The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 08-01-2020, 11:18 AM   #1
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

Bryan Cranston, Leonard Maltin and The Fugitoid?

This kinda makes me a little angry. I have a real mad on here and now because of Maltin's scathing review of the 1990 movie 30 years ago and what he has said about fans of this franchise.

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INFO ABOUT THIS IMAGE? It's apparently from 2016 at Meltdown Comics. But this is the weirdest thing I've seen in a while. What is the meaning of this? Does anyone know anything about this?

PizzaPower1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 12:08 PM   #2
frank_one
Mad Scientist

As far as I know, that Fugitoid statue was made for the "Ninja Turtles Blood Brothers" fan film.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ction-fan-film
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 12:27 PM   #3
80gmrp
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaPower1985 View Post
This kinda makes me a little angry. I have a real mad on here and now because of Maltin's scathing review of the 1990 movie 30 years ago and what he has said about fans of this franchise.
Admittedly I’m a bit out of the loop. What has Maltin said about us fans?
Old 08-01-2020, 12:28 PM   #4
neatoman
Emperor

... Bryan Cranston and the Fugitoid... Now that would be an interesting casting choice.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 02:10 PM   #5
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

As far as I remember it was just before the 2014 movie was released... where Maltin was quoted by some reporter when asked what he thought of a potential reboot he said something to the effect of he doesn't think the property has any life in it except for a few nostalgic adults who don't know how to grow up, are illiterate or just dumb and that he thought anything they do with ninja turtles can't be as bad as what came before... He then predicted the movie would bomb, have terrible acting and be dumb. He was actually right about the 2014 reboot but his disrespect for fans and the 1990 film kinda made me never wanna take him seriously ever again.

But, I too think Cranston would make for a perfect Honeycutt.
Old 08-01-2020, 02:45 PM   #6
Leo656
The Franchise

Pretty harsh, but as I've pointed out before, TMNT is the kind of thing that's so "out there", it really only play well if you first encounter it as a kid. I know a *few* people who got into it for the very first time later in life, but... well, to be blunt they do generally kinda fit the profile the guy puts forth.

I see it all the time, you either liked TMNT as a kid and therefore still do, or you didn't and so you don't care at all. It's kinda like having a sincere affection for Sesame Street. Makes sense if you got into it young, were passionate about it and therefore still care as an adult. But otherwise, why would a person even care?

That dude was an old man already when TMNT was a thing. Like John Byrne, there's absolutely no reason why he would care or have any affection for it in the first place, so you kinda gotta factor that in with anything they say.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 04:20 PM   #7
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Pretty harsh, but as I've pointed out before, TMNT is the kind of thing that's so "out there", it really only play well if you first encounter it as a kid. I know a *few* people who got into it for the very first time later in life, but... well, to be blunt they do generally kinda fit the profile the guy puts forth.

I see it all the time, you either liked TMNT as a kid and therefore still do, or you didn't and so you don't care at all. It's kinda like having a sincere affection for Sesame Street. Makes sense if you got into it young, were passionate about it and therefore still care as an adult. But otherwise, why would a person even care?

That dude was an old man already when TMNT was a thing. Like John Byrne, there's absolutely no reason why he would care or have any affection for it in the first place, so you kinda gotta factor that in with anything they say.
Completely agree with that, it's just that he's a professional movie critic and he couldn't see the brilliance that was the 1990 movie. Even Ebert "liked" the movie. On top of that though, here Maltin is posing with a goddamned statue or whatever of the Fugitoid and he wouldnt be doing it unless it was for some photo op. What is the man even doing in a comic book store? And for that matter why is Cranston with him?
Old 08-01-2020, 05:10 PM   #8
Galactus
Foot Elite

Would Leonard Maltin even know what the Fugitoid is? For him it's a random robot like Robby or the Lost in Space robot or C3PO.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 06:42 PM   #9
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
... Bryan Cranston and the Fugitoid... Now that would be an interesting casting choice.
I would totally be onboard with Bryan Cranston as the voice of the Fugitoid