The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > Introductions

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-16-2017, 12:16 PM   #1
BazookaJo
Mouser

Another hi from the UK

The avalanche of new members continues with another chump in his early 40s with a soft spot for all things turtles.

First I ever heard of the turtles was a picture of issue 10 of the original comic series in a computer mag (think a dungeons and dragons style game had just been released featuring the awesome foursome).

https://marswillsendnomore.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-10-001.jpg

I thought it was one of the coolest things i had ever seen and still do - bought a copy of issue 10 some years later and have an A1 canvas style print of the cover in my study/mancave).

Then several years after seeing that cover the video game appeared out of nowhere in the UK followed by the cartoon series - due to some of the ninja weapons they renamed the series Hero Turtles and never aired the first 5 episodes of the initial pilot/mini series but me and my little brother were hooked.

We taped the first issue of the Eye of Sarnoff and watched it a dozen times till we could act it voices and all.

And we've both stuck with the turtles ever since.

My favourite turtle is Mikey but Shredder and Krang and the knuckleheads just as much.

Anyways great to touch Base with fellow fans keeping the green dream alive...

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android