The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 06-09-2016, 08:11 PM   #841
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Hey Bobby,

i was wondering what border dimension/size ratio do you have the comic artists draw at?

is there any advantage to them drawing at that particular size over the typical pre-marked boarders of the Comic Boards they sell in art stores?

thanks
Old 06-09-2016, 09:44 PM   #842
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Hey Bobby! Just wondering how much longer Dave Watcher will be on the ongoing/how many issues will "Chasing Phantoms" will be, if you can say?
He'll be on through the Phantoms story arc which ends at #64.
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 09:46 PM   #843
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by miru View Post
Why is IDW not making "The Forever War" a reality?
It could well happen one day. There's been several factors, such as wanting to finish out the Adventures reprint TPB and schedules. I've talked to Steve about though back when we did the 30th anniversary book.
Old 06-09-2016, 09:47 PM   #844
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by myconius View Post
Hey Bobby,

i was wondering what border dimension/size ratio do you have the comic artists draw at?

is there any advantage to them drawing at that particular size over the typical pre-marked boarders of the Comic Boards they sell in art stores?

thanks
That would be a question for the individual artists, I only get digital files on my end. But i've seen various pages from different folks in person and they are a variety of different sizes.
Old 06-09-2016, 10:41 PM   #845
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
That would be a question for the individual artists, I only get digital files on my end. But i've seen various pages from different folks in person and they are a variety of different sizes.
thanks for that info.

just out of curiosity, would you know what is the size ratio of the digital files?

i'm was wondering as to the size for the necessary cropping and bleed for when a page goes to print.

thanks
Old 06-10-2016, 03:15 AM   #846
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Quote:
As Bobby said, it's really down to the artist. For the IDW assigned artists I've got pages/covers from, the sizes have been:

Dan Duncan - 7.5" x 12" (just under)
Cory Smith - 11" x 17"
Mateus Santolouco - 11.75" x 16.5"
CP Wilson III - 11" x 14"
Sophie Campbell - 10.75" x 17"
David Petersen - 11" x 17"

Note that's just the paper size, not the actual size of the content on the page. Duncan drew pretty much to the edge of the paper, whereas the rest have a bit of a border on all edges.
Old 06-10-2016, 05:08 AM   #847
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
Note that's just the paper size, not the actual size of the content on the page.
the content area/pixel dimension is what i was actually interested in.

thanks
Old 06-12-2016, 03:00 PM   #848
old_hob88
Foot Soldier

Bobby,

I've noticed that issues 56-58 have all been 20 pages instead of the normal 22. Is this going to be a permanent change for the ongoing or is it just a thing for the Leatherhead arcs?

Thanks!
old_hob88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 03:13 PM   #849
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
the content area/pixel dimension is what i was actually interested in.

thanks
Our preferred digital specs are 6.875 x 10.5 inches.
Old 06-13-2016, 03:15 PM   #850
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_hob88 View Post
Bobby,

I've noticed that issues 56-58 have all been 20 pages instead of the normal 22. Is this going to be a permanent change for the ongoing or is it just a thing for the Leatherhead arcs?

Thanks!
Unfortunately it is the standard moving forward. It's something I'm pretty against for a variety of reasons, the most selfish of is that it's harder to tell a story with two less pages.

The only solace I can give is that I fought it as much as I could and as a result TMNT was one of the last IDW titles to make the switch.
Old 06-13-2016, 03:48 PM   #851
CyberCubed
Overlord

Sad to see the 20 page standard going forward, but if anything hopefully that means less splash pages of just one scene per page and to cram as many scenes into a page as possible!
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 04:29 PM   #852
Mike Lowrey
Thug

Is IDW throwing any nightly events during Comic Con? I believe last year you had something at the SDCAG with Kevin Eastman on Wednesday night, but I wasn't able to make it. I'm currently trying to put my nightly itenerary together. Thanks!
Mike Lowrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 04:37 PM   #853
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
Our preferred digital specs are 6.875 x 10.5 inches.
thanks Bobby!
Old 06-13-2016, 04:43 PM   #854
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Unfortunately it is the standard moving forward. It's something I'm pretty against for a variety of reasons, the most selfish of is that it's harder to tell a story with two less pages.

The only solace I can give is that I fought it as much as I could and as a result TMNT was one of the last IDW titles to make the switch.
Thank you for that. Why can't there be a Bobby Curnow at the DC Comics office? I prefer you where you are at just wish more would be like you at the former National Periodical.

Will there be a panel for IDW's TMNT at this year's comic con? I know there was one in the past, but not ever year. I can't make it, but I want to get the podcast on Youtube if the one panel I have interest in does happen.
Old 06-13-2016, 06:41 PM   #855
old_hob88
Foot Soldier

Quote:

Thanks Bobby!

As a follow up it looks like TMNT Universe has a higher page count but at a higher price. Will this be the norm, or is that just because it's the first one?
old_hob88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 10:51 AM   #856
neatoman
Emperor

So Bobby, the latest issue of Bebop and Rocksteady Destroy Everything was pretty crazy and I loved it but I have a few questions:
  1. Are Wingnut and Screwloose fused together? Kinda looks like it.
  2. Speaking of Wingnut, if this is just a genetics lab, why does he have cybernetic parts?
  3. The anglerfish mutant has several similarities with Fishface but since is carp and not an anglarfish, I wonder if it really is him?
  4. Aside from the ones I mentioned, I'm not sure if the other mutants are old characters or completely new ones. Could you enlighten us?
  5. Everyone who gets splattered with mutagen transforms into some kind of sealife, what kind of mutagen was that?
  6. Did I miss a bunch of Rock soldiers in previous issues , because I don't remember any others than Traag and Granitor.
  7. Will see these mutants again?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 11:14 AM   #857
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
So Bobby, the latest issue of Bebop and Rocksteady Destroy Everything was pretty crazy and I loved it but I have a few questions:
  1. Are Wingnut and Screwloose fused together? Kinda looks like it.
  2. Speaking of Wingnut, if this is just a genetics lab, why does he have cybernetic parts?
  3. The anglerfish mutant has several similarities with Fishface but since is carp and not an anglarfish, I wonder if it really is him?
  4. Aside from the ones I mentioned, I'm not sure if the other mutants are old characters or completely new ones. Could you enlighten us?
  5. Everyone who gets splattered with mutagen transforms into some kind of sealife, what kind of mutagen was that?
  6. Did I miss a bunch of Rock soldiers in previous issues , because I don't remember any others than Traag and Granitor.
  7. Will see these mutants again?
As with all things in this mini-series, best not to look too closely at anything, BUT!

1) Our Screwloose is a bat fly, a type of parasitic fly that bonds to it's host.

I can't get a link to work, but google it!

2) It's Stockgen, the guy likes to toy with robotics as well!

3) Not meant to be Fishface, no.

4) Scumbug and Wingnut/Screwloose are the only mutants from previous media, the rest were designed by Dustin & Ben. I think there's likely to be concept sketches in the eventual TPB.

5) I don't believe that's accurate, at least in regards to April. You'll see what she turns into before the end of the series. Anyway, I think just one police guy starts transforming into a fish, and the others (Angler, Sea Horse) already existed. We see a guy refer to "my precious sea mutants!" so that dude was specializing, I guess.

6) Yes, we saw more Rock soldiers during Krang War and Attack on Technodrome. Tragg and Granitor are the only ones who have had a larger role.

7) In this series, yes. Beyond that, hard to say!

And I saw a question about whether that is Slash, and yes, it is intended to be.
Old 06-15-2016, 11:45 AM   #858
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
As with all things in this mini-series, best not to look too closely at anything, BUT!

1) Our Screwloose is a bat fly, a type of parasitic fly that bonds to it's host.

I can't get a link to work, but google it!

2) It's Stockgen, the guy likes to toy with robotics as well!

3) Not meant to be Fishface, no.

4) Scumbug and Wingnut/Screwloose are the only mutants from previous media, the rest were designed by Dustin & Ben. I think there's likely to be concept sketches in the eventual TPB.

5) I don't believe that's accurate, at least in regards to April. You'll see what she turns into before the end of the series. Anyway, I think just one police guy starts transforming into a fish, and the others (Angler, Sea Horse) already existed. We see a guy refer to "my precious sea mutants!" so that dude was specializing, I guess.

6) Yes, we saw more Rock soldiers during Krang War and Attack on Technodrome. Tragg and Granitor are the only ones who have had a larger role.

7) In this series, yes. Beyond that, hard to say!

And I saw a question about whether that is Slash, and yes, it is intended to be.
Batfly, eh?
Spoiler:

Pretty gross.

So April won't turn into something aquatic then? And I still wonder about the mutagen, isn't the StockGen version just meant to turn humans into beefy dudes like Hun? I thought the hybrid stuff was at Null industires.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 11:52 AM   #859
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Batfly, eh?

Pretty gross.

So April won't turn into something aquatic then? And I still wonder about the mutagen, isn't the StockGen version just meant to turn humans into beefy dudes like Hun? I thought the hybrid stuff was at Null industires.
like we've seen previously, mutagen + random animal DNA = mutated human/animal hybrid, and I guess those guys happened to touch the respective mutants, thus contaminating the ooze that got on them and mutating them as well
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 01:37 PM   #860
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

I would imagine that in a place like Stockmen, there's all sorts of experimental mutagen, spliced with all different sorts of animals.

Tags
bobby curnow, idw, idw's tmnt, questions, tom waltz