forget all that noise... Just gonna write them and humbly request that if there is a sequel they include a sexy shower scene of one of the Turtles... And let the boner joke loving fanboys squirm while lusty fangirls lose their minds.

Or we can hope it happens in this one.

(I... I should prob just leave thread now... )
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 08:44 PM   #78
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

MTV posted about the Footage they saw and posted "7 Things You Will And Won’t See In The ‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles’ Footage At Comic-Con"
http://www.mtv.com/news/1869252/teen...otage-preview/
Old 07-15-2014, 08:44 PM   #79
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja

Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
These Articles Have me So Pumped Man, Cant wait lol

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 08:47 PM   #80
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiewin View Post
lol seriously? They had finger nails in the 1990 movie.
Seriously... Some complains are understandable, they really are, but then there's others that are just... I just don't know what to think about those...

Tags
live action films